23%
St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby WingerFC » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Bluedemon wrote:My mail is that Salisbury North have realised over the weekend they might have been too smart for their own good by appealing Stengle’s case.

Apparently when they lodged their “show cause” letter at the end of last year, to show how they were going to address behavioural concerns, they told the league that any player caught intentionally striking would be given the boot for good.

Now when they apply to join in 2019, The league will probably ask if they’ve stuck to their own internal conditions let alone the leagues.

Mmm, imagine sacking one of their favourite sons. There’ll be burning of effigies on Bagster Rd

What? so don't appeal and make him wear a life ban instead of the opportunity to play somewhere else if that be the case?? :roll: Im sure when all the dust settles he will be thankful they went in to bat for him even if it means he plays out his career elsewhere.
Funny how when it went back to the tribunal they said they failed to take into account his good record (12 years without incidence) so they reduced it to 5 from 8. What bunch of muppets doesn't consider that when handing down a sentence. Anyway it made for good theatre.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby overs » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:25 pm

marbles wrote:iggies new oval looking great, they shouldve built parking around the oval

It's a SACA facility in conjunction with Adelaide City Council. Iggies had no control over that sort of thing. The Parklands committee would absolutely never allow parking around the eastern wing. There's good reason the old SACA rooms we used temporarily last season were knocked down straight away and need to be returned to parklands.

Parking has always been an issue. There is another carpark being constructed on the northern side of the facility with entry likely from Port Rd. No idea about timeframe on that though.

Warm regards,
Overs
overs
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Its no biggy really. Most metro ovals dont have parking around the ovals

Just dont bring in womens teams else therell be no time for locals to walk there dogs

What the bugger are they building on the eastern side

Regards
Marbles 007
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby overs » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:33 am

marbles wrote:Its no biggy really. Most metro ovals dont have parking around the ovals

Just dont bring in womens teams else therell be no time for locals to walk there dogs

What the bugger are they building on the eastern side

Regards
Marbles 007

Currently our Women's team plays on the back oval (Park 25 #2) but play special occasion matches on the main oval (Karen Rolton Oval).
The park lands in the area are abundant so plenty of space for people to walk dogs, kick balls, throw frisbees etc, while matches are in progress. We have had matches played at the same time on 2 of the ovals and there's still plenty of room out the back for teams to warm up or the public to walk dogs etc and that's even with most of the park still a construction site.

Regarding what is happening on the eastern wing side, to save a large copy and paste here is a link to give you an idea of the councils vision for Park 25

https://yourfutureadelaide.com.au/proje ... rban-park/

Also worth note, as far as I'm aware there is no access to the grounds from the Port Rd side until the construction fencing is removed. Have had some visiting teams park on Gaol Rd to walk across only to find that there's no access. Car park access is only from Glover Ave/ Henley Beach Rd.

Hope this information clarifies things.
overs
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:57 am

Interested in why SN haven't had their points stripped off them on Sporting Pulse and still currently sit 6th still on the ladder?
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:Interested in why SN haven't had their points stripped off them on Sporting Pulse and still currently sit 6th still on the ladder?

Nature will just take its course over the next 5 weeks I'd say.

Either that, or its' just administrative.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Love a rumour » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am

How the **** does the league give a bloke 8 games then it gets appealed & it goes down to 5!! Obviously didn’t hand down the correct penalty the first time i think there should be answers to why they were so wrong or is it just cause he’s a salisbury north player?
Love a rumour
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby WingerFC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:17 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Interested in why SN haven't had their points stripped off them on Sporting Pulse and still currently sit 6th still on the ladder?

The penalty wasn't getting points stripped as it has been in the past. The penalty handed down was expulsion. Will make things interesting if both Golden Grove and Old Igs do not pass 5 wins. If SN are to re-enter the league next year you would think it will be where ever they end up after Rnd 18 - if they are 8th then should be back in Div 2. If GG or Old Igs win enough then they will be relegated.
WingerFC
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 am

WingerFC wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

The penalty wasn't getting points stripped as it has been in the past. The penalty handed down was expulsion. Will make things interesting if both Golden Grove and Old Igs do not pass 5 wins. If SN are to re-enter the league next year you would think it will be where ever they end up after Rnd 18 - if they are 8th then should be back in Div 2. If GG or Old Igs win enough then they will be relegated.

That was my third guess - because I reckon the same happened when Rosewater were suspended, with the difference being that they weren't on an AAA before that though

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 am

WingerFC wrote:

Personally, I'd sooner see them in div. 2 if they are allowed re-entry, I know we all thought they'd tear div. 2 a new one this season but I'm sure they'll have the right heads running the show next season to be more than competitive regardless of which division they are playing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:26 am

Love a rumour wrote:How the **** does the league give a bloke 8 games then it gets appealed & it goes down to 5!! Obviously didn’t hand down the correct penalty the first time i think there should be answers to why they were so wrong or is it just cause he’s a salisbury north player?

I think everyone is happy to take a win on the matter, the AdFL included.

I don't think Salisbury North were appealing the report, only the severity of the outcome it seems, the correct outcome was achieved in my eyes.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

Personally, I'd sooner see them in div. 2 if they are allowed re-entry, I know we all thought they'd tear div. 2 a new one this season but I'm sure they'll have the right heads running the show next season to be more than competitive regardless of which division they are playing.

who says theyre straight back in next year?

therell be a vacancy in Div 3 next year therell be SFL clubs knocking on that door as well
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:53 am

marbles wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

therell be a vacancy in Div 3 next year therell be SFL clubs knocking on that door as well

Which SFL club is keen to discard their Saturday juniors?
Not sure you would place Hackham in Div 3
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 pm

marbles wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

Did I?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
marbles wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

Did I?

meh. i forget already.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 pm

marbles wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Did I?

meh. i forget already.

Well you replied to my comment.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:21 pm

dude who cares the point is are they straight back in next year, again.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:31 pm

marbles wrote:dude who cares the point is are they straight back in next year, again.

NO, they're not automatically back in next year.

Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
marbles wrote:dude who cares the point is are they straight back in next year, again.

NO, they're not automatically back in next year.

Thank you.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby WingerFC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
WingerFC wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

That was my third guess - because I reckon the same happened when Rosewater were suspended, with the difference being that they weren't on an AAA before that though

If having the points stripped was meant to be part of the punishment then it should have been packaged up with the other sentence. Still wouldn't surprise me though if it was slipped in for good measure.
Marbles your on fire! IF SN are going to resubmit their application for a licence and its accepted then id say they will be in what ever div their position at the end of the year dictates.
WingerFC
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League