Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 am

Yank Man wrote:
BPwizard wrote:Well you be lucky to get any from the owls as we will not clear any player who has not payed there subs, until all commitments are payed in full.

I know of three players leaving smithfield and they are quality players.

But i dont care we are div 6 and smithfield are div 7 (? maybe) we have worked our way up and know we get to play all other clubs that are A and B grade no C or D grade for us anymore.

Don't take things personally BPwizard, the Div 7 forum is full of excitement and innuendo. You have done a fantastic job at the Owls over the last 2 years and deserve a crack at Div 6. Half your boys left Smithfield for a reason and frankly, I have found most of them to be your strength. I guess they were looking for a more disciplined enjoyable environment. :lol:

They left Smithfield before BPwizard got there, they left Smithfield because Paul Oldacre was appointed coach over Steve dejager who was the B Grade coach at Smithfield at the time. Steve took on the newly formed Angle Vale A Grade coaching role.
Paul Oldacre was a strong disciplinarian which a lot of the players didn't like, Steve was more of a mate-like coach which was why the players followed him out to Angle Vale.
You made a nice story though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby bickle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
BPwizard wrote:Well you be lucky to get any from the owls as we will not clear any player who has not payed there subs, until all commitments are payed in full.

I know of three players leaving smithfield and they are quality players.

But i dont care we are div 6 and smithfield are div 7 (? maybe) we have worked our way up and know we get to play all other clubs that are A and B grade no C or D grade for us anymore.

Don't take things personally BPwizard, the Div 7 forum is full of excitement and innuendo. You have done a fantastic job at the Owls over the last 2 years and deserve a crack at Div 6. Half your boys left Smithfield for a reason and frankly, I have found most of them to be your strength. I guess they were looking for a more disciplined enjoyable environment. :lol:

They left Smithfield before BPwizard got there, they left Smithfield because Paul Oldacre was appointed coach over Steve dejager who was the B Grade coach at Smithfield at the time. Steve took on the newly formed Angle Vale A Grade coaching role.
Paul Oldacre was a strong disciplinarian which a lot of the players didn't like, Steve was more of a mate-like coach which was why the players followed him out to Angle Vale.
You made a nice story though.

LM whatever happened to Oldie?
played with him when cambelltown magill was running, nice bloke.
he was a fitness freak so i guess that would have scared a few of the boys away as well :D
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby johnny bravo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 am

BPwizard wrote:The club has worked hard and players have worked hard to rise out of div 7 and as a club we know it is gunna be a big effort to move forward in div 6 but in general speaking with the club there is a 2 year mark to hopefully play finals but first not to go back to div 7 after the first year is a goal.

Angle Vale need to add about 8-10 genuine A Grade Footballers to their current team to be even competitive in Div 6 next season!
johnny bravo

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:54 pm

bickle wrote:

LM whatever happened to Oldie?
played with him when cambelltown magill was running, nice bloke.
he was a fitness freak so i guess that would have scared a few of the boys away as well :D

He coached Salisbury North 18's after Smithfield, I'm not sure of his movements after that, yes, he was a fair fitness freak, he always joined in with all the running which I admired from a coach.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:27 pm

johnny bravo wrote:
BPwizard wrote:The club has worked hard and players have worked hard to rise out of div 7 and as a club we know it is gunna be a big effort to move forward in div 6 but in general speaking with the club there is a 2 year mark to hopefully play finals but first not to go back to div 7 after the first year is a goal.

Angle Vale need to add about 8-10 genuine A Grade Footballers to their current team to be even competitive in Div 6 next season!

well if smithies are denied affiliation, well bazinga!!!! the boys could play with the owls yerr

And we'd be doubly closer to c-grade super league, with 1 less agrade team to deal with - bazinga infinity!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby moses » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:29 pm

LM do you know if Smithfield have appointed a new coach for next season?
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby marbles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm

moses wrote:LM do you know if Smithfield have appointed a new coach for next season?

i think mark harvey is the favourite, simon goodwin may look for a more permanent position, rather than just a 1 season contract before the previous coach returns from suspension
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby lutz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:39 pm

moses wrote:LM do you know if Smithfield have appointed a new coach for next season?

I think ex-Port District A Grade coach, Rod Smitheram would be the favourite there.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby moses » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:22 pm

I've heard someone else from out that way has the job.
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Nocyrils » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:50 pm

i heard jossy is heading back to smitty to coach. Rams dont want him
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby panthers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Nocyrils wrote:i heard jossy is heading back to smitty to coach. Rams dont want him

moses wrote:I've heard someone else from out that way has the job.

Very interesting seeing we haven't advertised yet :shock:

Dont let the gossip get to ya PG you are still favourite :lol:
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby nos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey guys been a follower all year...but been only given access to post today!

Sounds like there has been a lot of "here say" happening over the Smittie issue
have heard a good version today but whether there is any truth in it is another story... :? !
nos
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby old fullback » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:42 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
old fullback wrote:Milky Bar Kid did you see Ingle Farm's Bryant running through half forward in the 1st qtr with only one to beat,the supporters were waiting for a nice side step,running bounce and goal,but while the opposition player was 3ft off the ground he smothered it? That could've been goal of the year. ;)

Not my finest moment & trust me I had plenty of fine moments over the next 3 days. Made the mistake & right away knew I should have borked. Oh well, still a memorable day!

Ah you sure are a crowd favourite Milky Bar Kid, ;) , premiership player, "FARMERS PREMIERS 2013"
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:58 am

panthers wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:i heard jossy is heading back to smitty to coach. Rams dont want him

moses wrote:I've heard someone else from out that way has the job.

Very interesting seeing we haven't advertised yet :shock:

Dont let the gossip get to ya PG you are still favourite :lol:

:lol: :lol: Alllllriiiiight 8)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:01 am

So with the Div 7 team of the year expected to be announced this afternoon, anyone care to have a crack at which players from their clubs will be selected?

Ingle Farm certainties (you would think) would be Lynch (Div 7 leading goal kicker) and Gannell (Assoc medalist), others that might get a look in could include Naylor, Pligl, Stacey. Hard to know which others really stood out given it was quite an even spread across the season and everyone contributed.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:03 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:So with the Div 7 team of the year expected to be announced this afternoon, anyone care to have a crack at which players from their clubs will be selected?

Ingle Farm certainties (you would think) would be Lynch (Div 7 leading goal kicker) and Gannell (Assoc medalist), others that might get a look in could include Naylor, Pligl, Stacey. Hard to know which others really stood out given it was quite an even spread across the season and everyone contributed.

Yes the league of informed gentlemen and Bedgy should have the teams in print by midday. I have been told being dragged in a GF does not effect ones chances MBK :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:46 am

nos wrote:Hey guys been a follower all year...but been only given access to post today!

Sounds like there has been a lot of "here say" happening over the Smittie issue
have heard a good version today but whether there is any truth in it is another story... :? !

Insightful.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am

old fullback wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
old fullback wrote:Milky Bar Kid did you see Ingle Farm's Bryant running through half forward in the 1st qtr with only one to beat,the supporters were waiting for a nice side step,running bounce and goal,but while the opposition player was 3ft off the ground he smothered it? That could've been goal of the year. ;)

Not my finest moment & trust me I had plenty of fine moments over the next 3 days. Made the mistake & right away knew I should have borked. Oh well, still a memorable day!

Ah you sure are a crowd favourite Milky Bar Kid, ;) , premiership player, "FARMERS PREMIERS 2013"

That's cause the crowd think I'm Steve Gannell ;)
Believe me, I told everyone possible over the next few days that I was a premiership player! It was a great achievement by the club!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:22 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:So with the Div 7 team of the year expected to be announced this afternoon, anyone care to have a crack at which players from their clubs will be selected?

18 players plus the coach from ingle farm made my list :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:46 am

Robb_Stark wrote:18 players plus the coach from ingle farm made my list :)

Who were the 4 to miss out? MBK? :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League