u/8's 9/4/2006

Adelaide Footy League Talk

u/8's 9/4/2006

Postby bayman » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:32 am

well today colonel light gardens played edwardstown at edwardstown

clg 0.0.00 2.4.16 6.5.41 8.5.53

ed 3.4.22 4.4.28 4.4.28 4.4.28

again isaac was best he played for edwardstown in the first term (hence the score) as they were short he dominated all day & without knowing exactly he kicked 4 or 5 of the goals & i think 1 for the towns what suprises me is that apparently this is his 2nd game ever while little bayman played ok he got a few kicks & a couple of marks he even got pinged for having 2 bounces on the run (tunnel vision) he saw the goals & headed that way instead of trying to find a team mate good lesson learnt i think
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Re: u/8's 9/4/2006

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed May 10, 2006 6:22 am

bayman wrote:well today colonel light gardens played edwardstown at edwardstown

clg 0.0.00 2.4.16 6.5.41 8.5.53

ed 3.4.22 4.4.28 4.4.28 4.4.28

again isaac was best he played for edwardstown in the first term (hence the score) as they were short he dominated all day & without knowing exactly he kicked 4 or 5 of the goals & i think 1 for the towns what suprises me is that apparently this is his 2nd game ever while little bayman played ok he got a few kicks & a couple of marks he even got pinged for having 2 bounces on the run (tunnel vision) he saw the goals & headed that way instead of trying to find a team mate good lesson learnt i think

Looks like you've scored a decent coach there bayman, giving over your best player to the opposition for the 1st qtr, good stuff.
The Fitzroy blue team got done by Broadview Gold 8.5 to 2.3 after missing the hail by half an hour.
The Broady boys learnt early that the 11yo umpy was'nt pinging tackles & played accordingly, clever little scamps. The Fitzroy lot which are all, except for two straight from the u6's last year & did'nt know what hit them. The young fella umpiring also was'nt paying marks (touched by both hands) but he had a coach on the sidelines who said nothing, luckily the parents were all behaved & let the game go without any harsh comments (Gaza take note). I did however get pinged for not filling out my scorecard at the breaks by the coach, I told him that when I did last time as an u8's goal umpy that the field umpire tore it up & issued me with a new one & to never take the scores on a game at that level.
All cudos to the young blokes who take up umpiring at that age for whatever reason, but their coaches really should instruct them as the game goes on, may just save them from a bake in the future from a couple of, lets just say, less savoury clubs who play for a win at all costs.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Jimmy » Wed May 10, 2006 7:27 am

dont mean to hijack, but i played with richie cochrane in u9's for the elizabeth eagles and he dominated...he had played soccer before that. He was a gun, kicking miraculous goals from all over the place and just getting kicks at will, running everywhere.

back to your thread bayman ;)
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League