SAAFL Division 8 2013

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2013

Postby Sass! » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 am

Cohiba wrote:
OPP wrote:I was down at the 'den' tonight with a mate of mine who plays c grade for them.

He has played 14 games 4 them and he along with 10 blokes got dropped so th 'b' grade can retain their fitness....

Surely the rules can't allow that?

Firstly if was 13 B graders that need a run and secondly if your mate had played 15 games he would have got picked..... :roll:

You would hope this is not the case but i beleive the SMOSH B grade have to pick a side on the thursday/ friday even if they arent playing. You wouold be pretty disgruntled if some B grader got dropped, playing in a flag this week and then got another B grade one in a weeks time and you were left getting beans.

Should be a cracking game tomorrow and with a bit of luck SMOSH will be walkign away empty handed either way! :lol:
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Cohiba » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Sass! wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
OPP wrote:I was down at the 'den' tonight with a mate of mine who plays c grade for them.

He has played 14 games 4 them and he along with 10 blokes got dropped so th 'b' grade can retain their fitness....

Firstly if was 13 B graders that need a run and secondly if your mate had played 15 games he would have got picked..... :roll:

You would hope this is not the case but i beleive the SMOSH B grade have to pick a side on the thursday/ friday even if they arent playing. You wouold be pretty disgruntled if some B grader got dropped, playing in a flag this week and then got another B grade one in a weeks time and you were left getting beans.

Should be a cracking game tomorrow and with a bit of luck SMOSH will be walkign away empty handed either way! :lol:

Doubt if the B grader would be disgruntled.... :) Fear not......OPP's was trying to be clever in his first post...... and yes you got it right...it will be cracking game.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Lion Hack » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Sass! wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Doubt if the B grader would be disgruntled.... :) Fear not......OPP's was trying to be clever in his first post...... and yes you got it right...it will be cracking game.

Yeah not quite right OPP. 2 B graders who were dropped for round 18 but did play last week are playing in the C's tomorrow but not to "retain their fitness". IF the A grade lose there are 4 players eligible to come down to the B's for the GF so they would miss out. But yes on the flip side, if the A grade win there is a fair chance at least one would retain their spot. Always hard luck stories at this time of year, someone is always gonna miss out, you just don't want to be that bloke.
Lion Hack
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 am

Don't know if this will work but we'll give it a crack anyway..

Live scores for Ovingham v Adel Uni can be viewed at:

http://footyscorer.com/match/630b4ae4-1 ... c22a2d5849

You may need to "Like" the app first though. Can be viewed on your mobile or PC (hopefully)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Pig Dog » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Well done to Uni on winning the flag in Div 8R. Best side all year.

Did the Ovingham boys do a cool down lap after the loss? Absolute disgrace to have an A grade team in the lowest level of amateur league footy, even more disgraceful their carry on pre and post game. The footy gods are smiling today!
The Pig Dog
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Thomilf » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:06 pm

The Pig Dog wrote:Well done to Uni on winning the flag in Div 8R. Best side all year.

Did the Ovingham boys do a cool down lap after the loss? Absolute disgrace to have an A grade team in the lowest level of amateur league footy, even more disgraceful their carry on pre and post game. The footy gods are smiling today!

Probably still doing their 40 pushups post game. #flogs
Thomilf
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:25 pm

The Pig Dog wrote:Well done to Uni on winning the flag in Div 8R. Best side all year.

What was the score?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10713 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

What was the score?

About 5 goals, was around that margin most of the game.

Uni were fit and worked hard, hard some good targets around the ground, umpiring wasn't the best but the discipline or lack thereof hurt Ovingham more than anything.

Whether decision is right or wrong players need to learn to deal with it and not mouth off, I also understand a lot of feeling and emotion invested in the game but some of the decisions by the players were terrible - coach killers!

Umpires were pathetic though, but to be expected.

Well done Uni, hope the big fella stretchered off is ok
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Really? You can't be gracious/ humble in victory? Wow arrogant much! News flash reserves of the lowest div in the comp, get your head out your ass!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Trader » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Thomilf wrote:

Probably still doing their 40 pushups post game. #flogs

:lol:
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 811 times

Postby HAWKBOY » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Sass! wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Congratulations to Modbury.
Massive victory over SMOSH
HAWKBOY
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Thomilf » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Really? You can't be gracious/ humble in victory? Wow arrogant much! News flash reserves of the lowest div in the comp, get your head out your ass!

........which is what he just said.
Thomilf
Mini-League

Postby KingCat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Probably still doing their 40 pushups post game. #flogs[/quote]

Who is the real flog pal do you know what is significant about the number 40 that is how many soldiers died in the Afghanistan campaign so dip sticks like you can write on a forum eat a fat one pal
KingCat
Mini-League

Postby KingCat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Don't mind kick clubs while they're down. You begrudge a bunch of guys who want to still be able to move tomorrow. We apologise we can't have 7 teams like our opponents and what is the carry on that you speak. I didn't know being amongst your victorious opponents and applauding them as they receive their medals is disgraceful.
KingCat
Mini-League

Postby Thomilf » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Thomilf wrote:Probably still doing their 40 pushups post game. #flogs

KingCat wrote:Who is the real flog pal do you know what is significant about the number 40 that is how many soldiers died in the Afghanistan campaign so dip sticks like you can write on a forum eat a fat one pal

Yeh, my grandpa died too. #clap #clap
Thomilf
Mini-League

Postby JamesH » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Thomilf wrote:

KingCat wrote:Who is the real flog pal do you know what is significant about the number 40 that is how many soldiers died in the Afghanistan campaign so dip sticks like you can write on a forum eat a fat one pal

40 soldiers perishing to defend their country. Honoring them is worthy of your scorn for what reason?

I can only presume your some veteran who has seen it all. Armed civilians throw rocks to which you cant respond... Or missiles being fired indiscriminately into residential areas. Hey - who am I to comment all this shit is funny to dregs of the sporting world.

Some things are a lot more important than a stupid game - especially this stupid game.

לזיין את כל מה שאתה
JamesH
Under 16s

Postby Thomilf » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:27 pm

JamesH wrote:
Thomilf wrote:

40 soldiers perishing to defend their country. Honoring them is worthy of your scorn for what reason?

I can only presume your some veteran who has seen it all. Armed civilians throw rocks to which you cant respond... Or missiles being fired indiscriminately into residential areas. Hey - who am I to comment all this shit is funny to dregs of the sporting world.

Some things are a lot more important than a stupid game - especially this stupid game.

לזיין את כל מה שאתה

So I suppose the time you held up the Div 8 game after you won the Div8R game so you could sing the Ovingham song for the 19th time in the middle of the ground while you kissed the turf was a dedication to all the fallen comrades? #flogs
Thomilf
Mini-League

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Oh excellent, a troll who mocks our servicemen and uses hash tags.

You'll last long here :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby forloveofthegame » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:24 am

Cohiba

He who laughs last, laughs loudest

May have lost a player but we won the GF & your mighty SMOSH Choked again!

Well coached well played winner winner chicken dinner!
forloveofthegame
Mini-League

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Smosh choke again on the big day. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of arrogant d$ckh*@ds
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League