Salisbury
1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:40 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
silver_lioning wrote:Mighty hounds isn’t flinders coach former smosh? Must be a bit of bad blood there and enjoy seeing them slide... You must be looking forward to finals after really letting it slip the past couple of years

I'm not sure how my comment has anything to do with our current coach but as i was involved that day i was speaking on behalf of myself :roll:
Losing all your good juniors, losing every week for 4 years and heading for div 5 i hope you've enjoyed the slide. :lol:

I’ve heard Smosh are throwing all their time and effort I trying to get a Div 1 women’s team up and running. Putting a proposal to the PAWFC girls next Wednesday
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Pag » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
silver_lioning wrote:Mighty hounds isn’t flinders coach former smosh? Must be a bit of bad blood there and enjoy seeing them slide... You must be looking forward to finals after really letting it slip the past couple of years

I'm not sure how my comment has anything to do with our current coach but as i was involved that day i was speaking on behalf of myself :roll:
Losing all your good juniors, losing every week for 4 years and heading for div 5 i hope you've enjoyed the slide. :lol:

I’ve heard Smosh are throwing all their time and effort I trying to get a Div 1 women’s team up and running. Putting a proposal to the PAWFC girls next Wednesday

Not a stupid idea on SMOSHs part. PAWFC are a club without a home at the minute.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:30 am

Pag wrote:Not a stupid idea on SMOSHs part. PAWFC are a club without a home at the minute.

Really? Not at Port Reserve anymore?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby silver_lioning » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:45 am

mighty hounds wrote:

I am not associated with SMOSH, however I do have some friends of the family who have been involved in the club. I believe the fact that they dont have $$ of other clubs due to their setup with the bar/club setup and are relying on mainly juniors and old scholars makes it harder for them. I'm sure last year Ainger alone for Flinders would have been on more than the entire SMOSH team. It's something they need to work out to turn things around IMO
silver_lioning
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Ardrossan

Postby bubba love » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 am

That’s not true, you reckon those blokes that came from the country to play for smosh last year wernt getting paid top dollar?
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby silver_lioning » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:15 am

yes 100% they would have been on way unders. I heard due to starting young families, knowing the coach and living around the corner were the main reasons. Both are now playing SANFL
silver_lioning
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Ardrossan

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:39 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
silver_lioning wrote:what happened at 'smosh hill' on the weekend that was so out of line Big Shrek?? I've ventured to kilburn previously and heard plenty of abuse come over the fence from the mound men. isn't that a home ground advantage?? surely unless its too personal involving family or race its just a bit of banter

Coming over to the players as they are walking off the field is out of line. There was almost a physical altercation. It's a narrow area the players walk through and right next to their coaches box. When you have the other sides supporters behind that box trying to confront people it's lucky it didn't get out of hand.

So it was just verbal? Sticks and stones etc etc
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:Not a stupid idea on SMOSHs part. PAWFC are a club without a home at the minute.

Really? Not at Port Reserve anymore?

PAWFC are using our oval and facilities currently. It has worked quite well this season IMO.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
PAWFC are using our oval and facilities currently. It has worked quite well this season IMO.

They've been co-tenants for quite some time haven't they?

I have noticed that they have really upped the ante on their women's team(s) in the past couple of years where it was poorly run once.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

I have noticed that they have really upped the ante on their women's team(s) in the past couple of years where it was poorly run once.

I personally dont know alot about their sides.
They have only been back the last year since the council made Nazar's club rooms condemned I believe.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

I personally dont know alot about their sides.
They have only been back the last year since the council made Nazar's club rooms condemned I believe.

PAFC told PAWFC they could only play 3 home games at Alberton. As the club trained at Alberton last year they said they couldbt train there either due to tooo much traffic on Alberton Oval.

PAWFC trained the whole preseason at Swan Tce using the Ethelton Ground but due to issues with the change rooms (according to Port) they had to find a new ground to use. PAWFC looking to either stay as PAWFC or merge with a club and either try and stay in Div 1 or go to Div 2. A few clubs have shown interest to merge with the club so will see what happens from here.

Because PAFC told them they had to use their sponsors they were never allowed to get their own majopr sponsor. Now that PAFC have pulled their sponsorship to basically give them a ham sandwhich and a bag of chips the club doesnt have the money to continue unless they find sponsors willing to put money in and find a ground to play on.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:44 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
PAFC told PAWFC they could only play 3 home games at Alberton. As the club trained at Alberton last year they said they couldbt train there either due to tooo much traffic on Alberton Oval.

PAWFC trained the whole preseason at Swan Tce using the Ethelton Ground but due to issues with the change rooms (according to Port) they had to find a new ground to use. PAWFC looking to either stay as PAWFC or merge with a club and either try and stay in Div 1 or go to Div 2. A few clubs have shown interest to merge with the club so will see what happens from here.

Because PAFC told them they had to use their sponsors they were never allowed to get their own majopr sponsor. Now that PAFC have pulled their sponsorship to basically give them a ham sandwhich and a bag of chips the club doesnt have the money to continue unless they find sponsors willing to put money in and find a ground to play on.

I'll move this convo on to the SAWFL thread.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Looking forward to my trip to Eastern Park, have not been out there before
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:Looking forward to my trip to Eastern Park, have not been out there before

Take a thick jacket, we always knew it as "Windy Hill".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Looking forward to my trip to Eastern Park, have not been out there before

Thanks for the tip!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

Even on a warm day it's windy AF.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

is Willie's stump still in the ground like Excalibur :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby jake the snake » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I know glenunga are strong but geez Andy read spending a month in the b and c grade is abit stiff.

Be interesting to see how many matches he’s played at the end of this year and if he is eligible for a points reduction in 2019 from 2 to zero
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Pag » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm

jake the snake wrote:I know glenunga are strong but geez Andy read spending a month in the b and c grade is abit stiff.

Be interesting to see how many matches he’s played at the end of this year and if he is eligible for a points reduction in 2019 from 2 to zero

;)

Not sure if smart work from Glenunga, or makes a mockery of the system.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Pag wrote:
jake the snake wrote:I know glenunga are strong but geez Andy read spending a month in the b and c grade is abit stiff.

;)

Not sure if smart work from Glenunga, or makes a mockery of the system.
Must be moving on cos he can only lose a point a year
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League