Salisbury
16%
St Pauls OS
No votes

Total votes : 44

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:35 pm

whufc wrote:Bill Fuller to coach the Units

Congratulations to Bill, great to see him get another crack at it and i wish him all the best. Top bloke.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:26 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
whufc wrote:Bill Fuller to coach the Units

Congratulations to Bill, great to see him get another crack at it and i wish him all the best. Top bloke.

Good to see them sign a couple a young lads instead of going for the club hoppers that keep moving between the same clubs. They all look at going to the best team them when they go up they go back to the other team.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:31 pm

Fitzroy coach has more front than Myer, Ringing a units sponsor asking him donate money to sponsor a couple of players he wants to take with him. The dollars mentioned where crazy, wonder what all the other young blokes at Fitzroy will think of this.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:32 am

Demon Juke wrote:Fitzroy coach has more front than Myer, Ringing a units sponsor asking him donate money to sponsor a couple of players he wants to take with him. The dollars mentioned where crazy, wonder what all the other young blokes at Fitzroy will think of this.

We were looking at a young midfielder - his asking price was very high.. signed at Fitzroy, they were happy to pay what he wanted.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4044 times

Postby ConAir » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Fitzroy coach has more front than Myer, Ringing a units sponsor asking him donate money to sponsor a couple of players he wants to take with him. The dollars mentioned where crazy, wonder what all the other young blokes at Fitzroy will think of this.

We were looking at a young midfielder - his asking price was very high.. signed at Fitzroy, they were happy to pay what he wanted.

It's Division 6 football. If your club is paying more than a can of coke and a pie, then you won't be climbing the ladder. By bringing in below-average players and paying them more than they're worth, you'll only watch them leave and go somewhere else when things get tough. Can you name a single club in Division 6 or 7 that has managed to climb the divisions by paying their players more than necessary? That hasn't crashed to earth in the years after?
ConAir
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperial

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:18 pm

ConAir wrote:Can you name a single club in Division 6 or 7 that has managed to climb the divisions by paying their players more than necessary? That hasn't crashed to earth in the years after?

Dunno about more than necessary, but Glenunga and Golden Grove have done pretty well climbing the divisions.

Hope Valley are going well - although did they actually end up back in D6? :-?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
ConAir wrote:Can you name a single club in Division 6 or 7 that has managed to climb the divisions by paying their players more than necessary? That hasn't crashed to earth in the years after?

Dunno about more than necessary, but Glenunga and Golden Grove have done pretty well climbing the divisions.

Hope Valley are going well - although did they actually end up back in D6? :-?

back in 2008? but we didn't crash from anywhere. We were just there :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Damn, and I was enjoying Fitzroy sliding under the radar while swimming in Saudi Money.

Guess the cats out the bag.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 40 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:55 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:Damn, and I was enjoying Fitzroy sliding under the radar while swimming in Saudi Money.

You’ve never flown under the radar.. and you’ve been swimming in cash for as long as I can remember so there are no shocks here. 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby redyellow&blue » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:Damn, and I was enjoying Fitzroy sliding under the radar while swimming in Saudi Money.

You’ve never flown under the radar.. and you’ve been swimming in cash for as long as I can remember so there are no shocks here. 8) :lol:

Well I learn something new about the club every day. Better i have a chat to the treasurer ask where it's all at.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:27 pm

You're not the only club that pays players Red, yellow & Blue, every club does. I just said it was poor form the coach to ring a sponsor from his previous club to help pay the players he has promised money to -- Russell, Dempsey, Abbott, Markis., Olszewski. etc
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:41 pm

Too emotional and sensitive RYB :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:02 pm

ConAir wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

It's Division 6 football. If your club is paying more than a can of coke and a pie, then you won't be climbing the ladder. By bringing in below-average players and paying them more than they're worth, you'll only watch them leave and go somewhere else when things get tough. Can you name a single club in Division 6 or 7 that has managed to climb the divisions by paying their players more than necessary? That hasn't crashed to earth in the years after?

In the last 15 years there are numerous clubs that would have paid decent amounts to players in D6 and haven’t seen D6 again after leaving. Reckon you’re off the mark with that call. Perhaps you’re generalising all clubs with some that have the same blokes doing the merry go round North of the City.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Old Fellow » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:08 am

Hey Demon Juke, was the coach 'shocked' with the response from the sponsor?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Arch44 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:07 am

Salty comes to mind
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:50 am

Demon Juke wrote:You're not the only club that pays players Red, yellow & Blue, every club does. I just said it was poor form the coach to ring a sponsor from his previous club to help pay the players he has promised money to -- Russell, Dempsey, Abbott, Markis., Olszewski. etc

I'm happy to bite, I have a light morning at work. lets have some fun :)

I have Bedge saying club's swimming in cash, and Juke saying we are chasing another clubs sponsors for cash cause we need it to bring in apparently 5 players @ 3 points per player....not including the current players i have on points..

You can't sell to high end A graders " sorry you'll be in a rotation as we have too many points and you might miss finals"

I can't say whether the FFC coach has called another clubs sponsors or not... however here's a Hypothetical.... Lets pick a random club, lets say.... Pooraka ...and a player or coach comes to you and said "hey champ, got an in with Mawson lakes Mazda, reckon they want to sponsor someone else..... Your club/coach/sponsorship manager would not make the call to MLM? you actually would be doing the wrong thing by your club not to be making the call.

Sorry Resource Co, you sponsor PAC I respect them too much not to bring you on board as our new sponsor..... Come on we are adults here lol.

It's all a a gamble regardless anyway. Bring a player on he might not fit/attitude wrong and cost too much. Bring a player on and he dominates and you've managed to get him for pennies on the dollar... the next year you gotta be looking at putting him on the payroll when someone comes knocking with $250 a game. We've already had some of our kids approached with stupid offers. It's all Chess.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Postby Demon Juke » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:05 am

Arch44 wrote:Salty comes to mind

What ever you think mate, you can't see that it is poor form. I never mentioned the amount promised to them on here you are the only one keeps telling me you only have a set budget.I don't care what you are paying them that's your business, but do it with your money.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:15 am

Demon Juke wrote:

What ever you think mate, you can't see that it is poor form. I never mentioned the amount promised to them on here you are the only one keeps telling me you only have a set budget.I don't care what you are paying them that's your business, but do it with your money.

Benny Russell on $700 a game definitely fits into the budget :)

Demo, Dylan Richardson and makris getting 1k between them also fit into the budget :)

Just hope that all the homegrown/local players that have put in the hard yards over the last couple years don’t mind 4 players taking up majority of that large budget Fitzroy have, sure if they are winning games everyone involved will be stoked :) :) :)
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby ConAir » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:24 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
ConAir wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

In the last 15 years there are numerous clubs that would have paid decent amounts to players in D6 and haven’t seen D6 again after leaving. Reckon you’re off the mark with that call. Perhaps you’re generalising all clubs with some that have the same blokes doing the merry go round North of the City.

Name them!
ConAir
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperial

Postby Arch44 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:56 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Benny Russell on $700 a game definitely fits into the budget :)

Demo, Dylan Richardson and makris getting 1k between them also fit into the budget :)

Just hope that all the homegrown/local players that have put in the hard yards over the last couple years don’t mind 4 players taking up majority of that large budget Fitzroy have, sure if they are winning games everyone involved will be stoked :) :) :)

:lol: Those amounts couldn't be any further from the truth. Cool story in the off season though, things do get boring.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League