SAAFL movements?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby dinglinga » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:32 pm

maybe as reported earlier this year peachy may get a run in the A's

barbs and leftrightout u have both spoken to the speedster that he is ready to flatten any one that gets in front of him
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby RRR » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:35 pm

Barbara wrote:Heard of a few movements from PHOS which may test their depth. Out: Pope, Voigt, Talbot, Beauchamp, Wohling, Wright, Megins, Taylor (league club), Flatman (league club) and rumour of a mass exodus of former students back to SHOC. Should make for an interesting season opener!

don't think many of those blokes back from phos to shoc are A graders. Also heard a whisper that a former crow/south player (not koster) will be lining up for them...keep all informed shortly.

Taylor and Flatman are trying out at westies
RRR
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:54 pm

Tregenza? Don't think so.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby Pag » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:02 am

In the B grade game Tregenza played against us last year, his hamstring lasted until about the 3 minute mark of the first quarter. His body wouldn't be able to take it anymore I wouldn't think.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby Barbara » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:29 am

RRR wrote:
Barbara wrote:Heard of a few movements from PHOS which may test their depth. Out: Pope, Voigt, Talbot, Beauchamp, Wohling, Wright, Megins, Taylor (league club), Flatman (league club) and rumour of a mass exodus of former students back to SHOC. Should make for an interesting season opener!

don't think many of those blokes back from phos to shoc are A graders. Also heard a whisper that a former crow/south player (not koster) will be lining up for them...keep all informed shortly.

Taylor and Flatman are trying out at westies

They will be now!
Barbara
Rookie

Postby Maddogmike » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:31 am

Which Voigt has left PHOS? Ben or Tabe...If we are not in the cricket GF I will be out having a look for round 1.
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby BM » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:39 am

Exodus from PHOS?Anything to do with the coach? Have heard reports that he is a wanker. Ex Crow/ Docker/ Panther at SHOC. C Groom
BM
Rookie

Postby Maddogmike » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 am

Isnt Tony Francis coaching PHOS? Why is he supposedly a wanker then BM?
I havent heard anything bad, but your views are appreciated.
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby bandar » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 am

BM wrote:Exodus from PHOS?Anything to do with the coach? Have heard reports that he is a wanker. Ex Crow/ Docker/ Panther at SHOC. C Groom

None of the blokes that have left have ever met the coach so they probably just want to play at their old school.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby cj_blacks » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 am

i hear st pauls have been talkin up their pick ups any news?
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby BM » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:18 pm

I know a few guys from Kilburn where Francis lasted half a year as assistant coach and he was not highly thought of at the knights. Also had some dealings with him at school level (admittedly in the bow and arrow days) and he was a wanker then. Lastly have heard thru the grapevine from an official at a club which looks to be benefitting from the exodus of players from PHOS that Franics had a poor attitude. I suppose it is all conjecture but that is what I have heard.
BM
Rookie

Postby bandar » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:20 pm

BM wrote:I know a few guys from Kilburn where Francis lasted half a year as assistant coach and he was not highly thought of at the knights. Also had some dealings with him at school level (admittedly in the bow and arrow days) and he was a wanker then. Lastly have heard thru the grapevine from an official at a club which looks to be benefitting from the exodus of players from PHOS that Franics had a poor attitude. I suppose it is all conjecture but that is what I have heard.

Interesting comments I've spoken to last years coach at Kilburn who rates him quite highly. Kilburn weren't happy that he was unable to play but thats a different matter. As far as the club benefitting from the "exodus" (someone elses word) as I said before can guys make assesment without meeting someone, I would have thought not. Conjecture can be interesting one mans opinion etc. A lot of the players leaving for SHOC all seem to have one thing in common but they'll work that out or they might fit in to the club like a glove. Good luck to the lads at least they're still playing footy.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby whispy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:23 pm

bandar wrote:
BM wrote:I know a few guys from Kilburn where Francis lasted half a year as assistant coach and he was not highly thought of at the knights. Also had some dealings with him at school level (admittedly in the bow and arrow days) and he was a wanker then. Lastly have heard thru the grapevine from an official at a club which looks to be benefitting from the exodus of players from PHOS that Franics had a poor attitude. I suppose it is all conjecture but that is what I have heard.

Interesting comments I've spoken to last years coach at Kilburn who rates him quite highly. Kilburn weren't happy that he was unable to play but thats a different matter. As far as the club benefitting from the "exodus" (someone elses word) as I said before can guys make assesment without meeting someone, I would have thought not. Conjecture can be interesting one mans opinion etc. A lot of the players leaving for SHOC all seem to have one thing in common but they'll work that out or they might fit in to the club like a glove. Good luck to the lads at least they're still playing footy.

Most of the blokes coming from PHOS to SHOC are guys that just finished school and played 17s at PHOS so wouldn't read too much into that. Still a few senior ex SHC guys at phos which will be an interesting encounter rd 3 at SHC main oval! I think the latter there Bandar, most blokes fit into shoc like a glove, pretty hard not to.
Cheers
whispy
Mini-League

Postby GWW » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:43 pm

BM wrote:Exodus from PHOS?Anything to do with the coach? Have heard reports that he is a wanker. Ex Crow/ Docker/ Panther at SHOC. C Groom

I never fail to be amazed by the amount of league footballers who are w***ers, either ones i've met or ones i've heard spoken about. Arguably the 2 biggest w***ers i've ever met have been current (at the time) or ex SANFL players, i'd love to say who they were but defamation laws sort of mean its probably not wise. What it is it about professional footballers, huge egos, arrogance etc, although i must admit there are obviously SANFL/AFL players who are great guys. One i met (who certainly was great bloke) was the late Anthony Williams, who i met as a kid.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby duncs7 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:09 pm

GWW wrote:

I never fail to be amazed by the amount of league footballers who are w***ers, either ones i've met or ones i've heard spoken about. Arguably the 2 biggest w***ers i've ever met have been current (at the time) or ex SANFL players, i'd love to say who they were but defamation laws sort of mean its probably not wise. What it is it about professional footballers, huge egos, arrogance etc, although i must admit there are obviously SANFL/AFL players who are great guys. One i met (who certainly was great bloke) was the late Anthony Williams, who i met as a kid.

screw the defamation laws, they dont apply 2 forums. Just name em
I will. Scott Hodges and Troy Bond! of the few ex players i have met
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby barbs » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:35 pm

GWW wrote:

Yes you are right! Have met Kym Welsby, Damien Kitschkitze, Simon Tregenza, I am sure there is more however all these 'blokes?' are well performed wankers!!!
barbs
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby barbs » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:11 pm

whispy wrote:
bandar wrote:

Most of the blokes coming from PHOS to SHOC are guys that just finished school and played 17s at PHOS so wouldn't read too much into that. Still a few senior ex SHC guys at phos which will be an interesting encounter rd 3 at SHC main oval! I think the latter there Bandar, most blokes fit into shoc like a glove, pretty hard not to.
Cheers

I can't understand blokes who change clubs for the sake of it. If your crap at one club you'll be crap at the next. Glory days are gone. Schools give up clubs don't.
barbs
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby blublurag » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:50 pm

Let's not get too personal here. I know Tony, at least a long time ago I did. He is not a wanker, quite a nice guy who was very focussed on his footy. Nothing wrong with that!

He achieved a lot (AFL flag for one). And he never rubbed peoples noses in it. Good luck at PHOS Tony. Raggiesland would welcome you any day, Cheers, Browny (yes, that Browny, Jamie is bowling well).
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby whispy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:48 am

I can't understand blokes who change clubs for the sake of it. If your crap at one club you'll be crap at the next. Glory days are gone. Schools give up clubs don't.[/quote]

Don't know what your getting at here mate. "schools give up clubs don't" - what does that mean?
whispy
Mini-League

Postby Medium_Swede » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:10 pm

duncs7 wrote:screw the defamation laws, they dont apply 2 forums.

Yes, they do.
Rule No. 76: No excuses, play like a champion.
Medium_Swede
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League