Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:22 pm

morell wrote:They'd beat us and beat us pretty easy lads, get your hands off it.

Not true!!!

Half the women would be off injured and the other half would have nothing left in the tank with 100kg men battering them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby getting too old » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 pm

So what would be a fair comparison to womens AFL football if it were all men's football? AFL vs SANFL? AFL vs Div 1? My personal opinion is that I don't think the women could beat a Div 7R team. Given that it takes a male team 3 kicks to travel from goal to goal, plus most B grade players have played football for years and have game sense and knowledge, plus the heavier bodies and bigger frames? Then the overall skill level. The majority of the women in these teams have played for less than a couple of years. I don't know overall but that's how I see it anyway, be it wrong or right. Give it 5 years and we might have a better picture of what women's football may become.
getting too old
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:21 pm

why do the women have to compare to male footballers

they now will only get better and improve the ball use and core running power
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 pm

whufc wrote:
morell wrote:They'd beat us and beat us pretty easy lads, get your hands off it.

Not true!!!

Half the women would be off injured and the other half would have nothing left in the tank with 100kg men battering them.
Very true!!

They're fitter and faster than most D7 sides I've seen. It would depend on the conditions but on a dry deck with a bit of space, they'd absolutely carve us up. There some phenomenal athletes running around in these teams.

And 100kg men battering them? We've got a couple of 100kg lads but they would be able to batter anything other than a doughnut.

A D5 or even good D6 side I think would be too strong, but far out at D7 level half the guys can barely run.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 pm

getting too old wrote:So what would be a fair comparison to womens AFL football if it were all men's football? AFL vs SANFL? AFL vs Div 1? My personal opinion is that I don't think the women could beat a Div 7R team. Given that it takes a male team 3 kicks to travel from goal to goal, plus most B grade players have played football for years and have game sense and knowledge, plus the heavier bodies and bigger frames? Then the overall skill level. The majority of the women in these teams have played for less than a couple of years. I don't know overall but that's how I see it anyway, be it wrong or right. Give it 5 years and we might have a better picture of what women's football may become.
What D7R have you been watching?!?! The AFL teams would struggle to kick a goal with three kicks from end to end FFS

Heavier bodies mean jack if they cant *move*- these women are fast. Very fast. And supremely fit.

They'd beat a D7R side by 30 goals and beat a D7 side on a dry deck.
morell
Coach

Postby getting too old » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Ok, 3 kicks to a full forward and a set shot on the fourth kick, I know a couple of heavy fellas that can move, heavy doesn't mean over weight or fat! As I said it was my opinion, which is of course open to criticism, having said that, it is tough to portray an opinion through text as opposed to speech. I guess the beauty of it is that it was only my point of view. I am of the same thought as you that there are some very elite and quick athletes running around and the marquee players are quite good, from there it does fall away. Skill level will improve with more training and practice as everything does. As will knowledge and also game sense and reading the play. I am all for growing the women's game and I also look forward to watching it grow.
getting too old
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

morell wrote:
whufc wrote:

Not true!!!

Very true!!

They're fitter and faster than most D7 sides I've seen. It would depend on the conditions but on a dry deck with a bit of space, they'd absolutely carve us up. There some phenomenal athletes running around in these teams.

And 100kg men battering them? We've got a couple of 100kg lads but they would be able to batter anything other than a doughnut.

A D5 or even good D6 side I think would be too strong, but far out at D7 level half the guys can barely run.

I guess I was making the point that as much as we would love the game to be purely about skill and speed the beauty to Aussie rules is physicality and intimidation do play a part and probably is not as measurable as skills.

Personally I don't the skill level really matters imho people don't go to Aussie rules because of the standard (yes the afl is the most watched and most skillled but that's down to marketing etc)

People have affiliation with their clubs and want to be on a team
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby getting too old » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Morell, I see that your reigning reserves b&f Dre Wilson has been denied clearance to Marion. Can you shed any light on that or it's being kept in house?
getting too old
Mini-League

Postby morell » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 am

Not going to go into specifics on sa footy sorry mate as it's really not my place. I am just a has-been-washed-up-hack hoping to get a kick this year.

If you like I am sure our football director (Matthew Davidson), coaches (Wayne Knowles and Ben Weekley) or President (Shane Lynch) would be happy to have a chat:

http://www.mitchellparkfc.com/dashboard/contact-us
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:01 am

whufc wrote:

Not true!!!

I've seen that DVD too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby morell » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:21 am

This Para Hills side is going from probably the side to beat to something that needs to be done by HQ if they want to avoid yet another lop sided comp.

Paul Cree has now purportedly agreed to terms. Rumours are abound that clearances are being delayed to avoid prying eyes and more discussion and perhaps action being taken to more accurately grade them. I don't think Para Hills would do that but that is the PR they have to deal with unfortunately.

#ParaHillsForD6 #PrayForD7
morell
Coach

Postby zedman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:56 am

morell wrote:This Para Hills side is going from probably the side to beat to something that needs to be done by HQ if they want to avoid yet another lop sided comp.

Paul Cree has now purportedly agreed to terms. Rumours are abound that clearances are being delayed to avoid prying eyes and more discussion and perhaps action being taken to more accurately grade them. I don't think Para Hills would do that but that is the PR they have to deal with unfortunately.

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 am

morell wrote:This Para Hills side is going from probably the side to beat to something that needs to be done by HQ if they want to avoid yet another lop sided comp.

What's next ?
Lynch to return.
Farms coach would be pulling his hair out.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:08 am

Computer Crashed wrote:

What's next ?
Lynch to return.

It's very early still. Anything is possible. Still waiting to see the almighty Carey joining his mates out there at PH. They are going to be phenomenal.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 am

Computer Crashed wrote:Farms coach would be pulling his hair out.

What hair? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:10 am

Zartan wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Farms coach would be pulling his hair out.

What hair? :lol:

Your hair ha ha ha :lol:
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby morell » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:52 am

Computer Crashed wrote:

What's next ?
Lynch to return.
I have had the "delaying clearances" rumour squashed by multiple sources now. Didn't think they'd do that. In fact I have heard they actually support a move to D6!

Still, they're now a legitimate top end of D5 side, playing in D7.

I understand that the league are hamstrung my archaic and redundant rules and a preposterous delegate system, but surely Mawson Lakes and Para Hills could do a joint submission perhaps?
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:00 pm

morell wrote:I have had the "delaying clearances" rumour squashed by multiple sources now. Didn't think they'd do that. In fact I have heard they actually support a move to D6!

So your multiple sources confirmed the move was true then?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby blackRoo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:I have had the "delaying clearances" rumour squashed by multiple sources now. Didn't think they'd do that. In fact I have heard they actually support a move to D6!

So your multiple sources confirmed the move was true then?

I love this forum, lol
blackRoo
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby carey » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

What's next ?
Lynch to return.

It's very early still. Anything is possible. Still waiting to see the almighty Carey joining his mates out there at PH. They are going to be phenomenal.

Ease up Bombers, Phenomenal is a big call.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League