12%
Smithfield
10%
Westminster OS
7%

Total votes : 271

Re: SAAFL Div 5 & 5R (2009)

Postby Dogsbreath » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks for the info! Looks like Rosies may be heading in the right direction! :D
Dogsbreath
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby NO-MERCY » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Higglytown Hero wrote:
No official role for me at the club Mercy, just like to go have a few beers and watch my mates play. Like i said in my 1st post, he is pretty well respected, and not that i have had any trouble with her, the same cant be said about the respect she has from a lot of people there.

ooh- is that the reason Shaun left or is she in control?
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby statsman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Bulldog wrote:not sure on plympton next season. as i used to play for them and dont now coz im in brisbane but have been told that a few players unhappy with shane sinclar and gino in what they are doing. i.e. a few good A grade players being dropped during the season because of reasons unknown( were told they werent up to scratch ). might be a few players moving on maybe. not to sure

Neither will be coaching next year with the job being advertised,have heard a rumour that steve Symonds who coached them in 2003,04 could be back,had to leave due to work commitments. got 4th place each season in div 4 with a young team. If he gets the gig alot of the players he coached then meant to be returning.
statsman
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:04 am

Geez looking at the rumours Rosewater,BOS,Kenilworth,Plympton all willl beat the Brisbane Lions next year with their recruits. :lol: Silly season at its finest.............
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Kilo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:23 am

MD3 to win the Div 5R medal
Kilo
Rookie

Postby Bully » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:24 am

statsman wrote:
Bulldog wrote:not sure on plympton next season. as i used to play for them and dont now coz im in brisbane but have been told that a few players unhappy with shane sinclar and gino in what they are doing. i.e. a few good A grade players being dropped during the season because of reasons unknown( were told they werent up to scratch ). might be a few players moving on maybe. not to sure

Neither will be coaching next year with the job being advertised,have heard a rumour that steve Symonds who coached them in 2003,04 could be back,had to leave due to work commitments. got 4th place each season in div 4 with a young team. If he gets the gig alot of the players he coached then meant to be returning.

we advertise wether we have a coach or not. doesnt mean that shane and gino wont be there next season. plympton have advertised every year for a coach over the last four seasons even tho we have had a coach already there. just something the club does for some reason
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Keepitreal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 am

Bulldog wrote:
statsman wrote:

we advertise wether we have a coach or not. doesnt mean that shane and gino wont be there next season. plympton have advertised every year for a coach over the last four seasons even tho we have had a coach already there. just something the club does for some reason

This is not intended as a slur against Plympton, but clubs in general. Clubs need to have a look at their internal practices & constitutions as this is poor form advertising because it's in your constitution as it just dicks coaches around, wasting their time, effort & resources in applying for nothing. Clubs need to remember that coaches are also judging and assessing them on their professionalism, how they conduct themselves & process their applications. They need to remember that they are advertising a job and are seeking the best possible candidate and should act accordingly, ie thought out response procedure, set interview criteria, appointment time frame and provide feedback, as why would a professional coach, that they have invited to apply, wish to join a club that displays poor practices from the very first contact with a particular organisation?
If a club is happy with their coach, by all means reappoint him as they should and if they have to advertise, change the constitution to broaden the criteria to allow job posting on club notice board only or every 2 years or as required, not wasting valuable club funds with unnecessary and expensive advertising and leaving a bad impression of your club as unprofessional on potential coaches, who may never apply again on the basis of how they were treated previously which may be by a past committee.
Keepitreal
Under 18s

Postby zedman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 am

agree fully keepitreal =D>
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby ChocolateNBlue » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:12 am

Any news on who'll coach kenilworth in 09?
ChocolateNBlue

Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby panthergurl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 am

Smithfield Football Club 2009 Coaches

Div 5 - Paul Oldacre

Div 5R - Steve Leecroft

Congratulations to both
Whatever makes you happy
panthergurl
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times

Postby MADDOG3 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

Good to see Oldy on board for another year. The future is bright at Anderson Walk.
MADDOG3
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 am

Keepitreal wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
statsman wrote:

This is not intended as a slur against Plympton, but clubs in general. Clubs need to have a look at their internal practices & constitutions as this is poor form advertising because it's in your constitution as it just dicks coaches around, wasting their time, effort & resources in applying for nothing. Clubs need to remember that coaches are also judging and assessing them on their professionalism, how they conduct themselves & process their applications. They need to remember that they are advertising a job and are seeking the best possible candidate and should act accordingly, ie thought out response procedure, set interview criteria, appointment time frame and provide feedback, as why would a professional coach, that they have invited to apply, wish to join a club that displays poor practices from the very first contact with a particular organisation?
If a club is happy with their coach, by all means reappoint him as they should and if they have to advertise, change the constitution to broaden the criteria to allow job posting on club notice board only or every 2 years or as required, not wasting valuable club funds with unnecessary and expensive advertising and leaving a bad impression of your club as unprofessional on potential coaches, who may never apply again on the basis of how they were treated previously which may be by a past committee.

These rules can only be changed at an AGM, a lot of clubs are "Sports & Social Clubs", therefore, what the "Football committee" see as a good thing, the "Executive committee" may not. Our club has survived for almost 100 years because we follow the constitution.

What if there is a former AFL player that has moved within your area and would like a crack at coaching amateur level and you pass it by because you didn't advertise.

I think the key is to advertise as early as possible, you'll probably end up with far more applicants, some maybe just for a sticky-beak, nevertheless, the position will be filled as early as possible so you aren't "dicking around" someone that you are always going to give the nod to.

The constitution does state "advertise", there is no stipulation on the level of advertising you have to perform.

Clubs should not have to feel obliged to employ coaches on mateship or any other reason, each year should be taken as a new step and if the rules state that a club "HAS" to advertise, there should be no hard feelings. If the current coach is the best man for the job, he should have no concerns then.

Not digging at you, I just see it from the other side of the fence, I have coached and I have been on an executive committee.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:41 am

panthergurl wrote:Smithfield Football Club 2009 Coaches

Div 5 - Paul Oldacre

Div 5R - Steve Leecroft

Congratulations to both

=D> =D> Excellent. Look out Dog.

Any news on a coach for the 17's, 18's, 19's....whatever it might be PG?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby panthergurl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
These rules can only be changed at an AGM, a lot of clubs are "Sports & Social Clubs", therefore, what the "Football committee" see as a good thing, the "Executive committee" may not. Our club has survived for almost 100 years because we follow the constitution.

What if there is a former AFL player that has moved within your area and would like a crack at coaching amateur level and you pass it by because you didn't advertise.

I think the key is to advertise as early as possible, you'll probably end up with far more applicants, some maybe just for a sticky-beak, nevertheless, the position will be filled as early as possible so you aren't "dicking around" someone that you are always going to give the nod to.

The constitution does state "advertise", there is no stipulation on the level of advertising you have to perform.

Clubs should not have to feel obliged to employ coaches on mateship or any other reason, each year should be taken as a new step and if the rules state that a club "HAS" to advertise, there should be no hard feelings. If the current coach is the best man for the job, he should have no concerns then.

Not digging at you, I just see it from the other side of the fence, I have coached and I have been on an executive committee.

Very well said Lightning my thoughts exactly you never know who is out there looking and this is with no disrespect to the current coach whom may have done nothing wrong to deserve not keeping their position but if you don't look you will never know.

Also I believe it is a big task changing a constitution for one thing.
Whatever makes you happy
panthergurl
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:00 pm

exactly..and it can cost a lot of $$ in terms of legal fees.

Let's just say I've been doing a fair bit of homework in regard to this...

A constitution is a legal document and failure to comply can result in hefty fines for an organisation if proven guilty of non compliance according with corporate law..
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:10 pm

pardon my ignorance..if the constitution asks for the club to advertise each year and one year they dont..does the club fine itself?..who fines it and under what laws?..who determines the amount?
zedman
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:24 pm

zedman wrote:pardon my ignorance..if the constitution asks for the club to advertise each year and one year they dont..does the club fine itself?..who fines it and under what laws?..who determines the amount?

For the best part it will go unnoticed....

The fines for non compliance are set by the courts (yes! this is REAL legal stuff) and ranges as a guess.

For example, I found out that if its proven that a club accepted the votes of non-financial members at an AGM ... anywhere from $10-$20k upwards... I found that rather interesting..
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Choccies » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
zedman wrote:pardon my ignorance..if the constitution asks for the club to advertise each year and one year they dont..does the club fine itself?..who fines it and under what laws?..who determines the amount?

For the best part it will go unnoticed....

The fines for non compliance are set by the courts (yes! this is REAL legal stuff) and ranges as a guess.

For example, I found out that if its proven that a club accepted the votes of non-financial members at an AGM ... anywhere from $10-$20k upwards... I found that rather interesting..

I'd imagine this type of thing would go rather un-policed though ???
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby panthergurl » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 pm

I believe it is a luck of the draw thing as well that they may just decide to pick random club to do an audit on (a bit like the liquor licensing laws). Or you may have a disgruntled club member who decides they dont like a decision that has been made and chooses to cause a fuss.
Anyway as a club we just don't want to take the chance.
Whatever makes you happy
panthergurl
Under 16s

Postby zedman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 pm

ok..so basically unless someone dobbed in the club from within no-one would even know..but yeah pretty wild figures for the fines!

LM you made great points re your constitution..but from a player and coaches and supporters point of view it causes much confusion, uncertainty and tends to show (on the outside) a lack of confidence in the incumbent..and they are then bombarded with questions as to who, what, when and why and the uncertainty goes on, you only have to look on here at the amount of times posters get asked why clubs are advertising when they have a coach etc..just my opinion and i see merit from both sides of the argument but for me i dont like it..
zedman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League