Salisbury North
14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby lutz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

bickle wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:What if Shit bloke was paid his sign on fee and now wants to leave. Does that make them unreasonable for wanting their money back?

if he signed up in november / december he woudnt even be that clubs player. the previous club would still be his club cause clearences just started.
seems to me to be a small claims application coming up.
have seen this "he signed a contract in November blah, blah blah" a few times this year. people, it means nothing, you gotta get cleared first.
going through one now.
dont know if this is the case with this one but seeing a lot of this lately. and i'm no lawyer just my opinion.

Just to clear things up, he hasn't necessarily been shopping himself around. It is a transfer within the SAAFL and he had played at PDFC in 2012 and 2013. Some things had changed for him in the couple weeks after he signed and had indicated he did not wish to stay at PDFC in late December. Like Piccachu has said, no money has changed hands yet... I believe Districts want 25% of his match payments and what their sponsorship is worth (which I would have thought you could transfer to another recruit).

I don't necessarily agree with guys breaking their commitments, but in this situation I believe notice was given before the new year. I don't see the point in being unreasonable in your dealings. Perhaps some compensation is required but I don't think $2000 is appropriate.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Cash 123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

lutz wrote:
bickle wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:What if Shit bloke was paid his sign on fee and now wants to leave. Does that make them unreasonable for wanting their money back?

if he signed up in november / december he woudnt even be that clubs player. the previous club would still be his club cause clearences just started.
seems to me to be a small claims application coming up.
have seen this "he signed a contract in November blah, blah blah" a few times this year. people, it means nothing, you gotta get cleared first.
going through one now.
dont know if this is the case with this one but seeing a lot of this lately. and i'm no lawyer just my opinion.

Just to clear things up, he hasn't necessarily been shopping himself around. It is a transfer within the SAAFL and he had played at PDFC in 2012 and 2013. Some things had changed for him in the couple weeks after he signed and had indicated he did not wish to stay at PDFC in late December. Like Piccachu has said, no money has changed hands yet... I believe Districts want 25% of his match payments and what their sponsorship is worth (which I would have thought you could transfer to another recruit).

I don't necessarily agree with guys breaking their commitments, but in this situation I believe notice was given before the new year. I don't see the point in being unreasonable in your dealings. Perhaps some compensation is required but I don't think $2000 is appropriate.

Yeh i agree Lutz I think $4000 would be more appropriate
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby piccachu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

[quot]
Yeh i agree Lutz I think $4000 would be more appropriate[/quote]

Cach, had you signed your contract before you started shoping yourself around this year?
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Cash 123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm

piccachu wrote:[quot]
Yeh i agree Lutz I think $4000 would be more appropriate

Cach, had you signed your contract before you started shoping yourself around this year?[/quote]

no club could afford the transfer fee so it was no point
Cash 123
Under 18s

Postby bird of prey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:57 pm

My understanding is that if the clearance is lodged with the Saafl, then it is as binding as it will get.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby piccachu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:32 pm

My understanding is that if the clearance is lodged with the Saafl, then it is as binding as it will get.

My understanding is there is 2 contracts, a community and a saafl one, i was under the impression the SAAFL one can be broken aslong as you have paid up your subs, can anyone confirm or clear this up
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm

There is only one contract that is recognised and that is the SACFL one. This should be used by all affiliated leagues and clubs. However a contract isn't binding until the player is cleared to the club that he has a contract with
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 pm

lutz wrote:Port District asking for $2000 to clear player to another club after the player in question signed a contract in late Novembver/early December last year. To me this sounds like a highly unreasonable request.

It's like the people running things down there want people to think their club is full of sh!t blokes.

As per the SACFL Regulations:

18. Transfer Fees
18.1 An Affiliated League Club must not request or receive a transfer fee as consideration for the transfer of a player who desires a transfer from an Affiliated League Club to another Affiliated League Club regardless of whether or not those Clubs are within the same Affiliated League or in different Affiliated Leagues.
18.2 An allegation of a breach of this Regulation 18 must be referred to the Investigation Committee for investigation and determination.
18.3 An Affiliated League Club which commits a breach of this Regulation 18 is liable to a fine not exceeding $5,000.00 or such other amount as the Board may determine.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:38 am

Does Adelaide Uni have good lights to play night football?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 am

I think I saw somewhere that they are getting new lights installed right now. Dunno if they are good enough for night matches.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:04 am

Fair chance they could be if it will help them solve the problem of parking if their game clashes with an AFL game.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 am

only reason to ask was that they have a anzac day game scheduled for 7pm
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 am

Bluedemon wrote:only reason to ask was that they have a anzac day game scheduled for 7pm

Well there you go - they can't do it at the traditional time as the SANFL game will be played (as well as parades and services etc..)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby finn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Does Adelaide Uni have good lights to play night football?

The lights are new and part of the reason to get them was to play night games so, yes, they'll be good enough.
The ANZAC Day clash against Goodwood should be a belter with it being a triple header with C1 at 3pm, then the B grade then th Agrade at approximately 7pm.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Gaza in talks with an AFL premiership player. Pending employment this will be the signing of the year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby footys the winner » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:50 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Gaza in talks with an AFL premiership player. Pending employment this will be the signing of the year.

bigger then shane tuck?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 pm

footys the winner wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Gaza in talks with an AFL premiership player. Pending employment this will be the signing of the year.

bigger then shane tuck?

Shane Tuck didnt play in a winning final let alone play in a Premiership and several successful prelim finals matches and short listed for All-Australian honours. If it happens it will get a fair bit of media.

To answer the question much bigger.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:17 am

wristwatcher wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

bigger then shane tuck?

Shane Tuck didnt play in a winning final let alone play in a Premiership and several successful prelim finals matches and short listed for All-Australian honours. If it happens it will get a fair bit of media.

Neon Leon davis .
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Panther32 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:22 am

Demon Juke wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

bigger then shane tuck?

Neon Leon davis .

Think I would prefer Shane Tuck!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby footys the winner » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 am

Demon Juke wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

bigger then shane tuck?

Neon Leon davis .

Neon was all australian
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League