2nd call

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:03 pm

duncs7 wrote:
The Riddler wrote:I reckon Wingfield would be filthy.....might have cost themselves the double chance!

Cant rely on the SAAFL to bail em out.

I dont think it is a bail out situation for the clubs.

I think the SAAFL have handled this badly as most clubs have paid and they are using this as a cop out. They have stated that they ( SAAFL ) work on a shoe string budget and should not have to take up the slack.

Newsflash for the SAAFL - Clubs rely on volunteers to run them and put the sides on the park every week and it is an amateur competition !!! Some people @ clubs work there normal jobs and then probably put in 40 hours in at there clubs to run them and to put a side on the park for there clubs every week - the SAAFL have slapped these people in the face as well !!!

Also with the compulsory SAAFL shorts and SAAFL socks that must be worn it has probably knocked a couple of clubs around !!!

As ( blublurag ) said a fine would be the penalty for late payment. If the SAAFL have clubs that do not pay at all then the SAAFL must ask why do they put in a team at all !!

Me thinks that a couple of people have been watchin to much AFL at Amateur House !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby dont think do » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:45 pm

Ok clubs are crying poor and have not been able to pay the money for thier 2nd call, I think what has been done is the right thing. No point in adding a fine on to the amount they are already not able to pay.

If clubs get off thier backside and ask for extra time I am sure it is given.
When to much sport is never enough
dont think do
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby blublurag » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:25 am

A scenario to ponder....

Round 18, you are sitting 6th with 52%, 5th is on the same wins but 53%, they are playing the 7th side and you are playing the 2nd side. Your side puts up a really good performance but goes down by 2 points, your percentage stays the same. The other side get thumped, their percentage drops to 51%, yippee you are in the finals, and after your last performance against the 2nd side you are premiership contenders. Oh no, the 7th side hasn't paid their call, their score gets wiped, the team you are fighting for 5th spot with has their percentage go back to 53%, you lose your finals spot, and you did everything right to be there.

Or maybe you get relegated, or maybe you miss out on the double chance, maybe you don't get top spot.

The point is that the premiership tables have now been compromised.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:41 am

blublurag wrote:A scenario to ponder....

Round 18, you are sitting 6th with 52%, 5th is on the same wins but 53%, they are playing the 7th side and you are playing the 2nd side. Your side puts up a really good performance but goes down by 2 points, your percentage stays the same. The other side get thumped, their percentage drops to 51%, yippee you are in the finals, and after your last performance against the 2nd side you are premiership contenders. Oh no, the 7th side hasn't paid their call, their score gets wiped, the team you are fighting for 5th spot with has their percentage go back to 53%, you lose your finals spot, and you did everything right to be there.

Or maybe you get relegated, or maybe you miss out on the double chance, maybe you don't get top spot.

Nice scenario - and this is the can of worms the SAAFL have opened !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby stan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:24 pm

Blue Boy wrote:
blublurag wrote:A scenario to ponder....

Nice scenario - and this is the can of worms the SAAFL have opened !!!

Thats a very good point there Bluerag. Also carey brought up a good point as well. If those games were always going to be dud games, then the game should have just been forfited instead of playing the game and then having the points removed. Could you imagine if you lost a key player to a injury in a game that well meant nothing as the points were already yours. Thats also another can that could have been opened. Not sure if it has as i dont know of any instances.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby blublurag » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:13 pm

I am not sure I agree with the forfeit solution. I think all of the scenarios can still occur if there is a forfeit imposed. Also, it would really hurt if you had a home game all ready to go and the visiting team is forced to forfeit. That again hurts the Club that has done the right thing. The Raggies lost 3 players in that Pooraka game but to me that is par for the course. It was certainly better to play the game than have a forfeit.

The system should only punish the team that has defaulted. That can be achieved (although I am sure the scoring system IScore would need to be modified). Here goes...

If a winning team defaults, they lose the 2 points and their score. The 2 points DO NOT go to the losing club and the losing clubs For/against remains the same as if they played a legitimate game.

If a losing team defaults, they lose their score. The winning clubs For/against remains the same as if they played a legitimate game.

This way ONLY the defaulting club is penalised.

By the way, in the scenario from my previous post, it is even worse, as the team that pipped you by percentage also got the 2 points, therefore percentage didn't matter.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:56 pm

the 3rd calls came out today ( 14/06/06 ) i just wander how many clubs have learnt from the 2nd calls not being paid
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Pag » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:00 pm

blublurag wrote:I am not sure I agree with the forfeit solution. I think all of the scenarios can still occur if there is a forfeit imposed. Also, it would really hurt if you had a home game all ready to go and the visiting team is forced to forfeit. That again hurts the Club that has done the right thing. The Raggies lost 3 players in that Pooraka game but to me that is par for the course. It was certainly better to play the game than have a forfeit.

I think I read somewhere that Shadiac said the games will not be forfeited due to keeping things like Association Medal Votes and Division Goalkicking tables fair, and not penalising the players representing both the 'innocent' club and the unpaid club that are involved in the match.

If the match was to be forfeited, and it was say Blackfriars vs Western Warriors in Div 7, I'm sure CJ would say that a 60-point win would probably not do Blackfrias justice, as it's probably penalising them percentage as well?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby cj_blacks » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:10 pm

shhhhhhh
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby Blue Boy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:05 pm

A meeting tomorrow night.

The clubs may get the points back if 51% of all other clubs agree !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:50 am

blue boy, was this sent out to all the clubs to attend?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Blue Boy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:03 pm

kookas wrote:blue boy, was this sent out to all the clubs to attend?

not sure on that !!!!!

will look in to it !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Barbara » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:40 pm

Did the meeting happen? If so, the outcome?
Barbara
Rookie

Postby BM » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:14 am

Barbara pretty sure the meeting did not take place. Considering Gepps were one of the teams involved with this fiasco we were not notified of any meeting.
BM
Rookie

Re: 2nd call

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:37 am

carey18 wrote:very interesting to see a couple of tems lose points from the weekend for not paying there 2nd call.modbury in div 2,north pines,pooraka and the best one western warriors have had there first win thanks to wingfeild royals!

what is 'not paying their second call'???? ive never heard this b4??? :? :?:
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:39 am

its the fees each club pays to league and its paid in installments throughout the year as the club generates some cash.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Barbara wrote:Did the meeting happen? If so, the outcome?

It now will happen in 2 weeks @ the next compulsary delegates meeting. This means each club must have the clubs nominated delegate attend the meeting.

This meeting is not specificly for this matter - it is just one of the things that will be on the agenda for this meeting.

The SAAFL notifies all clubs that a meeting is compulsary and when it is.

So in a nut shell still a couple of weeks before any decision is made !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby carey18 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:57 pm

how about you just decide who plays finals at the meeting as well?.wouldnt want to follow the rules the league sets down would we!
carey18

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:08 pm

BM wrote:Barbara pretty sure the meeting did not take place. Considering Gepps were one of the teams involved with this fiasco we were not notified of any meeting.

What does Gepps think of the whole fiasco i have given a couple of scenario's in which way things may go !!!

Scenario One :
All results to stand as played - yet fines still apply and payable

Scenario Two :
The defaulting clubs that won still lose the win but the points scored still remain - but the other team that lost does not get the win either as the default is worded that way
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:22 pm

carey18 wrote:how about you just decide who plays finals at the meeting as well?.wouldnt want to follow the rules the league sets down would we!

In this case the rules that were sent seem to be a little clouded and in some instances not received as they are only sent via email.

The email system is meant to be in a transitional year for the 2006 season.

Since this fiasco the SAAFL have released in the latest newsletter this information.

Gate Keeper on Mail
Please delete emails that are no longer relevant
to keep your email box clear. There is a limited storage capacity in these boxes.

In this case I think some one knows that that they could of been getting emails bounce back !!!

I think you will find all this has come about because 18 clubs were not financial at the 1st call. Some of the 4 clubs that were penalised on the second call were not part of the 18 clubs listed on the first call.
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League