Scotch OC
17%
Unley Mercedes
17%

Total votes : 163

Re: SAAFL Division 4 & D4R (2012)

Postby Former Roo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:46 am

beef wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:how many sides in this div have c grade sides?

Think all except Greenacres and Salisbury West last year, although pretty sure Salis West are trying to get a C grade this year. Pultney forfeited at least once last year, maybe more. Was a pretty average comp last year except for us and Unley, uni took greenacres spot last year but Golden grove and Para hills normally have good C grade teams.

Para Hills won't have a C grade next year!
Former Roo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 am

beef wrote:

Think all except Greenacres and Salisbury West last year, although pretty sure Salis West are trying to get a C grade this year. Pultney forfeited at least once last year, maybe more. Was a pretty average comp last year except for us and Unley, uni took greenacres spot last year but Golden grove and Para hills normally have good C grade teams.

cheers mate. another question, do most clubs like the idea of triple headers?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:24 am

There were triple headers at most clubs last year:

Greenacres - didn't have a C Grade
Hectorville - yes
Pulteney - yes
Scotch - yes
Unley - yes
Elizabeth - yes

Not sure about the new clubs. Hopefully they are keen on the triple headers too.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Jabber » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:37 am

Tony Clifton wrote:There were triple headers at most clubs last year:

Greenacres - didn't have a C Grade
Hectorville - yes
Pulteney - yes
Scotch - yes
Unley - yes
Elizabeth - yes

Not sure about the new clubs. Hopefully they are keen on the triple headers too.

Do hectorville still have those pain in the ass twilight C Grade games which meant that instead of being on the piss at 12:01, i couldn't have a drink till 6ish?
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Pag » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 am

Our C Grade played a twilight game against them at their ground.

Worked pretty well I thought.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Jabber » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 am

Pag wrote:Our C Grade played a twilight game against them at their ground.

I undrestand it works well for spectators etc and some players might like it.

But i personally enjoy watching the A Grade with a beer in hand, and due to having to play after them i can't do that. But its not the end of the world, Put it this way I wouldn't want to play the late game too often.

Plus once the sun started to dissappear i couldn't see alf. Heccies didn't turn the lights on. My eyes are bad enough during broad daylight!
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:09 am

Jabber wrote:
Pag wrote:Our C Grade played a twilight game against them at their ground.

I undrestand it works well for spectators etc and some players might like it.

But i personally enjoy watching the A Grade with a beer in hand, and due to having to play after them i can't do that. But its not the end of the world, Put it this way I wouldn't want to play the late game too often.

Plus once the sun started to dissappear i couldn't see alf. Heccies didn't turn the lights on. My eyes are bad enough during broad daylight!

i certainly don't mind the one off game during the year. give an opportunity to the c grader's to be the main game of the day and play in front of a decent crowd...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Hefty » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
beef wrote:

cheers mate. another question, do most clubs like the idea of triple headers?

GG have triple headers on the rare occasion. Now that we have a D grade it's harder allocating triple headers.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 am

when are clubs looking to start pre-season?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Choccies » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi all. Can't say it's good to be back in the divvy 4 forum from our clubs point of view but looks like there'll be some good matches this year and I look forward to catching up with a few of you for a frosty during the year.
GG have Ashley Mitchell back coaching which will hopefully settle us down a bit. I believe pre-season starts for us around the end of November and there's no new recruits that I have heard of yet except one BIG rumour of a player returning that I have heard that has yet to be confirmed...
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby beef » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Choccies wrote:Hi all. Can't say it's good to be back in the divvy 4 forum from our clubs point of view but looks like there'll be some good matches this year and I look forward to catching up with a few of you for a frosty during the year.
GG have Ashley Mitchell back coaching which will hopefully settle us down a bit. I believe pre-season starts for us around the end of November and there's no new recruits that I have heard of yet except one BIG rumour of a player returning that I have heard that has yet to be confirmed...

Big Phil is back, better stick two jumpers together
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 256 times

Postby Robran » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Heard a rumour danny walton has been appointed new B grade coach at elizabeth, anyone from the eagles confirm.......
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Choccies wrote:Hi all. Can't say it's good to be back in the divvy 4 forum from our clubs point of view but looks like there'll be some good matches this year and I look forward to catching up with a few of you for a frosty during the year.

Rumours are true mate...Even though im living in Pirie, i'm pulling the boots back on. Get excited :lol:
Seriously though, i know who you are talking about and im pretty sure its all but confirmed. Can he get a spot in the a-grade back though? Will need to work his guts out
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:47 pm

BurraBoys wrote:

Rumours are true mate...Even though im living in Pirie, i'm pulling the boots back on. Get excited :lol:
Seriously though, i know who you are talking about and im pretty sure its all but confirmed. Can he get a spot in the a-grade back though? Will need to work his guts out
Are we talking about Scuddsy?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Choccies » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:45 pm

beef wrote:

Big Phil is back, better stick two jumpers together

Nah Big Adro won't be back sadly for us all ;)
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby Choccies » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Pag wrote:
BurraBoys wrote:

Are we talking about Scuddsy?

I think the term might be 'guts off' rather than 'guts out'...
Choccies
Assistant Coach

SAAFL Division 4 & D4R (2012)

Postby test » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Let's hope it's not 'guts out' we dont won't the female contingent leave the grounds!
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby barrell-it » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Darren "Bucky'' Francis will coach Heccies again this year.
Big fan of triple headers at the Daly Dome and at other grounds.
Giving the C's some extra support and assisting in the clubs finances is a massive beneift.
Looking forward to Elizabeth's thirst quenching hospitality post game once again this year!
The ' :twisted: ' I've been told is running pre-season again this year!!
barrell-it
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby Q. » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:54 pm

barrell-it wrote:Darren "Bucky'' Francis will coach Heccies again this year.
Giving the C's some extra support and assisting in the clubs finances is a massive beneift.
Looking forward to Elizabeth's thirst quenching hospitality post game once again this year!

Who is coaching the B-Grade?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:17 pm

barrell-it wrote:Darren "Bucky'' Francis will coach Heccies again this year.

agreed, always good hospitality there.
very much looking forward to renewing the rivalry against elizabeth. always hard games regardless where each team is on the ladder and regardless of what grade.

good day at heccies aswell. totally agre with you on the triple headers... i personally enjoyed playing after the A's out there in 2010... good one of thing to do during the year...
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League