SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Cop that!

Shit FC has been away for a couple days and **** me what an entrance.

Good to see you back Lisa x.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Not back, I just popped in.

My last post is probably a good argument as to why I probably need to stay away a little longer.

I don't need this shit right now.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Chin up mate. Glad you popped in.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 pm

carey wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Also nice to see that absolutely NO ONE here has heeded my prior warnings.

I've been a good boy!!!! :D

And me.

I guess we haven't been drunk for a few days PG lol :lol:

Me too FC, too much work makes Jack a dull boy. :D So time to get normal....... Rosie's will spank BOS, best team I've seen since my time in Div2 days. :D Lakes are average and will struggle to make the 5, West Croydon are front runners and don't work both ways, and Ingle Farm are full of posters. Am I banned yet? :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:37 pm

To be fair, Ingle Farm only have a couple of posters, mostly Milky Bar Kid.. And me they don't claim anyway, I just won't go away and leave them alone :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Given they've never been higher than div 5 and haven't climbed the grades it's very unlikely.

Why don't you go back and worry about the joke of a comp that you run and stop coming in here and trolling about how every SAAFL club is evil and pays thousands.

Pot calling the kettle black don't you think, although some kettles are a dirty copper colour...

Also nice to see that absolutely NO ONE here has heeded my prior warnings.

Is this targeted at me? :?

My point was that I found it amusing that somebody felt the need to talk up that they don't pay a cent and this somehow makes them more superior and more loyal.

Every SAAFL club is not evil, the SAAFL just seems to have an identity problem. You all seem to want to talk down how much you spend as if it is some dirty little secret. Player payments have been an accepted part of community football for at least half a century now. Face it, the SAAFL is a semi-professional competition and the players deserve to be paid what they are worth. What are they worth, well that would be what someone is willing to pay - basic economics.

"Payments" also don't necessarily need to be in cash, they can also come in other opportunities, which is the basis of how most of the Old Scholar bloc works along with University.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 pm

hillscrow wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:
Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.

BOS will win because they have a team playing for the guernsey and not the white envelope

So... from that I gather 100% of BOS have a strange devotion to their high school.

Or are they there to improve their employment prospects and hence there are other benefits? Still related to money.

Impressive that a team that has existed for less than 10 years and has no juniors has such a devoted following from what you are implying.

You would suggest not a great deal different to other Old Scholar clubs. Noted today that the majority of ROCS ins for this year have been ex scholars, Sacred Heart have a high percentage of old scholars too. I would suggest that SHOCs would be the same. Not sure what you're implying about having a strange devotion to their high school, maybe it's actually that thing called LOYALTY, something that today's generation has certainly lost! Proof is and will be in the pudding in the end. Won't be many years until the top divs are dominated by the Old Scholars clubs.

Especially as a result of the free kick they get from the points system
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Given they've never been higher than div 5 and haven't climbed the grades it's very unlikely.

Why don't you go back and worry about the joke of a comp that you run and stop coming in here and trolling about how every SAAFL club is evil and pays thousands.

Pot calling the kettle black don't you think, although some kettles are a dirty copper colour...

Also nice to see that absolutely NO ONE here has heeded my prior warnings.

Harsh but true.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Jetters » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.[/quote]

BOS will win because they have a team playing for the guernsey and not the white envelope[/quote]

So... from that I gather 100% of BOS have a strange devotion to their high school.

Or are they there to improve their employment prospects and hence there are other benefits? Still related to money.

Impressive that a team that has existed for less than 10 years and has no juniors has such a devoted following from what you are implying.[/quote]

You would suggest not a great deal different to other Old Scholar clubs. Noted today that the majority of ROCS ins for this year have been ex scholars, Sacred Heart have a high percentage of old scholars too. I would suggest that SHOCs would be the same. Not sure what you're implying about having a strange devotion to their high school, maybe it's actually that thing called LOYALTY, something that today's generation has certainly lost! Proof is and will be in the pudding in the end. Won't be many years until the top divs are dominated by the Old Scholars clubs.[/quote]

Bullsh!t, which old scholar clubs are going to suddenly jump up the grades?

Loyalty lost to this generation, also bullsh!t. The players are not paying themselves, its the club committees (previous generation) are who have created this market.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:31 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:When are BOS and Rosies due to play? Grand Final preview?

Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.

BOS will win because they have a team playing for the guernsey and not the white envelope

Impressive that a team that has existed for less than 10 years and has no juniors has such a devoted following from what you are implying.

The club name has the schools name in it but that's where the association starts and finishes, other than the oval they play on is leased by the school from the Adelaide City council. There is no 'old school tie' or 'boys club' at BOS. Just lads playing footy.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby mighty hounds » Thu May 01, 2014 7:26 am

wassprinttospace wrote:

The club name has the schools name in it but that's where the association starts and finishes, other than the oval they play on is leased by the school from the Adelaide City council. There is no 'old school tie' or 'boys club' at BOS. Just lads playing footy.

I reckon when I was there the A grade was probably 85% Old Scholars. What is the % these days Sprint? it would be close to 100% wouldn't it? I believe the only cash incentive at BOS is when you get best player in the A's. in saying that that was back in 2009, could of changed now.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

I reckon when I was there the A grade was probably 85% Old Scholars. What is the % these days Sprint? it would be close to 100% wouldn't it? I believe the only cash incentive at BOS is when you get best player in the A's. in saying that that was back in 2009, could of changed now.

Definitely not 100% I know of at least 2 non Old Scholars in BOS A Grade.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am

mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:When are BOS and Rosies due to play? Grand Final preview?

You better tread water on what you refer to. You might get this thread shut again.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Also nice to see that absolutely NO ONE here has heeded my prior warnings.

I've been a good boy!!!! :D

Me too, as Ive just warned Mighty Hounds to be careful what he says.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby wassprinttospace » Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

heater31 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

Definitely not 100% I know of at least 2 non Old Scholars in BOS A Grade.

5 of last weeks A grade are not old scholars. 2 are nephews of the former A grade / back to back premiership coach, 1 is a good mate of those 2, one other is a good mate of an old scholar who has played since the club started, and the 5th is a barman at the Welly - the clubs major sponsor. Not too many degrees of separation, but technically only 77% on Saturday went to Blacks.
From my quick look and knowledge 15 of the B grade on Saturday went to Blacks.

Not sure about best player awards any more mighty but suspect it hasn't changed much. There's not much disposable cash in the budget.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 01, 2014 10:23 am

mighty hounds wrote:I reckon when I was there the A grade was probably 85% Old Scholars. What is the % these days Sprint? it would be close to 100% wouldn't it?

wassprinttospace wrote:Playing list is currently still made up of probably 80% old scholars and their mates

Amazing what happens when you read the page before ;) :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 am

Morning Phantom
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby wassprinttospace » Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am

great to see BOS hitting the div 6 pages, even if it did cause a bit of a storm over night ....
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 01, 2014 11:13 am

wassprinttospace wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.

This is the problem with the Old Scholars Bloc and the point systems. These clubs contribute nothing to the development of junior footballers and don't field junior sides, yet get rewarded with a larger pool of potential 0 point players than a district club that has had to run junior programs in order to have a fraction of the 0 point players available to them. All because of some loose connection to a school, they get a free ride.

The Old Scholar Bloc still well and truly have control of the Ammos
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:29 am

wassprinttospace wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

This is the problem with the Old Scholars Bloc and the point systems. These clubs contribute nothing to the development of junior footballers and don't field junior sides, yet get rewarded with a larger pool of potential 0 point players than a district club that has had to run junior programs in order to have a fraction of the 0 point players available to them. All because of some loose connection to a school, they get a free ride.

The Old Scholar Bloc still well and truly have control of the Ammos

Where your argument falls down is that for the players who are straight out of First XVIII footy, they're 0 pointers anywhere.

A kid who has played all his footy at PAC and his juniors at Walkerville is a 0 pointers for PACOC, Walkerville, Smithfield, Barossa Central, Adelaide Crows whomever.

You allude to the problem to the kid who plays all his footy at PAC and Walkerville, then in 2014 plays 15 league games, then returns to community football. This provides a minuscule advantage to PAC.

I'd suggest you'd find that a vast majority of OC players would be zero pointers primarily on the basis of having their OC side being their first ever senior club.

I say this having nothing but hatred and ridicule for most OC sides.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League