20%
Smithfield
7%
Tea Tree Gully
6%

Total votes : 141

Re: SAAFL Division 7 & D7R (2012)

Postby The Riddler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 am

TOSSER wrote:If SHOC do stay down I think that means IF stay in Div 6 if that's what they want. Henley finished bottom of Div 6 this year so they will be in Div 7 too.

I think rule stats IF can't stay up again after finising two years in a row in the relegation zone and declining to go down last year.
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby TOSSER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 am

The Riddler wrote:
TOSSER wrote:If SHOC do stay down I think that means IF stay in Div 6 if that's what they want. Henley finished bottom of Div 6 this year so they will be in Div 7 too.

I think rule stats IF can't stay up again after finising two years in a row in the relegation zone and declining to go down last year.

I wasn't aware of that rule but can see reasons for and against it. To be honest SHOC should be made to go up IMO.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby The Riddler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 am

TOSSER wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

I wasn't aware of that rule but can see reasons for and against it. To be honest SHOC should be made to go up IMO.

Here's what FC put on the Div 6 thread

37.5: Either of the Member Clubs playing off in the Grand Final may choose not to be promoted
in the following season provided that such an option has not been exercised by that
Member Club in the previous season and that a Member Club occupying either of the
lowest two positions on the premiership table at the end of the minor round of matches in
the Division above the Member Clubs to be promoted chooses to remain in the same
Division for the following season
provided such Member Club has not exercised this option
in the previous season.
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby X Runna » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 am

TOSSER wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

Rule 37.5 here: http://saafl.asn.au/post/resources/rules-regulations click on the download link.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Riddler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:39 am

X Runna wrote:
TOSSER wrote:I wasn't aware of that rule but can see reasons for and against it. To be honest SHOC should be made to go up IMO.

Rule 37.5 here: http://saafl.asn.au/post/resources/rules-regulations click on the download link.

So if IF can't stay up, Henley will obviously go down and with SHOC staying put does Angle Vale then get asked if they want to join Div 6?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby X Runna » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 am

The Riddler wrote:
X Runna wrote:
TOSSER wrote:I wasn't aware of that rule but can see reasons for and against it. To be honest SHOC should be made to go up IMO.

So if IF can't stay up, Henley will obviously go down and with SHOC staying put does Angle Vale then get asked if they want to join Div 6?

The way I read it, if Ingle Farm can't stay up, then SHOC can not stay down. There is nothing said about 3rd bottom team & etc.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby red strip roo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:00 am

X Runna wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
X Runna wrote:

The way I read it, if Ingle Farm can't stay up, then SHOC can not stay down. There is nothing said about 3rd bottom team & etc.

I thought that you can win a flag & request to stay down, but if the same happens season after you must go up?? About time saafl showed some n uts.... make them go up
red strip roo
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby zedman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 am

if shoc stay down, ingle farm have to go down, henley can be offered the chance to stay up and if declined one still has to come up which would be offered to the 3rd team angle vale, so it could be angle vale and mawson up, ingle farm and henley down..thats the way i read it..henley may decide to stay in div 6 if offered and then only mawson comes up
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby TOSSER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:14 am

Rule 37.5 here: http://saafl.asn.au/post/resources/rules-regulations click on the download link.[/quote]
So if IF can't stay up, Henley will obviously go down and with SHOC staying put does Angle Vale then get asked if they want to join Div 6?[/quote]

The way I read it, if Ingle Farm can't stay up, then SHOC can not stay down. There is nothing said about 3rd bottom team & etc.[/quote]
I thought that you can win a flag & request to stay down, but if the same happens season after you must go up?? About time saafl showed some n uts.... make them go up[/quote]

I don't think SHOC made GF in 2010. I think it was Adelaide Uni and Central United. Therefore this is the first year they would be exercising their right to stay put. Having said all that, I'm with you Red Strip - SAAFL needs to tell them what they should do - not ask them want they want to do.
TOSSER
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby Executive Member » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:28 am

TOSSER wrote:Rule 37.5 here: http://saafl.asn.au/post/resources/rules-regulations click on the download link.

So if IF can't stay up, Henley will obviously go down and with SHOC staying put does Angle Vale then get asked if they want to join Div 6?[/quote]

The way I read it, if Ingle Farm can't stay up, then SHOC can not stay down. There is nothing said about 3rd bottom team & etc.[/quote]
I thought that you can win a flag & request to stay down, but if the same happens season after you must go up?? About time saafl showed some n uts.... make them go up[/quote]

I don't think SHOC made GF in 2010. I think it was Adelaide Uni and Central United. Therefore this is the first year they would be exercising their right to stay put. Having said all that, I'm with you Red Strip - SAAFL needs to tell them what they should do - not ask them want they want to do.[/quote]

Have a close look at the rule
It stipulates you can only stay down providing a relegated team wants to stay up and that either team hasn't done it the year before
Henley are the only ones who can stay up if they choose not to then under the rule SHOC will go up
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:42 pm

As far as my understanding of it is, Ingle Farm have no choice but to go down.
Last season they took their ONE opportunity to stay up, now this year they must go down.
If SHOC decides to stay down, then 3rd place would be given the chance to go up a division ALA Kilburn a few years ago when Edwardstown moved to SFL.
I also believe SHOC only get the opportunity or chance to stay down if the sides in the division above elect to stay up - Ingle Farm have already done this last season.

Quite confusing! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 pm

The Riddler wrote:

Correct.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby lutz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:17 pm

TOSSER wrote:Rule 37.5 here: http://saafl.asn.au/post/resources/rules-regulations click on the download link.

I don't think SHOC made GF in 2010. I think it was Adelaide Uni and Central United. Therefore this is the first year they would be exercising their right to stay put. Having said all that, I'm with you Red Strip - SAAFL needs to tell them what they should do - not ask them want they want to do.[/quote]

TOSSER and RSR, if SHOC and Henley were A grade sides I'd completely agree with you. It is a BIG jump from D7 to D6, which makes it very hard for C grade teams to be competitive (Uni have done pretty well this year, but they'd prob have as many players as Henley and SHOC combined!).
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby old farmer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:36 pm

DKL wrote:
red strip roo wrote:Is it true that Ingle Farm looking for a b grade coach?? I hear the guy appointed for the b"s a month ago has already pulled the pin???
Any truth in this Half bank flanker

Cant see that being correct Red strip roo as the club has turned the corner and have 178 new players at the moment and can afford to lose any of the existing playing group as the recruits the have will cover anyone.

Things have changed big time at Ingle farm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a smart ass to down a club thats been down long enough, not bad considering you can't even put a club that you're associated with DKL. Good to see things looking up a IF and the coach seems very enthusiastic, can't complain about that. Maybe time to tone it down a bit now and let actions speak for themselves, Nov 21 should be the start of a good year, but lets see how it pans out first before we hail the start of a new era. All IF supporters have heard it all before and now want action.....As for who goes up and stays down, well put C and D grades in thier own grade, problem solved. I'm sure if someone put in some effort they can make 6 or 7 grades of A & B grade work, i'll do it for them if it's too hard....
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 112 times

Postby RRR » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:57 pm

lutz wrote:

TOSSER and RSR, if SHOC and Henley were A grade sides I'd completely agree with you. It is a BIG jump from D7 to D6, which makes it very hard for C grade teams to be competitive (Uni have done pretty well this year, but they'd prob have as many players as Henley and SHOC combined!).[/quote]

Exactly. Clubs should worry about their own A grade side before calling the SHOC "C" grade sandbaggers. Have a C & D grade comp....easy fixed and let the A grade sides play A grade sides.
RRR
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:26 am

old farmer wrote:Nothing like a smart ass to down a club thats been down long enough, not bad considering you can't even put a club that you're associated with DKL. Good to see things looking up a IF and the coach seems very enthusiastic, can't complain about that. Maybe time to tone it down a bit now and let actions speak for themselves, Nov 21 should be the start of a good year, but lets see how it pans out first before we hail the start of a new era. All IF supporters have heard it all before and now want action.....As for who goes up and stays down, well put C and D grades in thier own grade, problem solved. I'm sure if someone put in some effort they can make 6 or 7 grades of A & B grade work, i'll do it for them if it's too hard....

DKL = Mawson Lakes...
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby DKL » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:13 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
old farmer wrote:Nothing like a smart ass to down a club thats been down long enough, not bad considering you can't even put a club that you're associated with DKL. Good to see things looking up a IF and the coach seems very enthusiastic, can't complain about that. Maybe time to tone it down a bit now and let actions speak for themselves, Nov 21 should be the start of a good year, but lets see how it pans out first before we hail the start of a new era. All IF supporters have heard it all before and now want action.....As for who goes up and stays down, well put C and D grades in thier own grade, problem solved. I'm sure if someone put in some effort they can make 6 or 7 grades of A & B grade work, i'll do it for them if it's too hard....

DKL = Mawson Lakes...

Oh Phantom if only that was true, i guess we could put your club down but we wouldn't know which one you have jumped on board this season!
DKL
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 am

DKL wrote:DKL = Mawson Lakes...

Oh Phantom if only that was true, i guess we could put your club down but we wouldn't know which one you have jumped on board this season![/quote]
You can put down what ever club you like young pup 8)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 am

DKL wrote:Oh Phantom if only that was true!

I'm willing to bet it all that i'm right. I'm that confident I think I even know who you are.. ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby DKL » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
DKL wrote:Oh Phantom if only that was true!

I'm willing to bet it all that i'm right. I'm that confident I think I even know who you are.. ;)

Oh there is only one of us?
DKL
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League