10%
Westminster OS
7%

Total votes : 271

Re: SAAFL Div 5 & 5R (2009)

Postby sprinttospace » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 am

zedman wrote:
BurraBoys wrote:
Bulldog wrote:will be an interesting year for plympton as unley now in the div ( plymptons main rivals ) and rose water also a rival and westminster just down the road from us :roll:

less travel north at least

mighty hounds wrote:Ive heard that a few are returning back that took the year off, players that played in the premiership of 07

If you get sonogan, milikan and hillman back i will go out on a limb and tip you as favourites.

Im very happy to see westminster come up. I thought they has some real promise when we played them in 07. Put it together well in 08. Does the club have much recruiting capacity or is relying on kids out if the 1stXVIII. That is the only thing i see holding clubs such as blacks, westies and to an extent St.Pauls and Trinity back. Without an association to the school, it is not hugley appealing to play at a smaller college club. No offence intended

cant see why hillman would go back..only left last year and won a flag in a1(i think he was in the A grade)..

more likely to be a few blokes who didn't play anywhere this year. few had a year off and a couple overseas. keen to get them back. sonogan and millikan will be interestate working.
sprinttospace

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:50 am

anything on a new oval sprint or are you set for next to the swimming pool again this year?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:26 am

zedman wrote:anything on a new oval sprint or are you set for next to the swimming pool again this year?

If they stay next to the pool Im gonna get there on Friday arvo so I can get a park..
Bloody useless joint
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:35 am

The Ash Man wrote:
zedman wrote:anything on a new oval sprint or are you set for next to the swimming pool again this year?

If they stay next to the pool Im gonna get there on Friday arvo so I can get a park..
Bloody useless joint

It will be nice just to play BOS on a dry day. Both minor round games in 2007 when we played them were the only 2 games for the year when it rained!!
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:38 am

The Ash Man wrote:

Bloody useless joint

Pandemonium on a Saturday, I ended up camping there on the Friday night last year, I must've slept wrong though, I woke up with a sore arse.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Bloody useless joint

Pandemonium on a Saturday, I ended up camping there on the Friday night last year, I must've slept wrong though, I woke up with a sore arse.

:lol: :lol:
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Bloody useless joint

you slept in the wrong park LM..you werent meant to be at the alpine gardens off south tce..BOS oval is in north adelaide !
zedman
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 am

zedman wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Bloody useless joint

you slept in the wrong park LM..you werent meant to be at the alpine gardens off south tce..BOS oval is in north adelaide !

Oh, it was a boring night til I met some dude that must have just come out of the aquatics centre as he was wearing his bathers, they looked like a wrestling outfit though, his name was Johnny. He wouldn't go away.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby NO-MERCY » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Higglytown Hero wrote:
jointman wrote:
Higglytown Hero wrote:
Dogsbreath wrote:Rosewater have appointed new coach for '09, Shaun Glacken (spelling??) apparently assistant coach at Seaton, does anyone know anything about him???

Coached C grade in 2007 and B grade 2008, has coached in Mildura and is pretty well respected.
A few mates that play B grade @ seaton have already had a few sms' from the new coach offering some coin to move across.

Hope rosewater are ready for his wife......

whats his wife got to do with it?

If you are from Newcastle Street, u will find out soon enough.....

Whats your role down there Higgly Hero, you sound like you know the Glackens?
I don't know him personally or his wife but i was told Shaun is respected by alot of the players & if Seaton havn't got players signed up for next season look forward to another mass exodus as i hear a few are going to follow him over to the Div5 club.
I don't agree with them heading over to a much lower standard of comp as its not really going to benefit their football but if they have a long term structure in place which i know Shaun would have well the players could well be playing in the Div3s in a few years.
I heard Shaun a few times speak to his players & he sounds very positive, i'm not to sure what happened at seaton as far as his departure is concerned but i hope Seaton don't take another step backwards after losing him.
As for his wife, i heard she just loves helping out at any club her husbands associated with & aint affraid of coming forward which obviously upset a few people, one being Higgly Hero!
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 pm

LM: big johnny would have made a mess of you ..hope you were the male in this encounter !
zedman
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Pandemonium on a Saturday, I ended up camping there on the Friday night last year, I must've slept wrong though, I woke up with a sore arse.[/quote]

you slept in the wrong park LM..you werent meant to be at the alpine gardens off south tce..BOS oval is in north adelaide ![/quote][/quote]

if you want a park there u have to get there as the parents are leaving for the school matches as they clear out that part down the side. works a treat for me
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:46 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Pandemonium on a Saturday, I ended up camping there on the Friday night last year, I must've slept wrong though, I woke up with a sore arse.

you slept in the wrong park LM..you werent meant to be at the alpine gardens off south tce..BOS oval is in north adelaide ![/quote][/quote]

if you want a park there u have to get there as the parents are leaving for the school matches as they clear out that part down the side. works a treat for me[/quote]

What road??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Pandemonium on a Saturday, I ended up camping there on the Friday night last year, I must've slept wrong though, I woke up with a sore arse.

[/quote]

if you want a park there u have to get there as the parents are leaving for the school matches as they clear out that part down the side. works a treat for me[/quote]

What road??[/quote]

right next to the oval fitzroy terrace, u have a 10 metre walk
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:18 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
right next to the oval fitzroy terrace, u have a 10 metre walk

Isn't there a time limit on parking there, I'm sure I seen a sticker-licker going along there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby adelaide bank » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:15 pm

hi zed man just heard a few boys were keen but had signed two year deals where they were the guy my uncle works with is really keen not to travel and working hard on the other two from what ive heard he only wants to play one more year and gets on well with the blokes at kenilworth he has played for the bays i think and would be real handy in div 5 good luck
adelaide bank
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:17 pm

yeah ok..i think i know who you mean now mate thx..i didnt know some had signed 2 year deals tho..how would you get out of those i wonder..how binding would they be
zedman
Coach

Postby adelaide bank » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:21 pm

as far as i know there s no such thing as a binding contract in this sort of footy and you cant be held to anything especially two year deals unless there is a sign on fee well thats how it was back when i played
adelaide bank
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:28 pm

yeah thx AB..have to see what eventuates but i tend to agree that nothing is binding unless THEY owe money to the particular club
zedman
Coach

Postby The Bartman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Higglytown Hero wrote:
Dogsbreath wrote:Rosewater have appointed new coach for '09, Shaun Glacken (spelling??) apparently assistant coach at Seaton, does anyone know anything about him???

Coached C grade in 2007 and B grade 2008, has coached in Mildura and is pretty well respected.
A few mates that play B grade @ seaton have already had a few sms' from the new coach offering some coin to move across.

Hope rosewater are ready for his wife......

Is she a slapper?
We are a drinking team with a football problem!
The Bartman
Reserves

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Higglytown Hero » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Whats your role down there Higgly Hero, you sound like you know the Glackens?
I don't know him personally or his wife but i was told Shaun is respected by alot of the players & if Seaton havn't got players signed up for next season look forward to another mass exodus as i hear a few are going to follow him over to the Div5 club.
I don't agree with them heading over to a much lower standard of comp as its not really going to benefit their football but if they have a long term structure in place which i know Shaun would have well the players could well be playing in the Div3s in a few years.
I heard Shaun a few times speak to his players & he sounds very positive, i'm not to sure what happened at seaton as far as his departure is concerned but i hope Seaton don't take another step backwards after losing him.
As for his wife, i heard she just loves helping out at any club her husbands associated with & aint affraid of coming forward which obviously upset a few people, one being Higgly Hero![/quote]

No official role for me at the club Mercy, just like to go have a few beers and watch my mates play. Like i said in my 1st post, he is pretty well respected, and not that i have had any trouble with her, the same cant be said about the respect she has from a lot of people there.
You can be a hero, Just like me...
Higglytown Hero
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League