New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:20 am

The SFL has been around for 130 years. Does that mean a club that is "only" 50 years old is also considered to be an introduced species?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:30 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Brighton?

Fat and bloated? :D
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dols » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:00 am

Down the Hill wrote:Win the GF and you will get promoted!!!

Div 4 GF teams since 2013 reads like this.
2013 - Plympton 1st promoted to Div 3, Brahma Lodge 2nd and elected to be dropped to A5 and went winless.
2014 - GG 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury West 2nd and elected to be dropped to A7 and won 5 games
2015 - Kilburn 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury 2nd and elected to stay in Div 4 and still a chance to challenge for a flag.

The runners up have made their own call for the past 3 years so the only difference this year is that the SAAFL has made the call for them.
the SAAFL should not get that call. There should not be different rules for different divisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:09 am

Dols wrote:

2013 - Plympton 1st promoted to Div 3, Brahma Lodge 2nd and elected to be dropped to A5 and went winless.
2014 - GG 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury West 2nd and elected to be dropped to A7 and won 5 games
2015 - Kilburn 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury 2nd and elected to stay in Div 4 and still a chance to challenge for a flag.

The runners up have made their own call for the past 3 years so the only difference this year is that the SAAFL has made the call for them.
the SAAFL should not get that call. There should not be different rules for different divisions.

Actually the SAAFL clubs made the call. 90% of the clubs voted yes
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dols » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dols wrote:

it only has a derogatory effect on 10% of the clubs

Dols
Reserves

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:13 am

Is Brighton & MVPFC joining just the start?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:18 am

Dutchy wrote:Is Brighton & MVPFC joining just the start?

Are Hackham working on their issues that got them denied?

Potentially 4 clubs leaving inside 2 seasons is not a good look for a League.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:45 am

heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Is Brighton & MVPFC joining just the start?

Are Hackham working on their issues that got them denied?

Potentially 4 clubs leaving inside 2 seasons is not a good look for a League.

15 clubs is not a workable number for a league, too many for a single division, not enough for two.

This is a correction that needed to happen. The SFL can still be very viable if it consolidates to what it is good at, and stop trying to be everything to everyone and not really satisfy anyone as a result.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dols wrote:

thats because 90% of the clubs arent affected by it this year..do the maths..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dols » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 pm

zedman wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dols wrote:

thats because 90% of the clubs arent affected by it this year..do the maths..
a mathematician, how exciting.

Dols
Reserves

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:21 pm

4 clubs affected. 65 clubs at a quick count. 6.15% of clubs potentially could be affected for the growth of the league.

I feel for those 4 affected clubs. But sometimes in life to establish growth some short term pain will be felt. Im sure those affected clubs would have been setting themselves for a premiership anyway, unfortunately this year their wont be a consolation prize..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Dols wrote:

I appreciate that the affected clubs voted against it
Point is; the SAAFL didn't make the call as Dols stated - the clubs did
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby The Hound » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:52 pm

heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
What are Brighton anyway? Are they the Bombers?

Of the yellow and black variety.....can all visiting sides please visit a tanning salon prior to your visit ;)

And have your latte orders ready :lol:

Look forward to seeing Brighton on The Footy Show tomorrow night under the Almost Football Legends segment after the score line against Reynella :)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby old farmer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:41 pm

human_torpedo wrote:4 clubs affected. 65 clubs at a quick count. 6.15% of clubs potentially could be affected for the growth of the league.

I feel for those 4 affected clubs. But sometimes in life to establish growth some short term pain will be felt. I'm sure those affected clubs would have been setting themselves for a premiership anyway, unfortunately this year their wont be a consolation prize..

4 divisions and 5 teams in each finals series. That's a few more than 4 affected. And i know for a fact that there was not 20 hands up at the meeting. Yours definitely wouldn't have been up, not going to affect Trinity at all........
Anyway, a vote is a vote and was definitely a majority rule. Now lets sit back and enjoy the excitement Morphies and Brighton will bring to our comp.....
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby old farmer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:45 pm

I appreciate that the affected clubs voted against it
Point is; the SAAFL didn't make the call as Dols stated - the clubs did[/quote]

No, SAAFL made the proposal, and the 80% of the clubs just put their hand up.
I'm sure if PAOC were 3rd in div 4, you would have a different point of view Jimmy
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:52 pm

old farmer wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:4 clubs affected. 65 clubs at a quick count. 6.15% of clubs potentially could be affected for the growth of the league.

I feel for those 4 affected clubs. But sometimes in life to establish growth some short term pain will be felt. I'm sure those affected clubs would have been setting themselves for a premiership anyway, unfortunately this year their wont be a consolation prize..

4 divisions and 5 teams in each finals series. That's a few more than 4 affected. And i know for a fact that there was not 20 hands up at the meeting. Yours definitely wouldn't have been up, not going to affect Trinity at all........
Anyway, a vote is a vote and was definitely a majority rule. Now lets sit back and enjoy the excitement Morphies and Brighton will bring to our comp.....

It only affects the losing grand finalist of div 4, 5, 6 and 7? How does it affect all 5 finalists in 4 divisions.. Unless you make the GF you don't go up. If you win it, you still go up. Hence, the only affected clubs are the 4 losing Grand Finalists.. That's all I was saying. If Ingle Farm make and lose the GF this year, my heart will bleed for you Old Farmer
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Executive Member » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:54 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
old farmer wrote:

It only affects the losing grand finalist of div 4, 5, 6 and 7? How does it affect all 5 finalists in 4 divisions.. Unless you make the GF you don't go up. If you win it, you still go up. Hence, the only affected clubs are the 4 losing Grand Finalists.. That's all I was saying. If Ingle Farm make and lose the GF this year, my heart will bleed for you Old Farmer

will be mute point if the proposed merger goes ahead as the 2 grand finalists from div 6 will then go up
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby old farmer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:03 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
old farmer wrote:

Every club in the finals are affected because they have gone a 2 in 5 chance to be in a higher division to a 1 in 5 chance.
Yes, only 4 will be affected in the end but 20 are as of Monday night.
i know what i mean because i run a football club, not coach B Grade
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:05 pm

old farmer wrote:i know what i mean because i run a football club, not coach B Grade

Ouch :lol:

B-(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:16 pm

im sure all the teams in div 6 will be rapt if WCFC lose the GF and they get to have their asses handed to them for another 18 rounds in 2017..this affects many clubs not just the losing finalists and its the same in div 5 and div 4..but hey..its all about the SFL clubs.. :roll:
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League