16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

lutz wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:
lutz wrote:With TTG looking like staying down, I'd probably let Houghton stay up... They will have a new coach who I'd assume will bring a few players, and they're usually pretty good at recruiting anyway. I'm guessing they'd like another chance at D6?

Also I saw someone alluded to Wingy Royals having two sides. If they have two sides I wouldn't want them even mentioned in the same sentence as D7 for next season. D8 should be where they start if they manage to field a B grade. I don't think they even made finals in C4!

Lutz I mentioned Wingfield and Div 7 because as I understand it Div 8 is for C and D grade sides. So if they can get a second team together you think they should play in a div where all other teams can play 7 on the bench? Wouldnt that put more pressure on them? Div 7 is the lowest A grade competition so if they can get 2 teams together they should be in.

Just because you can play 7 on the bench doesn't mean you have to or should (but that's a separate issue). I think you may be correct that D8 is only for C and D grade sides, perhaps that should be amended. That may have been a condition to entice the C/D grade sides from the old C grade comp to join D8.
Wingfield, at this stage, would probably struggle more than Flinders Uni, who I also think should probably play in D8 until they can earn promotion to D7.
It would be unfair to put a developing club like Winfield into a comp where they would get smashed every week, where they would likely lose players and go back to where they started.

I agree with you Lutz but only if Broadview and/or SMOSH are interested in coming up from Div 8. I think that Div 8 should be able to have 'A' grade sides in it like a Flinders Uni who have been struggling for a while now and if they want to go down to Div 8 I think they should be allowed to, perhaps Div 8 could be the grade they can be competitive in. Therefore if Broadview and SMOSH choose to go up then I think Wingfield should be in Div 8 along with Flinder Uni.

Although this depends on if Wingfield are going to have two sides.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby marbles » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 pm

gepps cross battled to get 2 sides in div 8 yerr?? so wingfield could take their spot?

if a player isnt performing at the level, you drop him

flinders uni and smithfield won 1 game between them, so drop them

until they prove they can win matches, why compromise the comp bring in stronger sides

this helps the remaining div 8 teams too
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby lutz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I agree with you Lutz but only if Broadview and/or SMOSH are interested in coming up from Div 8. I think that Div 8 should be able to have 'A' grade sides in it like a Flinders Uni who have been struggling for a while now and if they want to go down to Div 8 I think they should be allowed to, perhaps Div 8 could be the grade they can be competitive in. Therefore if Broadview and SMOSH choose to go up then I think Wingfield should be in Div 8 along with Flinder Uni.

Agreed. I'd be surprised if Wingfield can field two sides next season, but credit to them if they can. As you (and others) have suggested, Broadview and SMOSH would fit nicely into D7 I would think (even PAOC).
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby blackRoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Hello Division 7 !!

you going on again next year?
blackRoo
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

blackRoo wrote:

I certainly am. Heard that you have a new title.........pres??
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby blackRoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
blackRoo wrote:

I certainly am. Heard that you have a new title.........pres??

could do, time for a bit of a change 8)
blackRoo
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Yank Man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:07 pm

zedman wrote:so AVFC actually need 10 new players then to be competitive..and thats a lot of points..imo HDFC should be given the option to stay up

You read things well Zed.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm

schimma wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I reckon Broadies would be keen, not sure about SMOSH though... obviously someone from SMOSH might be able to shed some light

yeah maybe someone from smosh could??

Probably still recovering from their abysmal effort on Grand Final.

Most likely seeking therapy at the moment
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 pm

lutz wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I agree with you Lutz but only if Broadview and/or SMOSH are interested in coming up from Div 8. I think that Div 8 should be able to have 'A' grade sides in it like a Flinders Uni who have been struggling for a while now and if they want to go down to Div 8 I think they should be allowed to, perhaps Div 8 could be the grade they can be competitive in. Therefore if Broadview and SMOSH choose to go up then I think Wingfield should be in Div 8 along with Flinder Uni.

Agreed. I'd be surprised if Wingfield can field two sides next season, but credit to them if they can. As you (and others) have suggested, Broadview and SMOSH would fit nicely into D7 I would think (even PAOC).

Agreed Lutz if they keep their playing squad together. SMOSH beat our C grade by more 20 goals both times they went up against both times in Div 8 this season. The guys who played against them that I spoke to said they had great structure and discipline for a C grade outfit and despite losing the Div 8 GF, were easily the best side in Div 8.

With Flinders Uni, going through the scores across the grades in Sunday Mail and seeing another heavy loss to the Crabs I wonder how the guys who play there feel about continually going out on to a footy ground on a Saturday arvo and getting absolutely belted game after game in the amateur leagues lowest 'A' grade division. Surely something needs to be done about it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Yank Man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
lutz wrote:

Agreed Lutz if they keep their playing squad together. SMOSH beat our C grade by more 20 goals both times they went up against both times in Div 8 this season. The guys who played against them that I spoke to said they had great structure and discipline for a C grade outfit and despite losing the Div 8 GF, were easily the best side in Div 8.

With Flinders Uni, going through the scores across the grades in Sunday Mail and seeing another heavy loss to the Crabs I wonder how the guys who play there feel about continually going out on to a footy ground on a Saturday arvo and getting absolutely belted game after game in the amateur leagues lowest 'A' grade division. Surely something needs to be done about it.

Dark Night I think you will find in time that Flinders Uni have some great recruits for 2013 and have been at it for 8 weeks or so now. Reckon they feel they can now compete in Divvy 7. Spoke to their coach in round 18 and they are more than positive with what they will have. Not to mention that they came in to our club after the game and we shouted a few jugs and the 'coach' tried to recruit a few for 2013 but they all seemed happy to stay where they are and drank the beer and left. Amicably. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby old farmer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

zedman wrote:so AVFC actually need 10 new players then to be competitive..and thats a lot of points..imo HDFC should be given the option to stay up

Still think 1 up, 1 down would mean Houghton Down. No option is being used by IF, just good enough to finish above Houghton. Why should Houghton be rewarded for finishing botom. It is TTG decision to stay down if thats what they choose, 1 up, 1 down
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Jugs » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 pm

old farmer wrote:

Still think 1 up, 1 down would mean Houghton Down. No option is being used by IF, just good enough to finish above Houghton. Why should Houghton be rewarded for finishing botom. It is TTG decision to stay down if thats what they choose, 1 up, 1 down

And why should you be rewarded for finishing in the relegation zone 3 years in a row?
Jugs
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby Yank Man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Jugs wrote:
old farmer wrote:

And why should you be rewarded for finishing in the relegation zone 3 years in a row?

Promotion and relegation means 2 up and 2 down. Oh except when you get to Div 6 or 7 or 8 or...............C'mon SAAFL get this right for once. Ingle Farm, Houghton Districts DOWN, Mitchell Park, TTG UP. Too bad if you are a C grade team, you played in a grand final and lost by 28 points and what? you can stay down. Shoc used the old ohhhh we don't have the quality this year that we had last year so we will exercise our option. TTG can do the same in 2013. Give it a break, it wouldn't happen in Div 1,2,3,4,5, so why should it happen in lower grades. Time to show some balls.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Am I right if a club is promoted in any grade they can have the option to stay down if they wish to do so?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 am

Its time to divide c-grade sides from a-grade completely
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 am

marbles wrote:gepps cross battled to get 2 sides in div 8 yerr?? so wingfield could take their spot?

if a player isnt performing at the level, you drop him

flinders uni and smithfield won 1 game between them, so drop them

until they prove they can win matches, why compromise the comp bring in stronger sides

this helps the remaining div 8 teams too

Eh, Smithfield won 4 and were very competitive in many more, including the games against you guys, your ump helped you guys over the line at your ground, I let that go for long enough. Just getting sick of reading your utter garbage.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Am I right if a club is promoted in any grade they can have the option to stay down if they wish to do so?

For one season only.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby morell » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 am

Yank Man wrote:
Jugs wrote:
old farmer wrote:

Promotion and relegation means 2 up and 2 down. Oh except when you get to Div 6 or 7 or 8 or...............C'mon SAAFL get this right for once. Ingle Farm, Houghton Districts DOWN, Mitchell Park, TTG UP. Too bad if you are a C grade team, you played in a grand final and lost by 28 points and what? you can stay down. Shoc used the old ohhhh we don't have the quality this year that we had last year so we will exercise our option. TTG can do the same in 2013. Give it a break, it wouldn't happen in Div 1,2,3,4,5, so why should it happen in lower grades. Time to show some balls.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby old farmer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 am

Jugs wrote:
old farmer wrote:

Because SAAFL have a stupid rule which allows C grade teams to stay down. That means only the bottom team goes down. IF are not exercising any right to stay up, the C grade side is exercising their right to stay down, nothing to do with us. Anyway, leave the clearly bottom team up and demote the second bottom team that would just prove what a joke div 6/7/8 are. Time to sort it out...2 up, 2 down. No arguments
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby old farmer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am

Promotion and relegation means 2 up and 2 down. Oh except when you get to Div 6 or 7 or 8 or...............C'mon SAAFL get this right for once. Ingle Farm, Houghton Districts DOWN, Mitchell Park, TTG UP. Too bad if you are a C grade team, you played in a grand final and lost by 28 points and what? you can stay down. Shoc used the old ohhhh we don't have the quality this year that we had last year so we will exercise our option. TTG can do the same in 2013. Give it a break, it wouldn't happen in Div 1,2,3,4,5, so why should it happen in lower grades. Time to show some balls.[/quote]Image[/quote]

C'mon IF V MP has something about it that i find really exciting. :supz:
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League