3%
Salisbury North
34%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 111

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2013

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:56 am

Bluedemon wrote:I heard a rumour that Ben Nason is going to be joining Salisbury North next year. If it is true, is this the same Ben that played with Centrals this year?

Yes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby No.43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:Hearing of big losses. 5 at St Peters OC, 7 at Gaza, 4 at Henley and other D1 clubs. Players being lost to the country leagues, with big coin.

Heard names and figures. Country clubs are certainly targeting the top D1 clubs each year and throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them if all is true that I am hearing.

Anyone care to comment if true or just pre-season gossip

Have not hear about the others, but can confirm gazas exodous has started! And will b very surprised if it is on 7.... I hear walkerville, bordertown and moonta are clubs picking up at least two.... Walkies have signed 4 already.... All leaving with the common reason, the coach! To save the club maybe a new coach?
No.43
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Executive Member » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 pm

No.43 wrote:
Yardy Lard wrote:Hearing of big losses. 5 at St Peters OC, 7 at Gaza, 4 at Henley and other D1 clubs. Players being lost to the country leagues, with big coin.

Heard names and figures. Country clubs are certainly targeting the top D1 clubs each year and throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them if all is true that I am hearing.

Anyone care to comment if true or just pre-season gossip

Have not hear about the others, but can confirm gazas exodous has started! And will b very surprised if it is on 7.... I hear walkerville, bordertown and moonta are clubs picking up at least two.... Walkies have signed 4 already.... All leaving with the common reason, the coach! To save the club maybe a new coach?

Elizabeth will get at least 1
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby No.43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Is that boxer? I hear golden grove maybe looking to say something about that! I did a rough count with a (ex) player from there over the weekend; we got 15 from the A and Bs gone
No.43
Under 16s

Postby Executive Member » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 pm

No.43 wrote:Is that boxer? I hear golden grove maybe looking to say something about that! I did a rough count with a (ex) player from there over the weekend; we got 15 from the A and Bs gone

not sure they can match what Elizabeth are paying
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby No.43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Executive Member wrote:
No.43 wrote:Is that boxer? I hear golden grove maybe looking to say something about that! I did a rough count with a (ex) player from there over the weekend; we got 15 from the A and Bs gone

not sure they can match what Elizabeth are paying

What figure are we talkining Bout old mate? It is div 5 too
No.43
Under 16s

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:I heard a rumour that Ben Nason is going to be joining Salisbury North next year. If it is true, is this the same Ben that played with Centrals this year?

Yes.

That is a big drop. So in 2 years he will have gone from AFL to SAAFL then.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I know of the two names heading from Gaza to Bordertown, big losses.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby No.43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Yeah and the engine room will take a bit to replace those two!!
No.43
Under 16s

Postby footys the winner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Pag wrote:I know of the two names heading from Gaza to Bordertown, big losses.

Want to throw some names out pag?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Kerr and Stephens are the ones going out to Bordertown to join past gaza blokes already their.

And i have heard the same thing no.43 that the coach is the only problem as too why the players have left
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Yardy Lard » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Brayman19 wrote:Kerr and Stephens are the ones going out to Bordertown to join past gaza blokes already their.

And i have heard the same thing no.43 that the coach is the only problem as too why the players have left

Bit easy to always blame the coach. Would not be too many coaches around with the record of Grainger. A very astute man and a terrific game plan. If the players think he is too tough, then maybe the players need to look harder at themselves
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby BZB27 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:Kerr and Stephens are the ones going out to Bordertown to join past gaza blokes already their.

Bit easy to always blame the coach. Would not be too many coaches around with the record of Grainger. A very astute man and a terrific game plan. If the players think he is too tough, then maybe the players need to look harder at themselves

Heard that game plan and tactics are the problem there. Apparently doesnt have one.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Yardy Lard » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Brayman19 wrote:
Yardy Lard wrote:

Heard that game plan and tactics are the problem there. Apparently doesnt have one.

Would suggest that you and the people you are "hearing it from" Brayman have little clue then. Perhaps go and watch a game next year, and then you can learn something by watching. Take your note pad and borrow the Adelaide University video machine if you wish
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Postby BZB27 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:
Yardy Lard wrote:

Would suggest that you and the people you are "hearing it from" Brayman have little clue then. Perhaps go and watch a game next year, and then you can learn something by watching. Take your note pad and borrow the Adelaide University video machine if you wish

Mate ive seen them play, i know people who used to play there, i myself played there.
I personally never found anything wrong with Grangiers coaching but clearly lots of players do.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Smooth and creamy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Heard that game plan and tactics are the problem there. Apparently doesnt have one.[/quote]

Would suggest that you and the people you are "hearing it from" Brayman have little clue then. Perhaps go and watch a game next year, and then you can learn something by watching. Take your note pad and borrow the Adelaide University video machine if you wish[/quote]

Yardy lard its a forum and we are relaying what we have been told by players obviously at your club! There is no reason they would leave a club like gaza without and issue there! Clearly when you are going to lose that many and key players like captains.... Perhaps there is an issue, dont need to attack people when we are just answering questions
Smooth and creamy

Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I think there are always going to be players that leave a club because of a run in with a coach, however to hint that half a team has left for this reason is probably a bit over the top. The fact that played at almost every other ground in Adeladie except their own wouldn't have helped matters either.

Now I cant be certain - and BOP may want to confirm, but there's a fair chance that players would have been asked to take pay cuts would suggest that money is more of an idicator than Grainger himself.

But the story is always going to depend on who you hear it from I suppose.

and don't worry about YL - he's the only person in the world with any authority to speak on SAAFL according to him.... :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby bird of prey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm

i've been happy to just sit back and read posts from so called "gaza posters" and have a bit of a giggle to myself.

for the record, we lost one guy back to ttg (his home club, which there was no issue with him leaving, and he was honest about it and we respect him for that), and the rest are all scattering across the country leagues. i have a lot of love for all the guys that have left, and don't hold anything against them for deciding to do so.

the money being offered by some country clubs at the moment, as a few other div 1 clubs are finding out, is really hard for younger guys to refuse.

for the previous 2 years, 90% of our players signed half way through the season for the following year. and with the amount of talent we had (losing 1 game for the year and winning the premiership) , it was no wonder that the country clubs came hunting.

training and playing away from home all year this year hurt the morale side of things quite bad also, so it was always going to be hard to convince all the guys to stay together for another year.

for those of us that have re signed for next year (over half the side!!), we are waiting on signatures from a few former gaza players, and then pick up our 4-5 recruits, which will put our list back to where it needs to be in order to give the premiership a real shot.

so brayman has played under our coach, and has said that he didn't have a problem with him at all, but from what he "heard" is that everyone that's leaving does :shock:

and i think smooth and creamy needs to take gaza off his profile as teams supported, because you're obviously just a sh#t stirrer.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Smooth and creamy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Say what u like bird of pray, i have played under graing and i never had an issue personally i actually like the bloke and my last association with a club is gaza so il keep that there thanks mate! As i said previously i am puttin in a forum what the facts are! U will lose one to elizabeth, some to moonta and also boardertown and you will also lose some to walkerville! They are facts from the boys themselves! So you either do your background before posting or sit and read! Come round 1 you will see im spot on! If u disagree thats completely fine its your opinion but attcks like before wont stand well
Smooth and creamy

Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby BZB27 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Just coz i didnt have a problem with Granger doesnt mean other players dont and i know from a pretty good source why players are leaving. Money is a factor too.
BZB27
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League