MSJFL & MWJFL merger?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: MSJFL & MWJFL merger?

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Didn't the rebel Edwardstown juniors leave the SFL because of travel? What are they going to do when they have a game at North Haven? Play internal trials?

Travelling down the expressway on a Saturday or Sunday morning to Aldinga is much faster than travelling out to North Haven.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Jetters » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Boosh wrote:
Jetters wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Boosh wrote:Back in the days when it was U/9 U/11 U/13 and U/15 with teams limited to 28 with no option for a second team it was a much more competitive league with more clubs represented and everyone playing at the same ground.

This was changed to suit the AFL/SANFL with the U/16's U/18's set up, mother's who didn't want their precious boys playing against bigger boys and to appease the bigger clubs such as Districts and Henley who control the league.

The basic result is the dog's breakfast we have now, with teams spread all over the place and ultimately a sub par level of football producing lower quality players.

Agreed.

So you would be for reducing the opportunity for more kids to be playing footy?

No im saying more clubs with full teams, I would say more people were playing Football in that era of U/9 U/11 etc and there weren't people being turned away.

The club I played for filled our 28 with the kids that came to the most trainings the ones that missed out were sent to another club most often Ethelton or Rosewater.

Factually incorrect, at least with the MSJFL
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Didn't the rebel Edwardstown juniors leave the SFL because of travel? What are they going to do when they have a game at North Haven? Play internal trials?

Travelling down the expressway on a Saturday or Sunday morning to Aldinga is much faster than travelling out to North Haven.

Nah
Jetters
Reserves

Postby jointman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 pm

has henley got 2 sides like u16s ?
jointman
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Boosh » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Jetters wrote:Factually incorrect, at least with the MSJFL

Factually correct in the West, we had a great competitive league and now its rubbish. I have no idea about south or its impact on the Unley Mercedes Immanuel Unisa Urrbrae High Mitcham Girls High Football Club or whatever it calls itself these days.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Jetters wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Didn't the rebel Edwardstown juniors leave the SFL because of travel? What are they going to do when they have a game at North Haven? Play internal trials?

Nah

It is

I have coached junior football in the SFL whilst living in Hillcrest and played against North Haven while living in Clarence Park, trust me, it's easier and faster.
Last edited by Esteban Vihaio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Jetters » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Boosh wrote:

Factually correct in the West, we had a great competitive league and now its rubbish. I have no idea about south or its impact on the Unley Mercedes Immanuel Unisa Urrbrae High Mitcham Girls High Football Club or whatever it calls itself these days.

Do you know the numbers or are you just saying that?

Unley will be just fine
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Jetters » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Boosh wrote:

Nah, there are 70 teams (according to the teams someone else posted on other page) competing in the MWJFL.

If ever team filled a team in every grade under the old system, there would be a max of 55 teams playing every week.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:44 am

I hear changes are afoot
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:40 am

Boosh wrote:

:lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3066 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:51 am

Heard there was a fight between spectators at North Haven Vs West Croydon U14s, any truth to this?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Jetters wrote:

Nah

It is

I have coached junior football in the SFL whilst living in Hillcrest and played against North Haven while living in Clarence Park, trust me, it's easier and faster.

Good to see you pulled through mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 pm

North Haven should have come into the NEMJA considering the freeway brings to most of the clubs around the area furthest club would be heccies or angle vale
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Alan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Heard there was a fight between spectators at North Haven Vs West Croydon U14s, any truth to this?

The rumour mill says WC kicked out of the comp.
Alan

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby lutz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:14 am

Robb_Stark wrote:North Haven should have come into the NEMJA considering the freeway brings to most of the clubs around the area furthest club would be heccies or angle vale

Why would they go into the NEMJA when they are within 5 min of three other MWJFL clubs? Their biggest roadtrip would probably be the 25min to Lockleys.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:58 am

lutz wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:North Haven should have come into the NEMJA considering the freeway brings to most of the clubs around the area furthest club would be heccies or angle vale

Why would they go into the NEMJA when they are within 5 min of three other MWJFL clubs? Their biggest roadtrip would probably be the 25min to Lockleys.

cause the quality is a lot better
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:08 pm

I must say, when I lived at Pennington it was pretty easy to get to all the grounds in no time at all.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby as you wood » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:23 am

[quote="Mr Beefy"]I hear changes are in the air
You could be right

“An interested party has expressed an interest in nominating for the MWJFL Executive at the AGM.
David Evans, the President of the MSJFL has sent out an email to the delegate clubs of the MWJFL, outlining his concerns that if this interested party is elected in any capacity on the MWJFL Executive, that the combined U16 competition will not continue in 2014 and that there will no longer be any future Representative matches played between the two Leagues.
It is acknowledged that the current combined U16 competition is a vibrant competition, strongly supported by players, parents/guardians and carers and the member clubs and we would hope to see this competition continue in the best interest of both leagues and the players involved.
The MWJFL Executive have received information that our delegate clubs, have planned a special meeting with the above mentioned interested party, on Friday the 4/10/2013.

Does anyone know who the ‘interested party’ is and why MSJFL are willing to jeopardise the opportunity for young lads to play in a vibrant competition as opposed to reducing that comp back to two Mickey Mouse competitions if the interested party were to become a member of the MWJFL Executive ?????
as you wood
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 am

Big Arnie
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm

as you wood wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:I hear changes are in the air
You could be right

“An interested party has expressed an interest in nominating for the MWJFL Executive at the AGM.
David Evans, the President of the MSJFL has sent out an email to the delegate clubs of the MWJFL, outlining his concerns that if this interested party is elected in any capacity on the MWJFL Executive, that the combined U16 competition will not continue in 2014 and that there will no longer be any future Representative matches played between the two Leagues.
It is acknowledged that the current combined U16 competition is a vibrant competition, strongly supported by players, parents/guardians and carers and the member clubs and we would hope to see this competition continue in the best interest of both leagues and the players involved.
The MWJFL Executive have received information that our delegate clubs, have planned a special meeting with the above mentioned interested party, on Friday the 4/10/2013.

Does anyone know who the ‘interested party’ is and why MSJFL are willing to jeopardise the opportunity for young lads to play in a vibrant competition as opposed to reducing that comp back to two Mickey Mouse competitions if the interested party were to become a member of the MWJFL Executive ?????

Amateur hour
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League