SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Has anyone had a crack at the ladder predictor on sporting pulse yet?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Has anyone had a crack at the ladder predictor on sporting pulse yet?

i just did an auto pick for each round remaining and it came out like this. it also had Rosewater 224 to BOS 142 this weekend ...

ladder.JPG
ladder.JPG (25.39 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Bought right. Although I think BOS might get over IF at home.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:22 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Has anyone had a crack at the ladder predictor on sporting pulse yet?

i just did an auto pick for each round remaining and it came out like this. it also had Rosewater 224 to BOS 142 this weekend ...

ladder.JPG

Should be good to watch then
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

ladder.JPG

not too many time you lose kicking 142, and certainly not losing by 82 points ..... the auto picker comes up with some crazy scores
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby shobtop1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Going to be very tight for the 5th spot! Looks like it will come down to Lockleys playing West Croydon at home...Demons win that and they'll finish on 20 pts most likely..lose and Fitzroy would have to implode to not make finals.
shobtop1
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:27 pm

morell wrote:Bought right. Although I think BOS might get over IF at home.

Maybe, Farmers are going great guns and apperar to be less hit with injuries than others. Kennedy is the key to Lockleys, great player and hasn't played for 3 weeks. he comes back in and Lockleys finish in the 5 for mine. Nothing else will change. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 pm

gawd... the discussion in here is like mensa meeting compared to other threads at the minute.

Makes a nice change ;-)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 am

I could change that...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks to TOS for being involved in our past players day last Saturday.
A great day for us, considering you beat us on the same day last year.
A tough day in the office but your second half was a lot better - best of luck for the rest of the year and hopefully you can find those wins you need.

Eagles looking pretty good, at the minute.
There seems to be no taking anything for granted among the players and Payney has them purring, and possibly a lot further ahead than expected at this stage of his time with the club.
I've never heard a Elizabeth side as loud as this one, either. The boys are very vocal and good at getting each other going.
There's a good feeling.

Also, I've never seen three such young sides for the club. Great to see. Bodes well for the future and there's a real strong connection between all of the young fellas.

The B grade are sitting well but I reckon they can play a lot better. Just doing what they've got to do at the moment.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:29 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Thanks to TOS for being involved in our past players day last Saturday.
A great day for us, considering you beat us on the same day last year.
A tough day in the office but your second half was a lot better - best of luck for the rest of the year and hopefully you can find those wins you need.

Eagles looking pretty good, at the minute.
There seems to be no taking anything for granted among the players and Payney has them purring, and possibly a lot further ahead than expected at this stage of his time with the club.
I've never heard a Elizabeth side as loud as this one, either. The boys are very vocal and good at getting each other going.
There's a good feeling.

Also, I've never seen three such young sides for the club. Great to see. Bodes well for the future and there's a real strong connection between all of the young fellas.

The B grade are sitting well but I reckon they can play a lot better. Just doing what they've got to do at the moment.

the div 5 thread is like a morgue as it is..why is this in the div 6 thread? :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:40 am

Said I could make it look less of a Mensa meeting.

Now, by quoting me, you've prevented me from editing my post and saying, "nothing to see here".
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 am

Do I need to make this go away?

Nice job Deedubbya ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 am

Can we keep it please? Its kinda nice.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Gefugged.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

ladder.JPG

Is it at Etihad?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7946 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:07 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:

ladder.JPG

Angle Vale to win a game? That'll be a miracle.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

ladder.JPG

Is it at Etihad?

No but we will put some tarps up over Eric Sutton Oval so it will be just like it
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:36 am

Couple of very interesting and important clashes this weekend, hopefully the weather is good and the sides can play to their potential.

Rosewater v Blackfriars - Arguably the match of the round, winner goes one step closer to securing the double chance and home final, loser drops back a game. Rosewater have had a soft few weeks playing the bottom sides, where as BOS have played a couple of finals aspirants (Lockleys & Fitzroy) which perhaps may have them a little more battle hardened and playing at an increased intensity for this clash. Two quality sides who use the ball very well and have strong forward options, whoever can gain more of the contested ball and clearances will obviously go a long way to winning. Schar will be the key here, should give first use to the Rosewater midfield.

Fitzroy v Central United - Another very important match for both parties. Central United will be rueing the one that got away last week which has made their fight for the 5 all that much tougher. I win here will see them peg back onto level terms with Fitzroy, and remain within striking distance of Lockleys, keeping the slim glimmer of hope alive. Fitzroy on the hand are in a prime position to make a strike for the 5, sitting one game behind Lockleys but with a healthier percentage, if they can stay in touch with Lockleys it may well come down to Round 18 - or percentage on who finishes in the 5. Liked the look of the Units forward line, Bain and Grogan compliment each other well, they may be tough to contain.

West Croydon v Mawson Lakes (D6R) - An opportunity for the Hawks to create some much needed breathing space on Lakes in the 5, and keep their chances alive for a second chance tilt. Have quietly gone about their business, and seem to have become the forgotten side in the 5 which is dangerous given they showed what they are capable of defeating Rosewater earlier in the season. Mawson Lakes on the other hand will be desperate to keep the gap on 6th place Central United and all but assure themselves a finals berth with a win. Narrowly defeated West Croydon earlier in the season and gave Ingle Farm a scare the following week they are a capable unit. A win will also see them pull even with West Croydon on points and perhaps a chance to sneak ahead by seasons end.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:48 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Couple of very interesting and important clashes this weekend, hopefully the weather is good and the sides can play to their potential.

Rosewater v Blackfriars - Arguably the match of the round, winner goes one step closer to securing the double chance and home final, loser drops back a game. Rosewater have had a soft few weeks playing the bottom sides, where as BOS have played a couple of finals aspirants (Lockleys & Fitzroy) which perhaps may have them a little more battle hardened and playing at an increased intensity for this clash. Two quality sides who use the ball very well and have strong forward options, whoever can gain more of the contested ball and clearances will obviously go a long way to winning. Schar will be the key here, should give first use to the Rosewater midfield.

Fitzroy v Central United - Another very important match for both parties. Central United will be rueing the one that got away last week which has made their fight for the 5 all that much tougher. I win here will see them peg back onto level terms with Fitzroy, and remain within striking distance of Lockleys, keeping the slim glimmer of hope alive. Fitzroy on the hand are in a prime position to make a strike for the 5, sitting one game behind Lockleys but with a healthier percentage, if they can stay in touch with Lockleys it may well come down to Round 18 - or percentage on who finishes in the 5. Liked the look of the Units forward line, Bain and Grogan compliment each other well, they may be tough to contain.

West Croydon v Mawson Lakes (D6R) - An opportunity for the Hawks to create some much needed breathing space on Lakes in the 5, and keep their chances alive for a second chance tilt. Have quietly gone about their business, and seem to have become the forgotten side in the 5 which is dangerous given they showed what they are capable of defeating Rosewater earlier in the season. Mawson Lakes on the other hand will be desperate to keep the gap on 6th place Central United and all but assure themselves a finals berth with a win. Narrowly defeated West Croydon earlier in the season and gave Ingle Farm a scare the following week they are a capable unit. A win will also see them pull even with West Croydon on points and perhaps a chance to sneak ahead by seasons end.

A B grade review! Good work PG
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League