SAAFL movements?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby dinglinga » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 pm

petoe wrote:I guarentee that edwarstown will still be in div 1 next year, because when they make the finals in 2006 you cant be relegated.

suppose its easy to guarentee a finals spot in feb ....when was edwardstown last in a Div1 final??
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Barbara » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:07 pm

This query was posted in another topic without a response. Petoe, you seem to be well versed on the goings on at Townies. Can you answer these questions? Other than the ex league players has anyone else been paid at Edwardstown? And if they have recruited Herbert does he expect to be paid next year? Can Kym Cobbs brother play? Will Kym Cobb play for Townies this year or has he already moved on? If yes, where to?
Barbara
Rookie

Postby petoe » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 pm

They have recruited herbet, and at least 4 other decent players with SANFL experience. Not sure bout the financial side of things, i heard they had a bit of money trouble but as far as i heard everyone still got payed regardless of who u were. Dont know about cobbs brother, i didnt no he had one? Kym cobb will def play for townies in 2006, and never had any other thoughts.

And to dingaling, Towns will be given no respect in div 1 and this will help them to win, they have the same team almost, add 4 or 5 decent players now this year, they will make finals. And for ur sake i think PHOS will be staying in Div 2 after this season, cause TTG, Gepps Cross and SMOSH look like the front runners.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby stan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:53 pm

petoe wrote:They have recruited herbet, and at least 4 other decent players with SANFL experience. Not sure bout the financial side of things, i heard they had a bit of money trouble but as far as i heard everyone still got payed regardless of who u were. Dont know about cobbs brother, i didnt no he had one? Kym cobb will def play for townies in 2006, and never had any other thoughts.

And to dingaling, Towns will be given no respect in div 1 and this will help them to win, they have the same team almost, add 4 or 5 decent players now this year, they will make finals. And for ur sake i think PHOS will be staying in Div 2 after this season, cause TTG, Gepps Cross and SMOSH look like the front runners.

Not sure about TTG being front runners, rumour has been around that they are struggling at the moment.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby leftrightout » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:26 pm

Mmmmm, interesting comments bout div 2. TTG have always been frontrunners and when the going gets tough the Gullies are gone. As for Gepps, how much money do need to run and ruin a disfuntional club? and SMOSH are just not up to it, they all think they are better then thy really are, fantastic in march and april!!!!! As for phosc i think they will be relegated as i heard shane peach was going to play, he only got a b-grade game before cause his old man wanted to watch him play before the a's. Everyone knew the real coach of phos was former president bruce clements.
leftrightout
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby leftrightout » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:41 pm

sorry to forget to answer ur question lingding, i played all my footy in a div1/2 club. And I will admit I was overpaid but hell we had some good times. Also enjoyed my time in SANFL and celebrated hard after a premiership. So dinglinga have you ever played football?
leftrightout
Rookie

Postby dinglinga » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:01 pm

yes a reserves premiership with south adelaide does count......

and for shane peach returning to play footy .. just like a good race horse his day has come and is in the paddocks eating well and has been put to stud..

did shane carve u up when u played him cos he did play a grade also ..

ill catch up with harvs tomorrow and we will have a nice chat
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Postby BM » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:00 am

leftrightout. stick to talking about clubs you may know something about. You obviously have no idea about Gepps so stop spruiking absolute crap.Where do you get dysfunctional from? As for the money mate sure in the past we paid too much for some over rated ex sanfl hacks (as has townies) but that is in the past. we will be back in div1 in no time without breaking the bank. By the way the players we pay are paid on time year in year out instead of on a drip feed basis. Im sure Golding, Herbert and co play for the love of the jumper.You have NFI.
BM
Rookie

Postby dinglinga » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:20 pm

i agree BM Gepps Cross have done wonders the last couple of years with the upgrade of your facilities and with the population boom within northgate im sure your juniors will benefit with a long term view of future senior players.

as for leftrightout if any div 2 saafl clubs were to be offered vehicles it would be kilburn ....if ur intelligent enough u should know why
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Postby BM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:50 am

Cheers d/linga. I just hope gepps can snare a win against the phantoms. By memory we have not beaten you guys for a couple of years. Came close last time at Camden when we were 5 up at 3/4 time and you guys ran over us to pip us at the post.Your ruckman that day killed us in the last qtr. Having Alf Steed sent off that day hurt us. May have to catch up when we play each other this year.
BM
Rookie

Postby Maddogmike » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:02 pm

Hey lads how are things down at PHOS going? Im not pulling on the boots this year heading back overseas to see if I can stir up some trouble in the English cricket camp before they head over for the ASHES.
All the best
Talbs
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Matt Kluzek apparently moving to Mt Gambier.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Read off Hands » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:41 pm

Matt Kluzek to Mt Gambier if not Flinders Park

Trent Ormond Allen to Hahndorf

Tony Modra to Naracoorte
Read off Hands
Rookie

Postby duncs7 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:29 pm

Shane Pickering from TTG out training with Elizabeth.
Another player coming back home
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby ca » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:15 am

Were there twin brother playing out at Goodwood last year Hadyn and Adam Wilson? I think Adam at least is out at Norwood?
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby petoe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:02 pm

They are both currently training with norwood. Hayden had previously played reserves with sturt.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby bulldog15 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 pm

JUST READ A POST FROM 'SUPER' BACK IN JANUARY,ASKING WHY ROSEWATER WOULD WANT O'HARA AND STUBBERFIELD FROM WOODVILLE SOUTH .WHAT A ABSOLUTE GOOSE! BOTH BLOKES PLAYED DIV 1 FOOTY LAST YEAR AND ARE BOTH DUEL PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS. JUST GOT ME WONDERING IF THAT WAS THE SAME "SUPER" ,POOR UMPIRE,VERY AVERAGE RUNNER FROM SALISBURY WEST WHO DROPPED HIS PANTS AFTER SALIS. WEST BEAT WOODY'S IN A SEMI FINAL ONLY TO BE SMASHED BY 106 POINTS IN THE GRAND FINAL! NOT TO MENTION CHUCKING IN A COACHING POSITION LAST YEAR?
bulldog15
Mini-League

Postby Barbara » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:09 pm

Heard of a few movements from PHOS which may test their depth. Out: Pope, Voigt, Talbot, Beauchamp, Wohling, Wright, Megins, Taylor (league club), Flatman (league club) and rumour of a mass exodus of former students back to SHOC. Should make for an interesting season opener!
Barbara
Rookie

Postby leftrightout » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:17 pm

Barbara wrote:Heard of a few movements from PHOS which may test their depth. Out: Pope, Voigt, Talbot, Beauchamp, Wohling, Wright, Megins, Taylor (league club), Flatman (league club) and rumour of a mass exodus of former students back to SHOC. Should make for an interesting season opener!

Dont know how PHOS will cover all those losses. Biggest loss would have to be Talbot, seen him carve it up in the past. What is he up to?, my mate said he a naturalist and is opening up a 'farm' somewhere close to Adelaide
leftrightout
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Close. He's a beautician and taking his wax to Europe to refine his skills. Apparently he's had some nasty law suits due to his sloppy work performing the back, crack and sac.
Barbara
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League