SAAFL movements?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby holden78 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:58 pm

Yes it was Dennis hes playing with south a big blow for henley a bonus for south seconds
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 pm

It will be a loss for them , but I'd still expect them to finish minor premiers. No disrespect to Iljecsen, but with Ugrinic and co down there now, plus most of the depth they've retained from last year, I would think they'd finish minor premier comfortably, maybe with Gaza or Rostrevor OC trying to keep up.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby super » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:46 pm

Sorry Bulldog15, should have been clearer with my comments. I meant why would these blokes want to drop back 3 divisions after playing div1 in 2005. I have seen these blokes play and you are right, absolute guns. It just puzzles me why you wouldn't want to play the highest level you can, while you can, but maybe im naive. And no im not THAT super. I know who you are talking about. Not just a bad umpire but an out and out cheat! Prize tosser!!!
super
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Tiger Couple » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:24 pm

Holden 78 yeah Illjcsen looks like a great pick up for South seconds. Thats why he has been in the best for the league side in the first two trials and kicked multiple goals in both
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby petoe » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:05 pm

True PUNTER, but the true story will be told when Ben Warren returns, because he is playing in his posistion at the mo. If they cant work well together when ben plays, i know who unfortuatly will get dropped to the seconds.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Riddler » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:37 am

cj_blacks wrote:i hear st pauls have been talkin up their pick ups any news?

Wouldn't you like to know mate! Guess you'll have to wait til Round 9 :wink:
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby cj_blacks » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:48 pm

not too worried mate. im sure we'd have a fair idea before then anyway
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby Bradman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:50 am

Riddler,stop playing games
They have the best recruit in trav
Bradman
Reserves

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby cj_blacks » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:56 am

ha ha
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby aleague » Mon May 01, 2006 11:47 pm

WELL BM I DONT HEAR YOU SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT TONY FRANCIS NOW. THE FACT IS PHOS HAVE NOT LOST ANY PLAYERS FROM LAST YEAR AND HAVE ADDED SOME GOOD QUALITY PLAYERS WITHOUT PAYING OUT THE EXHORBITANT FIGURES YOUR CLUB DID WHICH NEARLY SENT YOU BROKE AND PUT YOUR CLUB BACK 5 YEARS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO SOME MORE HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU SLAG OFF AT COACHES. WHAT ARE YOU A FRUSTRATED WANNABE COACH. GO PHOS
aleague
Mini-League

Postby Vits19 » Tue May 02, 2006 9:46 am

A League, I suggest you check your facts before shooting off from the hip. Any evidence to back up the statement "Put your club back 5 years"??? Obviously you have not set foot in Ram Park in recent times.

No excuses from Gepps on Sat, outplayed by a better team on the day. Look forward to the re-match in 10 weeks time, hopefully we can break our PHOS hoodoo.
Vits19
Mini-League

Postby BM » Tue May 02, 2006 10:32 am

A league. Nothing to do now the soccer is over you tosser. I have known Francis for a while and he is a wanker. That is just not my opinion but that of quite a few people that have crossed paths with him.No homework needed mate once a wanker always a wanker. As Vits said we were outplayed on the day but we are not about to slit our wrists and look forward to playing you on an oval that is better suited to A grade than the under 6's. Have you been to Gepps? I think not with the drivel that you have posted. How has Gepps been put back 5 years? In 10 weeks come to Gepps and have a look at a club where more than 10 people can fit in the club at once and it takes more than 2 kicks to get from one end to the other. It is a long year lets see how smart you are come Sept.NFI!!! I am sure those guys Paech is sending to you guys from West are playing for the love of the phantoms.
BM
Rookie

Postby bandar » Tue May 02, 2006 10:48 am

Just to set the record straight I'm not quite sure what Aleague is on about either. But the only player we had from West on Saturday was a lad that had played juniors at PHOSC. And your opinion on Tony is your opinion I'm sure no one at the club holds a similar one. I don't beleive PHOSC can really get a line through the game after your shortened recovery time and it looks like 2 different styles of football.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby BM » Tue May 02, 2006 12:48 pm

Spot on Bandar. My opinion of Francis goes back a way and is only MY opinion (and a couple of Kilburn guys) and I am sure the PHOSFC are right behind him. I noticed that PHOS like to get a lot of players behind the ball, force a turnover or was the case on Sat wait for the opposition to butcher possession and stream forward. It certainly worked for 3 qtrs on Sat and you guys totally outplayed us. I was impressed with your backline No 22 ? played well and No 5? around the ground and up forward was dangerous as was the nuggetty balding guy on ball.Having said that our forward line pressure on your bline especially from our FF was non existent so that will need to be addressed. I have lost count how many consecutive victories it is for you guys over us but I am sure? that we will turn it around at Gepps in 9 weeks.
BM
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Tue May 02, 2006 1:46 pm

I wouldn't refer to Smith as nuggetty and he plays for you guys!
Barbara
Rookie

Postby bandar » Tue May 02, 2006 2:02 pm

BM I am actually no good with numbers but 22 is Caldwell it was his 100th game number 5 is normally a bloke whos not playing with a fracture in his neck so not sure who wore it. Nuggety & Bald can only be Rossy. Smith was good again for you blokes but that is to be expected. There were a couple of young blokes that look alright for you guys one forward one back. Virgn played pretty well Tuesday but didn't seem to get as much of it on Saturday.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby bandar » Tue May 02, 2006 2:05 pm

Forgot to say but i think the losing streak goes back to when we both went up to div 2 in 1990. Of course there are alot of years in between we were in different grades.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby BM » Wed May 03, 2006 10:43 am

Barabara what are you on about. I was referring to the balding NUGGETY guy for PHOS.Yes Bandar we have a couple of young guys that have bright futures for us. Our u17's were undefeated premiers last year and a few of those boys have slotted in to the A's quite nicely.The young bloke up forward cant make the Norwood U19's team which I can not fathom but we are more than happy to have him playing for us. You know you are getting old when the kids of the guys you played a lot of footy with are now playing A grade.
BM
Rookie

Postby Barbara » Thu May 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Relax BM. It was just an excuse to bring up the fact that Smithy is getting older and he won't be tormenting sides for too many more years to come.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby The Riddler » Thu May 04, 2006 4:30 pm

Barbara wrote:Relax BM. It was just an excuse to bring up the fact that Smithy is getting older and he won't be tormenting sides for too many more years to come.

Are you serious Barbara? Smithy is only 27 or 28 :?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League