6%
Salisbury
1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 pm

S Demon wrote:Will the player be attending? Given that he has been given his marching orders, will he even bother? Could make things worse if he doesn't attend

If he ever intends on playing football again I'm sure he will, he'd get maximum if he didn't.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 2:40 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Eastern Park have hired Super Lawyer Shrek. Old mate is now paying $1.20 to be found not guilty.

That was going to be my thoughts on saving him, especially considering it was against Shrek's side.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Eastern Park have hired Super Lawyer Shrek. Old mate is now paying $1.20 to be found not guilty.

I remember approaching the super lawyer last year, and the free feedback I was given was "to be honest I reckon you'd be better off getting someone the tribunal liked better.." :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby S Demon » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That was going to be my thoughts on saving him, especially considering it was against Shrek's side.

I'm sure the tribunal will ask why exactly the club has sacked him and in the same breath ask why the tribunal should then be lenient..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Is it a given that being on a AAA means the amount of games suspension = the amount of points lost in each team at the club, or is there some wriggle room for the Executive based on how EP have dealt with the matter since the incident?

The loss of Premiership points is an interesting conundrum for relegation and promotion. Has Modbury been done any favours by remaining in Division 1 when they would have been relegated if not for Salisbury North losing points? Would Modbury have been better served by rebuilding in Division 2 this season rather than having another difficult slog in Division 1 (noting both A & B grades are winless). Could something completely out of their control only serve to set them back even further than if they were competing in Division 2 in 2018?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Minion Master » Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:EP will be lucky if their season is still alive after tomorrow night.. they'll be hard pressed to avoid relegation let alone be a contender.

Gonna be hard being -2 after 6 rounds.

So you're tipping he'll get 8 games?

Unfortunately for Eastern Park, yes. Hopefully the actions that the club have taken will reduce their punishment.

what decisive action have they taken besides selective deregistration, player last year cost them points but wasn't deregistered, why?
If you're going to have a rule then implement the rule so all concerned know the actions and consequences, regardless of who the player is, otherwise you're not really serious about cleaning up poor on field behaviour and it's only a token gesture when they get caught out.
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Minion Master » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Is it a given that being on a AAA means the amount of games suspension = the amount of points lost in each team at the club, or is there some wriggle room for the Executive based on how EP have dealt with the matter since the incident?

The loss of Premiership points is an interesting conundrum for relegation and promotion. Has Modbury been done any favours by remaining in Division 1 when they would have been relegated if not for Salisbury North losing points? Would Modbury have been better served by rebuilding in Division 2 this season rather than having another difficult slog in Division 1 (noting both A & B grades are winless). Could something completely out of their control only serve to set them back even further than if they were competing in Division 2 in 2018?

EP & all sides in a similar situation should have a points penalty applied for the breach/s but not be relegated at seasons end, instead should be eighth on the ladder and allow sides that need to be relegated/promoted to follow the system.
If they've got an excess of lost points they start the next season same division on minus points.
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Minion Master wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately for Eastern Park, yes. Hopefully the actions that the club have taken will reduce their punishment.

what decisive action have they taken besides selective deregistration, player last year cost them points but wasn't deregistered, why?
If you're going to have a rule then implement the rule so all concerned know the actions and consequences, regardless of who the player is, otherwise you're not really serious about cleaning up poor on field behaviour and it's only a token gesture when they get caught out.

Yeah. I didn't say baby them, perhaps not smash them to pieces, they are obviously pissing into a tornado here.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby wonder_kid » Wed May 16, 2018 4:17 pm

The problem is that once you are a club that is highlighted as a trouble club you tend to get terrible yellow cards i watched a game earlier in the year where an ep player got a yellow for pretty much an offense that warranted a free kick only. Yes they put themselves in this position but some umpires are very trigger happy to give unwarranted yellows.. i know ep impose a 1 week suspension for all yellow cards. To say they havent done anything to clean the club up is a pretty dumb and ill informed comment. I know willow is working his backside off to try and change things at ep
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Minion Master » Wed May 16, 2018 6:39 pm

wonder_kid wrote:The problem is that once you are a club that is highlighted as a trouble club you tend to get terrible yellow cards i watched a game earlier in the year where an ep player got a yellow for pretty much an offense that warranted a free kick only. Yes they put themselves in this position but some umpires are very trigger happy to give unwarranted yellows.. i know ep impose a 1 week suspension for all yellow cards. To say they havent done anything to clean the club up is a pretty dumb and ill informed comment. I know willow is working his backside off to try and change things at ep

sorry WK my comment is well informed and far from dumb, they have a rule that is not completely applied when it's broken, rather they look at the player involved and then bend the rules if it's someone they want to keep example the guy last year and agree some yellows have been pretty trivial but reds are suspensions and points lost so don't have a rule if your not gonna follow it otherwise you're just taking the piss
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby wonder_kid » Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Different coach this year tho...
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Minion Master » Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Different coach this year tho...

you mentioned willow and he was there last year pulling the strings, so nothing has changed and they look at the player and not the rule breach
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby bubba love » Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 am

What was the result from the tribunal?
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby jake the snake » Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am

7 for the umpires report

Investigation adjourned until next week
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm

I see ol' mate Brad Batten on the tribunal list again. Didn't he only just come back from his last stint?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

jake the snake wrote:7 for the umpires report

I just saw on Facebook the advertiser stating he cost the club 7 points as he has been rubbed out for 7 games
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
jake the snake wrote:7 for the umpires report

I just saw on Facebook the advertiser stating he cost the club 7 points as he has been rubbed out for 7 games

Two reports
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jo172 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I see ol' mate Brad Batten on the tribunal list again. Didn't he only just come back from his last stint?

Did that tip him over 12?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby S Demon » Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I see ol' mate Brad Batten on the tribunal list again. Didn't he only just come back from his last stint?

Two Pooraka players with 3 games total. Does that cost them points as well?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 pm

S Demon wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Two Pooraka players with 3 games total. Does that cost them points as well?

Salisbury looking to make out like bandits
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League