3 Hope Valley
4 Kilburn
5 Pooraka

6 Westminster
7 Eastern Park
8 Glenunga
9 Salisbury
10 Hectorville

Kenilworth will be hard to beat this year. a lot of in and a new coach.If they can use their big ground to their advantage they will run teams off their feet.
Top 5 are very strong teams this year, with Westminster being a big danger throughout the year.

Eastern Park will struggle this year, depth and fitness is a big concern there i would say

The bottom 3 clubs seem to be common choices for everyone, is ther any reasoning behind it?

Glenunga struggled last year and will need another year to consolidate before pushing finals.
Salisbury from all reports are looking to struggle this season
Hectorville have been struggling in div 4 for the past 3 years and now look to be the weakest team in the comp.
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Burras wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Burras wrote:I'll have a crack

1 Kenilworth
2 North Haven
3 Hope Valley
4 Kilburn
5 Pooraka

6 Westminster
7 Eastern Park
8 Glenunga
9 Salisbury
10 Hectorville

Kenilworth will be hard to beat this year. a lot of in and a new coach.If they can use their big ground to their advantage they will run teams off their feet.
Top 5 are very strong teams this year, with Westminster being a big danger throughout the year.

Eastern Park will struggle this year, depth and fitness is a big concern there i would say

The bottom 3 clubs seem to be common choices for everyone, is ther any reasoning behind it?

Glenunga struggled last year and will need another year to consolidate before pushing finals.

Hectorville have been struggling in div 4 for the past 3 years and now look to be the weakest team in the comp.

These were the reasons behind me having Heccies and the Rams in my bottom three prediction.

And in regards with posters having us in their top 3- I did some reading and whilst I believe we can make the top 5 this season history suggests the grand finalists from Div 5 (since 2008- Golden Grove, Greenacres, Pultney, WOS, Heccies, Elizabeth, Plympton, Salisbury West, Hope Valley, Brahma Lodge, Kenilworth and Woodville South, add Glenunga in this group aswell) have not gone on to make the top 3 the next season in Div 4. It shows clubs have taken at least a season to consolidate themselves in the Div before looking to build again and really push for top 2/3, or gone straight back down.

Well apart from Brahma who after gaining promotion finished 4th then had an amazing finals run but 2 years later now find themselves in Div 6.

This is why I've got Hope Valley on top and as the team to beat, they've now had 2 years to consolidate, get better and gain experience in Div 4 to push for top 2.

Perhaps this season we can become the exception to previous history, I certainly hope so haha! It's obviously going to be a huge test.

WOS just need to make the 5, flick the on switch come finals time and will go on to win the flag haha.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10428 times
Been liked: 1544 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby S Demon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:38 am

I looked at North Haven's INS adding to a grand final side - Bow, Haythorpe, Rowe from Salisbury West, Merrett from Port Districts, Brock Day from Hummocks, Alec Bray from Central Broken Hill and Jack McCafferty from Port Magpies, just to name a few...

Plus a shite load of clearances in to add to your depth. You guys will be right up there
Last edited by S Demon on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:56 am

Robb_Stark wrote:id assume you will be going in nearly full strenght nothing less then that will be a tuff game

see Virginia beat Kilburn by 7 goals

They should touch up Barossa Districts. Wooden spoon certainties in the BL&G this year, cant see them even being competitive
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:id assume you will be going in nearly full strenght nothing less then that will be a tuff game

They should touch up Barossa Districts. Wooden spoon certainties in the BL&G this year, cant see them even being competitive

We play them in a trial this Saturday, will be interesting to see the difference between a Div 4 team and a Wooden Spooner BLG team.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:15 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

We play them in a trial this Saturday, will be interesting to see the difference between a Div 4 team and a Wooden Spooner BLG team.

Will be interesting to see how they go, wooden spooners last year and have lost several decent players in the off season. Havnt heard of them picking up many either
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:20 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

We play them in a trial this Saturday, will be interesting to see the difference between a Div 4 premiership favourite and a Wooden Spooner BLG team.

Correction
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Follower » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Burras wrote:
Boosh wrote:

1 Kenilworth
2 North Haven
3 Hope Valley
4 Kilburn
5 Pooraka

6 Westminster
7 Eastern Park
8 Glenunga
9 Salisbury
10 Hectorville

Salisbury from all reports are looking to struggle this season

Good to see people are giving a bit of insite behind their predictions rather than just guessing. I have nothing to do with this division so this is completely unbiased. The difference in div3 to div 4 is significant, so I think the fact that Salisbury have been battling in division 3 does not necessarily mean they will also struggle in division 4. Salisbury have always been a proud club and have not given in to throwing money around to buy premierships like some other clubs that have been mentioned on here. Therefore they will normally keep most of their players and most likely gain some new ones. They will at worst middle of the pack IMO
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:48 am

I think I'll go out and check the Kilburn v West Croydon trial game tomorrow.

Man, I've missed footy...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3309 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Boosh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:35 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

We play them in a trial this Saturday, will be interesting to see the difference between a Div 4 premiership favourite and a Wooden Spooner BLG team.

Correction

Oh Mr Beefy, nothing gets past you.

What's that mean if your boys beat us next week?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:57 am

It means it's your shout after the game
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby WOS Dragons » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Westminster are playing Langhorne Creek tomorrow in a 6 qtr trial. Should be a good hit out. Looking forward to some country hospitality.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Boosh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:It means it's your shout after the game

In that case I might actually run then
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Boosh wrote:

1 Kenilworth
2 North Haven
3 Hope Valley
4 Kilburn
5 Pooraka

6 Westminster
7 Eastern Park
8 Glenunga
9 Salisbury
10 Hectorville

No way Hectorville will finish bottom 3 pushed some top teams last year expect an improvement
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby beef » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Salisbury lost to half a nuriootpa side today by about 9 goals. Looks like everything written on here is true.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 257 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Pretty good second trial for us yesterday against Barossa Districts, we won easily in the B's with what would of been a very inaccurate looking scoreboard for us. Our defensive efforts and contested footy was alot better than last week.

In the A grade Barossa came out and blitzed us in the first quarter, our boys hardly got their hands on it. After quarter time we were able to peg it back and there wouldn't of been much in it at the final siren, it was reasonably scrappy with some good ball movement from our boys in the last half. Like the B's the defensive efforts and contested footy was an improvement on last week I thought. Still alot of work to be done as the side looks to gel better heading towards round 1.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby HH3 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:23 pm

TDK pretty handy in the back pocket. Id get rid of his magnet and permanent marker him in there. Good work mate.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:04 pm

HH3 wrote:TDK pretty handy in the back pocket. Id get rid of his magnet and permanent marker him in there. Good work mate.

I hear he is Gavin Wanganeen-esque
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby S Demon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:13 pm

The SW boys killed it. Rowey brought his own footy. Haythorpe not far behind him.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:02 am

Q. wrote:
HH3 wrote:TDK pretty handy in the back pocket. Id get rid of his magnet and permanent marker him in there. Good work mate.

I hear he is Gavin Wanganeen-esque

LOL piss off.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League