32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Ditchy wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Ditchy wrote:Which idiot scheduled 2 western suburbs clubs to play at Edwardstown.
Crap D7 game at Alberton. Game should be at Alberton. Kilburn heeps better than Edwardstown
C9 AFL becoming like a Chinese restaurant where you can order your own oval for the big dance

I'm sure 8 other teams would be happy to go to Edwardstown. ;)

Yep. Your right but you must admit some idiot has dreamt up this venue or pulled a name of a hat.
Maybe chucked a dart against the wall to come up with Edwardstown to play the granny
Probably 10 better venues and they dreamt up Edwardstown. FFS

Ran out of grounds with fences maybe.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Kilburn is empty with a fence. Although the cop out reasoning is there is no nearby cop shop in case there's trouble.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Think I like Ditchy
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Arch44 wrote:Kilburn is empty with a fence. Although the cop out reasoning is there is no nearby cop shop in case there's trouble.

Load of crap to be rolling out the in case there is trouble line, game being played down there is a joke and should be at Kilburn if it is free. For the league to have a pre conceived idea of two clubs and expect trouble is a let down.
What is the reason they cant use Kilburn? And instead of giving 2 or 3 word sarcastic answers how about people who know why, let others know why and just speak the truth
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:33 pm

You lot are barmy , I tell ya.

For years you all bitched about Kilburn always getting finals and Grand Finals so that they can fund their chequebook recruiting.

Given that the club has kept the league on it's toes as to whether they'll even get teams up over the last couple of years, why would they reward them a final?

You can only use whats available, remembering it has to be fenced and manned by volunteers of that club

ROCS - still being used
Could't get Prospect or Richmond
Cant use Norwood cos they're sponsored by Coopers
Could've possibly used Salisbury I guess, I'm not sure what their relationship is with the league though after they got stung by the liquor licencing mob though
Mitcham was available but then everyone would bitch because it's a mudpit
Not sure what the deal is with Payneham, maybe they couldn't man it cos they're in finals.
Hope Valley, shit record this year on field, and thus we will not be rewarded with a final.

Adelaide Oval was also booked and the MCG is too far away ;)

Whilst you call it a cop out , Id say the league is trying to avoid anymore potential news headlines. Each grade has a club playing that is on or has been on a AAA in the past. I don't think anyone will forget the 2 bloodbath grand finals over the last 10 years. I know I wont. It's all about risk management.

At the end of the day, the players probably don't give a rats where they play because they're thankful just to be there. The hard core followers will feel the same - the trouble makers will think it's too hard and not bother, with any luck.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:You lot are barmy , I tell ya.

For years you all bitched about Kilburn always getting finals and Grand Finals so that they can fund their chequebook recruiting.

Given that the club has kept the league on it's toes as to whether they'll even get teams up over the last couple of years, why would they reward them a final?

You can only use whats available, remembering it has to be fenced and manned by volunteers of that club

ROCS - still being used
Could've possibly used Salisbury I guess, I'm not sure what their relationship is with the league though after they got stung by the liquor licencing mob though
Not sure what the deal is with Payneham, maybe they couldn't man it cos they're in finals.
Hope Valley, shit record this year on field, and thus we will not be rewarded with a final.

Pretty sure the SANFL teams slated to play a final on Richmond this weekend will gladly swap you for Alberton........Richmond is absolute slop at the minute :oops: ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Footy Chick wrote:You lot are barmy , I tell ya.

ROCS - still being used

Whilst you call it a cop out Id say the league is trying to avoid anymore potential news headlines. Each grade has a club playing that is on or has been on a AAA in the past. I don't think anyone will forget the 2 bloodbath grand finals over the last 10 years. I know I wont. It's all about risk management.

At the end of the day, the players probably don't give a rats where they play because they're thankful just to be there. The hard core followers will feel the same - the trouble makers will think it's too hard and not bother, with any luck.

My bad, at least we got answers now, always thought it was a site rule that your couldn't out posters usernames or has that changed lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Oops :oops: but lets face it,, I don't think anyone here doesn't know who you are :roll:

Hell, If i banned eveyrone that called me Lisa in a post, there'd be no one left :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Its funny how people are kicking off over driving 20-25 minutes tops to a GF venue.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:30 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Its funny how people are kicking off over driving 20-25 minutes tops to a GF venue.

Especially when the alternative could have been 5 mins away from both clubs.
So west Croydon and woodville sth both have been on aaa before? Pretty sure they haven't been and if so the league should be backing the clubs to try and clean up the discrepancies instead worrying about their precious image and lining Grand finals up next door to police stations if that's the real reason.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Seriously mate I'm not being a smartarse, it's another 15 minutes out of the way. We played a GF 3 years ago at a ground that was 30-35 minutes away and drove past 2 common venues that's 10 minutes up the road, not a single person at the club gave a rats arse. The league aren't playing it at venues close to there for what ever reason they chose and it's not the end of the world. People in country footy competitions would be pissing themselves laughing at the complaints.
Play it at Edwardstown and you'll get free entry by the end of the day with the cheaper food and grog prices compared to Alberton, I'd bet it's better food too.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:53 pm

Arch44 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Its funny how people are kicking off over driving 20-25 minutes tops to a GF venue.

Especially when the alternative could have been 5 mins away from both clubs.
So west Croydon and woodville sth both have been on aaa before? Pretty sure they haven't been and if so the league should be backing the clubs to try and clean up the discrepancies instead worrying about their precious image and lining Grand finals up next door to police stations if that's the real reason.

Arch, youre completely missing the point. Its all about available ovals. Now youre just whinging for whinging sake. Its not even your club ffs. Give it a rest. Its old.

it is what it is and it isnt going to change. Deal with it :? This game has been put at the only oval left made available because it has the least risk..

Footy Chick

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 am

Whinging for the sake of it? I have a point and it's a good discussion.
For the record if it's a risk issue there's cop shop 5 mins from Alberton in the port and Alberton would have been packed all the way around, guarantee it won't be hosting Princes Cgrade and Salisbury west. You get very defensive when amateur league get it wrong.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby panthers » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:44 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seriously mate I'm not being a smartarse, it's another 15 minutes out of the way. We played a GF 3 years ago at a ground that was 30-35 minutes away and drove past 2 common venues that's 10 minutes up the road, not a single person at the club gave a rats arse. The league aren't playing it at venues close to there for what ever reason they chose and it's not the end of the world. People in country footy competitions would be pissing themselves laughing at the complaints.
Play it at Edwardstown and you'll get free entry by the end of the day with the cheaper food and grog prices compared to Alberton, I'd bet it's better food too.

Example of country travel. Hay in GRFL travel to Quambatook Saturday for prelim final U14 , 9.00am and U17.5 at 10am. No senior involvement. Distance 249.3 k and time of travel 2h 49m, and thats just to get there let alone home after the games.
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:00 am

Arch44 wrote:Whinging for the sake of it? I have a point and it's a good discussion.
For the record if it's a risk issue there's cop shop 5 mins from Alberton in the port and Alberton would have been packed all the way around, guarantee it won't be hosting Princes Cgrade and Salisbury west. You get very defensive when amateur league get it wrong.

Packed around the ground for a div 6 GF with standing room only? How many would you expect for a crowd of it was at Alberton?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:04 am

panthers wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seriously mate I'm not being a smartarse, it's another 15 minutes out of the way. We played a GF 3 years ago at a ground that was 30-35 minutes away and drove past 2 common venues that's 10 minutes up the road, not a single person at the club gave a rats arse. The league aren't playing it at venues close to there for what ever reason they chose and it's not the end of the world. People in country footy competitions would be pissing themselves laughing at the complaints.

Example of country travel. Hay in GRFL travel to Quambatook Saturday for prelim final U14 , 9.00am and U17.5 at 10am. No senior involvement. Distance 249.3 k and time of travel 2h 49m, and thats just to get there let alone home after the games.

There is heaps of examples. I honestly can't fathom the kick up. It's literally 7 more minutes to go from Woody South to Edwardstown.

Are any of the clubs playing on any form of good behaviour watchlist from the league?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Whinging for the sake of it? I have a point and it's a good discussion.

Packed around the ground for a div 6 GF with standing room only? How many would you expect for a crowd of it was at Alberton?

Comfortably more than having it at edwardstown
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:41 am

Probably right. But how many are you saying would go to Alberton for it to be packed around the entire ground? You would need 8-9k plus for that. You would be very lucky to get 20% of that
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Probably right. But how many are you saying would go to Alberton for it to be packed around the entire ground? You would need 8-9k plus for that. You would be very lucky to get 20% of that

I've been involved in GF's at Edwardstown, nice venue but parking can be a bummer, at PNU, again good spot but parking a bit hard, Alberton is a cracker but without doubt St Mary's Park is the best by a mile. Great atmosphere good tucker and parking around the ground gives it that country feel, but Edwardstown it is and you can't hear West Croydon and Woody Sth complaining. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:30 am

Without knowing the ins and outs of every venue, I can speculate that Salisbury probably wasn't considered as a venue due to being on an AAA this year. I would think the liquor licensing stuff from a few years back is not a reason. It was only due to a lack of toilets on the other side of the ground for the amount of patrons inside the place (got warned we had to hire port-a-loos for the next one).

A note for you clubs hosting this week, the LL blokes will be out in force with only four GFs on methinks.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League