SAAFL - Division 3

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the Division 3 premiership?

Athelstone
32%
Eastern Park
5%
Flinders Park
8%
Old Ignatians
11%
Payneham NU
5%
Pembroke OS
11%
Pooraka
5%
Prince Alfred OC
No votes
Salisbury
11%
Walkerville
13%

Total votes : 38

Postby carey » Thu May 25, 2006 10:04 pm

she wants to know if your doing education , spot and rec. or human movment ?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby duncs7 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:12 pm

Im doin Education, are we talkin Mawson Lakes here or City East?
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pag » Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 pm

Education.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby duncs7 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:29 pm

Im doin Bach Ed - Primary and Middle years. @ Mawson.
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 pm

duncs7 wrote:Im doin Bach Ed - Primary and Middle years. @ Mawson.

Yeah exact same duncs. What year are ya?
Pag
Coach

Postby duncs7 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:37 pm

Im external this semester same as last. But im 3rd yearainly still doin some 2nd year stuff. Im doin a Bach Arts 2
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby duncs7 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:38 pm

I think i know who u are, and if im right ill see u in Group dynamics next semester
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Thu May 25, 2006 10:41 pm

Nah, I'm only 17, doing first year straight out of Year 12. I don't have Group Dynamics til 2008.
Pag
Coach

Postby duncs7 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:45 pm

oh ok. :lol: Good luck then man. Trust me 1st year is so easy. Wait till next year :evil:
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby blublurag » Fri May 26, 2006 1:47 pm

This weeks games...

02:15 PM Pembroke OS v Pooraka Proposed Haslam Oval Pembroke School, 43
02:15 PM Athelstone v Prince Alfred OC Proposed Torrens Valley Oval, 3
02:15 PM Payneham NU v Old Ignatians Proposed Payneham Oval, 49
02:15 PM Flinders Park v Salisbury Proposed Flinders Park Oval, 17
02:15 PM Walkerville v Eastern Park Proposed Walkerville Recreation Ground, 71

My tips...Pembroke OS, Athelstone, Payneham NU, Flinders Park, Walkerville

Some interesting games here...especially for those teams at the middle of the ladder. A win for Flinders Park would also see them push a bit closer to that group of 4.

Also, did anyone see Athelstone coach Tod Barabas on Grassroots last night? I thought the interview came over pretty well.

Still on Grassroots, how many Clubs do Eastern Park think have got the pokies. It seems as though they think every club in Div 1 and Div 2. For the record, there are only 6 Clubs with pokies in SAAFL (Pooraka D3, Athelstone D3, Salisbury West D4, Gaza D1 (I think they still have them), Gepps Cross D2 and Salisbury North D1) and only 1 of them would be considered as making a really good go of it (Salisbury North).

So, to you Eastern Parkers, don't use 'no pokies' as a reason not to achieve a higher level.

Who was that idiot clowning around behind the camera during an interview with the sponsorship coordinator. Unbelievable.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby cruzn9 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:18 pm

[quote="blublurag"]
Also, did anyone see Athelstone coach Tod Barabas on Grassroots last night? I thought the interview came over pretty well.
quote]

If you know of anyone that tape it, blubluag - can you T it up for me so i can see it.
Thanks mate
cruzn9
Rookie

Postby blublurag » Fri May 26, 2006 2:21 pm

Cruzn9, I've got the DVD at the Club.

Cheers.
blublurag
Under 16s

Postby grassroots31 » Fri May 26, 2006 4:38 pm

While Eastern Park may haven't got the Pokie thing exact one thing that was obvious from visiting there is how much they do for the juniors

The main point of the interview that I got out of it is they probably are the biggest club in the north in terms of how many footballers of all ages they put on the park yet they have outgrown the little shed they possess on dwight reserve

Does any other clubs have any legends of the Lindsay Lawrence ilk ie 50 year old, 450 games still running around

Any identities that would be good for an interview let us know at mailto:grassroots31@yahoo.com.au

The bloke clowning around was just the Eastern Park Fitzy and too piss funny to edit out
grassroots31

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 26, 2006 5:28 pm

grassroots31 wrote:While Eastern Park may haven't got the Pokie thing exact one thing that was obvious from visiting there is how much they do for the juniors

The main point of the interview that I got out of it is they probably are the biggest club in the north in terms of how many footballers of all ages they put on the park yet they have outgrown the little shed they possess on dwight reserve

Does any other clubs have any legends of the Lindsay Lawrence ilk ie 50 year old, 450 games still running around

Any identities that would be good for an interview let us know at mailto:grassroots31@yahoo.com.au

The bloke clowning around was just the Eastern Park Fitzy and too piss funny to edit out

Yeah, ours is almost 40, played about a million games and still plays A grade... guess who?? :wink:
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2173 times

Postby cruzn9 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:32 pm

grassroots31 wrote:The main point of the interview that I got out of it is they (Eastern Park) probably are the biggest club in the north in terms of how many footballers of all ages they put on the park yet they have outgrown the little shed they possess on dwight reserve

Well I dont know if you can look at this as a good thing or bad thing.
I sure hope you have some good influential people out there coaching your jnr's. I think its great that eastern park have great numbers out there through there juniors but
If Easton Park jnrs turn out to be anything like your Div 3 A grade side
They better start building more hospitals & hiring more Doctors because all they do is throw punchies. (what a waste of good talent)
Nothing against your A grade coach - I understand he would like his players to go in hard for the ball but to whack players behind play & at the bottom of the pack, is just not on. I recall your coach spraying his players at qtr time & half time of the eastern park vs athelstone game for stupid sh*t that cost his side dearly that day.
If i recall correctly - that was a 100 point ass whooping that day

All the best to all the sides this week - Cruzn9
cruzn9
Rookie

Postby blublurag » Fri May 26, 2006 6:52 pm

FalconChick, that would be the great Scott Darrington.
blublurag
Under 16s

Postby blublurag » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:59 am

A bit quiet this week on the forum.

Pag, going by the paper, you'd be back in the A's this week I am guessing?

This weeks games...

02:15 PM Prince Alfred OC v Pembroke OS Park 9, 44
02:15 PM Eastern Park v Flinders Park Dwight Reserve, 12
02:15 PM Salisbury v Payneham NU Salisbury Oval, 61
02:15 PM Pooraka v Athelstone Lindblom Park, 51
02:15 PM Old Ignatians v Walkerville Hunter Park (railways) West Tc, 39

My tips...Pembroke OS (in a close one), Eastern Park, Payneham NU, Athelstone, Old Ignatians
blublurag
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:46 pm

blublurag wrote:A bit quiet this week on the forum.

Pag, going by the paper, you'd be back in the A's this week I am guessing?

This weeks games...

02:15 PM Prince Alfred OC v Pembroke OS Park 9, 44
02:15 PM Eastern Park v Flinders Park Dwight Reserve, 12
02:15 PM Salisbury v Payneham NU Salisbury Oval, 61
02:15 PM Pooraka v Athelstone Lindblom Park, 51
02:15 PM Old Ignatians v Walkerville Hunter Park (railways) West Tc, 39

My tips...Pembroke OS (in a close one), Eastern Park, Payneham NU, Athelstone, Old Ignatians

Looking forward to giving pag a friendly squirt with the water bottle tomorrow. we are without a few, so this game wont be a gimmee by any means....
Footy Chick

Postby Pag » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:38 pm

Yeah got back in after not doing much for the first seven weeks, got a little bit of touch back which is good. We had a real crack at them, we were up by 4 goals at quarter-time and half-time but Payneham just overran us in the third quarter, kicked 8 goals to 1 and that was that. Quality side though, they just had that extra gear when we thought we might've had them on the ropes. Kane Irvine just kept getting it, quality player. Tyson Burrows was good too, ran with him for a bit while I was on the footy and the bloke knows where to run to get the footy. FalconChick gave me a drink in the last quarter too, which was very nice of her... :D

We had 5 blokes play their first A-grade game yesterday so to be leading them til halfway through the third quarter was a pretty good effort by our boys, we just got outdone by a better side in the end. We've got 8 guys to come back in after the break so we're hoping that if we can stay relatively good on the injury front we'll win a few on the way home.

None of the other results really surpised me too much, besides Pooraka getting as close to Athelstone as they did? Anyone know what the story was there, I thought that had the potential to get very ugly for Pooraka?
Pag
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:58 am

Pag wrote:Yeah got back in after not doing much for the first seven weeks, got a little bit of touch back which is good. We had a real crack at them, we were up by 4 goals at quarter-time and half-time but Payneham just overran us in the third quarter, kicked 8 goals to 1 and that was that. Quality side though, they just had that extra gear when we thought we might've had them on the ropes. Kane Irvine just kept getting it, quality player. Tyson Burrows was good too, ran with him for a bit while I was on the footy and the bloke knows where to run to get the footy. FalconChick gave me a drink in the last quarter too, which was very nice of her... :D

We had 5 blokes play their first A-grade game yesterday so to be leading them til halfway through the third quarter was a pretty good effort by our boys, we just got outdone by a better side in the end. We've got 8 guys to come back in after the break so we're hoping that if we can stay relatively good on the injury front we'll win a few on the way home.

None of the other results really surpised me too much, besides Pooraka getting as close to Athelstone as they did? Anyone know what the story was there, I thought that had the potential to get very ugly for Pooraka?

Besides Athelstone, it was the most competition we'd had all year, and things didnt look too good there for a while. Salisbury are a quality side and their position on the ladder at the second doesnt reflect the way they play their footy. Pag played a great game and kept a few of our boys quiet in the first half, well done Pag.
Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League