23%
St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:33 am

One family member refuses to stop drink driving. Gets told again if you drink drive you will go to jail.

Same family member drinks again

Family member goes to jail, but also the kids, wife, grandparents and cousins.

Seems reasonable......not really.

and having the clubs vote on something as contraversial, rather then just allowed to give opinions is pretty ordinary, as clubs would not be thinking about whats best for the welfare of the rest of the players, just what benefit it is to them peronally - which is pretty selfish..

someone here said before, "SN agreed to the terms of the AAA"

Agreed terms mean jack S**T if the terms go outside of the law or whats deemed socially acceptable. Ie i doubt anyone in here would be happy with their childs school punishing your kid for somethig another child did... and the whole "you signed him at this school therefore you knew the risk" would'nt fly.

Collective punishment is illegal in the workplace.. considering we have to have insurance, subs, follow AFL rules etc etc....

So stopping all players would fall under cpollective punishment...and i seriously doubt the the league has the capacity to deal with 70+ players health and welfare issues....footy is an outlet for a lot of people... taking that away from soneone who has not done something wrong could land you in a dangerous legal minefield.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:38 am

terms mean jack shit if they are deemed socially unacceptable?

:lol:

Oh lordy.

Does it not occur to any of you that the agreement signed by Salisbury North was written up by lawyers?

:roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:43 am

Love a rumour wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:This is where the GJ Rd boundary comes in.

Literally the only people that are kicking up about it are on the northern side of the road.

In reality, any leftover SN B & C graders won't travel further than the boundary to go and play a game of footy. 3 xD2R players in a struggling D5/D6/D7 side are going to go pretty well, posing what other clubs will see as an unfair advantage. Of course they're going to vote no, not because they think the SN Players are dangerous but because for the best part, there is no benefit for them

If JK hadn't gone to the clubs and the board made the decisions off their own back, then they'd be branded crap guys and anti -SN and totalitarian,so they're damned if they do and damned if they dont. Tell me now that any of you think that Shadiac or GIno would've consulted member clubs to come to this decision.

Marbles, not many people having a giggle around here at the minute. There are folks here that are effected directly. Your stupidity is both unwanted and quite insensitive. Either contribute positively or please go away.

Your boundary rule isnt 100% true. I had spoken with a few players and they were talking about different clubs. Most weren't keen to drop down to divs 6 or 7. Yes a few would have stayed closer to SN but most the top end of the talent would have been spread out IMO.

Was more referring to the B and C players here luv and was just a theory, for the best part, they're generally at the end of their careers (espeically C grade) and don't generally want to travel too far to train etc.. therefore the theory they wouldn't venture too far away, they just want a kick and a catch.

If they don't want to venture down to 6/7, there's not much on the north side of the road anyway, bar EP, who you would think would be particularly picky on who they recruit at this point, or Salisbury/Pooraka.

Can’t believe you actually think these players should miss the rest of the year when some of these players have never been susupended, outrageous that this comp is gonna stop some of these guys going to another club! & for you “footy chick” to agree is pathetic that’s like convicting these blokes for absolutely nothing

There are plenty of other people that agree with the whole club ban, why are you pinpointing me?

Considering that nowhere have I written whether I agree or disagree with it one way or another. :? I didnt friggin ban them! :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 am

Footy Chick wrote:terms mean jack shit if they are deemed socially unacceptable?

Welcome to the new age 2000's :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4127 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:54 am

I'm on the fence with what restrictions should be placed on SN players wanting to transfer to other clubs but at least this whole situation occurred prior to 30 June and the option for players to transfer to the BLGFL, APFL or somewhere else in the country leagues still exists. If the incident occurred this Saturday instead of 2 weeks ago, these players would have nowhere to go for the rest of the season unless the 30 June transfer rule was somehow lifted - which I doubt because it is applied consistently nationally for winter football.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 303 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:55 am

Footy Chick wrote:Considering that nowhere have I written whether I agree or disagree with it one way or another.

What is your position on the matter, and for what reasons?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:56 am

Dutchy wrote:I'm guessing the AAA agreement process was voted in by the clubs though, which then gives them the powers to expel.

My understanding is that all clubs have to affiliate each year and sign a document that has certain terms and conditions, the Amended Affiliation Agreement (AAA) is a variation on the standard document as determined by the board.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:58 am

Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:
Q. wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Feel for the B/C graders who just want to play footy and most probably won't get a game in neighboring leagues if they explore that option.
They knowingly played at a club that had agreed to the conditions. Nobody forced them to be at SNFC.

I disagree to a point, I have a couple of mates who decided to have a C Grade kick with SN this year.

They have always played amateur soccer and wanted to give football a crack. They had no idea such rules even existed etc. They were hardly engaged in the club other than 2 hours on a Saturday so certainly didn't have knowledge of the history of the club. it wasn't made mention to them by the club before they signed that 'beware we are an AAA club etc'
So the club failed to ever communicate in any form about the behavior expected from players and the ramifications of breaches?

Seems like that would have been the obvious starting point to culture change.

Every player who pulled on a SN jumper this year knew we were on sanctions. Coaches every week re-enforced the need to not be involved in any incident as it would cost the club and playing group. In the 1 game I had to pull on a jumper in C grade the coach spoke about it. If players say they knew nothing at all then maybe they need to listen to their coaches speeches.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:01 am

redyellow&blue wrote:One family member refuses to stop drink driving. Gets told again if you drink drive you will go to jail.

Same family member drinks again

Family member goes to jail, but also the kids, wife, grandparents and cousins.

Seems reasonable......not really.

and having the clubs vote on something as contraversial, rather then just allowed to give opinions is pretty ordinary, as clubs would not be thinking about whats best for the welfare of the rest of the players, just what benefit it is to them peronally - which is pretty selfish..

someone here said before, "SN agreed to the terms of the AAA"

Agreed terms mean jack S**T if the terms go outside of the law or whats deemed socially acceptable. Ie i doubt anyone in here would be happy with their childs school punishing your kid for somethig another child did... and the whole "you signed him at this school therefore you knew the risk" would'nt fly.

Collective punishment is illegal in the workplace.. considering we have to have insurance, subs, follow AFL rules etc etc....

So stopping all players would fall under cpollective punishment...and i seriously doubt the the league has the capacity to deal with 70+ players health and welfare issues....footy is an outlet for a lot of people... taking that away from soneone who has not done something wrong could land you in a dangerous legal minefield.

They are not stopping them playing, they are free to move to another competition
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Considering that nowhere have I written whether I agree or disagree with it one way or another.

What is your position on the matter, and for what reasons?

huh?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 263 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 am

Bigshow83

The players I knew never said it wasn't mentioned, they said when they signed to play they did not know what AAA was or that the club was on behavior sanctions or anything of the ilk.

This is one reason I think it is unfair on the innocent players. I was a player at a new club I would hardly be asking them about their behavior record. When it was brought up by the coached I wouldn't be going well stuff that I'm out of this club catch you later.

Funnily enough the player I know is an ex- state boxing champ and can be fairly hot heated at the best of times. From what I understand though he has been on best behavior every single week.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5648 times
Been liked: 2582 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:49 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
They are not stopping them playing, they are free to move to another competition

But they are being stopped from playing in their current competition correct?
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:51 am

redyellow&blue wrote:

Yep, but football exists outside the Adelaide Footy League

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:51 am

redyellow&blue wrote:

Correct.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:52 am

Why did the clubs have to vote re player transfers from Salisbury North but not get to vote on whether they should get kicked out?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby Wasim1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:58 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Why did the clubs have to vote re player transfers from Salisbury North but not get to vote on whether they should get kicked out?

Because it suited those at Thebarton and took the heat off of them!! A token gesture in having the clubs make the hard call.
Wasim1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 am

the joker wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:
carey wrote:Stengle down graded to 5 weeks.

Incorrect reduced to 6 games
Wasim1 wrote:
carey wrote:Stengle down graded to 5 weeks.

No sir, down to 6 games

Double reply!!
wasim is completely wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that because he is missing some didgets on his hands :lol: (Wasin Akram joke)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4305 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:01 pm

The Bedge's Proposal
* Players who have played majority A grade games over the past two years only eligible for inter-league transfer if moving to D1, D2 or D3.
* Those players carry a 3 point rating for the remainder of the season.
* All other players eligible for inter-league transfer, maximum 2 players per club, carry a 2 point rating for the remainder of the season.
* All players transferred internally carry a 25% loading on all penalties if found guilty at the tribunal in 2018.

Problem solved, play on.

Majority of the A graders have already moved onto other leagues anyway, so wont be many players left available (from the A grade) that would move anyway.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 pm

whufc wrote:Bigshow83

The players I knew never said it wasn't mentioned, they said when they signed to play they did not know what AAA was or that the club was on behavior sanctions or anything of the ilk.

This is one reason I think it is unfair on the innocent players. I was a player at a new club I would hardly be asking them about their behavior record. When it was brought up by the coached I wouldn't be going well stuff that I'm out of this club catch you later.

Funnily enough the player I know is an ex- state boxing champ and can be fairly hot heated at the best of times. From what I understand though he has been on best behavior every single week.

I feel for all the new blokes and juniors that have come out this season.

I find it hard to believe the players never heard about it as I had heard it mentioned every time I was at a C grade game.

Im unsure but doubt the club had it in its sanctions that if the club did break its AAA the players would be unable to join another local club. So as long as it was enforced to the players that the club could not afford reports/send offs which I know the club did then Im not sure what more they could have done.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Optional extension to The Bedge's Proposal
* Clubs who wish to recruit a player from SNFC pay a nominal fee to the league for the acquisition of those players.
* Funds obtained from recruited players dispersed evenly amongst the D2 clubs who miss out on a home game for the remainder of the season.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League