The hounds in a thriller- Blackfriars win Catholic showdown

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Have the Catholics taken Showdowns to a whole new level?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 11

The hounds in a thriller- Blackfriars win Catholic showdown

Postby grassroots31 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:24 pm

Well done Hounds on a fantastic win today in Catholic Showdown

Pope Benedict would be rolling in his grave..if indeed he was dead..that he missed it

In all seriousness the skills, the crowd, the goal umpire being cautioned for drinking beer, the game had it all

St Pauls were in control of the game at half time but the way the Hounds ran over the top in the last qtr was inspiring

St Pauls will be ruing the three 25 metre pentalties that resulted in Hound goals in the opening stanza

A great game of grassroots football and CJ Blacks is as much like Libba on the field as he is in the internet chat room

See Grassroots on Thursday night for a complete Catholic Showdown wrap
grassroots31

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby spillers » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:40 am

no shit what a match. personally the most exciting match i have ever been involved in, and that tops 3 consecutive junior premierships at Walkerville.

the crowd was fantastic - i would say both teams had equal amounts of support even though it was a St Pauls home game. umpiring was the best we have had all year. bring on the next meeting!
spillers
Mini-League

Postby carey18 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:36 am

i am on here this morning to thank the great man above for providing me with another day on this planet.after all the dribble on here over the last 6 or so weeks i really thought the world was ending around 5 oclock yesterday arvo.so i kissed the family goodnight last night not expecting to see the sun come up this morning.lo and behold the world didnt end after the game yesterday.what do we do now? what is worth living for? 2 teams in a comp with players playing well below there ability?,oh thats right they didnt play div 1 last year.maybe the year before.look forward to all the dribble now about the return bout!.im going to water the roses life is still going forward!
relax cj was having a bit of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carey18

Postby cj_blacks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:53 am

love the rooters cant wait to swing past saafl house thurs afternoon for a copy of the dvd ha
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby batman » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:10 pm

I went to the catholic showdown yesterday. It was a great game and a great advertisment for amateur footy. Well done to Blackfriars on a deserved win. Couple of points though. I don't know if you were at the game spillers but I thought the umpires were terrible. If one player made any contact with another then they would pay a free kick. That big bald guy at full forard for st.pauls probably would have kicked ten if the umpires didn't crucify him for good body work. That number 25 for blackfriars was looked after quite well to. He got a free kick early on and because he screamed like a girl one of the st.pauls players got sent off. At least number 25 didn't get a sniff for the rest of the day. He will probably be back in the B's next game. I will definantly be at the next clash. If the umpires umpire footy how it should be done and St. pauls concentrate on playing footy,not hitting the opposition it should be a cracking match. It is the first div 7 game I have seen for a while and will definantly be back for more. The skills displayed by both teams, especially Blackfriars, is far better than I have seen in the lower levels of SAAFL footy for some time.
batman
Mini-League

Postby cj_blacks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:21 pm

hahahahahaahahahaahah that was the poorest attempt ever to cover up your a st pauls player/official or whatever.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby batman » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Why would you say that CJ. Is that because everything I said was entirely true?
batman
Mini-League

Postby cj_blacks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:29 pm

yeh i know i was sh**house yesterday but very cheap mate very sly dig. The umpiring was as good as your going to get in div7. you might just wanna instill some disciplin in your club

now please dont twist what i have said and use it against me in months to come
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby The Lion's Den » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:49 pm

cj_blacks wrote:yeh i know i was sh**house yesterday but very cheap mate very sly dig. The umpiring was as good as your going to get in div7. you might just wanna instill some disciplin in your club

Hey CJ,
Now thats LOW!
As for you Stan,
Lets see how you would go if you had a snotty nosed teen sitting here calling your team "rubbish" (even if it was a month ago) and then start all of his posts directed at you with "Moron" or "Idiot" and see how you would go!!

You need to sit back and have a good look too Stan and think its not just you and CJ on here so give us poor bastards a break.

Everyone just needs to sit back and have a dinkum look at themselves!!
The Lion's Den
Mini-League

Postby cj_blacks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:53 pm

dont act like the hard done by one here now. sit there just trying to bait for an argument get on with life.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby The Lion's Den » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Very good CJ.

You've got everyone on your side.
Stan,
The Amatuer League system when it comes to choosing which div to play in,
According to 'batman's' comments, the umpires,
and then being a rich little Catholic School boy that you are, God!

When will you learn Chris that you are not invincible? Like I said, you are young. One day life will catch up with you and you may just realise that it really doesn't pay to act like the weeny little cat that you are.

I feel so sorry for you. :cry:
The Lion's Den
Mini-League

Postby cj_blacks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:07 pm

ok so now it comes down to jelousy. give it a rest. i may be the younger one mate but your comments are bordering on immature. now talk about footy for once
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby stan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:57 pm

The Lion's Den wrote:
cj_blacks wrote:yeh i know i was sh**house yesterday but very cheap mate very sly dig. The umpiring was as good as your going to get in div7. you might just wanna instill some disciplin in your club

Hey CJ,
Now thats LOW!
As for you Stan,
Lets see how you would go if you had a snotty nosed teen sitting here calling your team "rubbish" (even if it was a month ago) and then start all of his posts directed at you with "Moron" or "Idiot" and see how you would go!!

You need to sit back and have a good look too Stan and think its not just you and CJ on here so give us poor bastards a break.

Everyone just needs to sit back and have a dinkum look at themselves!!

Look if you want to discuss this anymore just send me a PM. Thats right I said a PM
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby spillers » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:35 pm

batman wrote:I don't know if you were at the game spillers but I thought the umpires were terrible

yeah i was there, as a player in fact.

read my post, i didnt say the umpiring was good, i said it was the "best we have had all year".

and i think you complaining about the umpiring takes an aweful lot away from our win. we kicked 7 goals to St Paul's 1 behind in the final quarter to get over the top of them. sure umpires can affect a game at times, but not by 7 goals in a single quarter. also the fact that there were about 2 points in it all day up until 3/4 time suggests that the umpiring was fairly even.
spillers
Mini-League

Postby kuma_satra » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:13 am

Great game to be apart of.. go u hounds!! i tell you there will be a few sore boys this morning at work me included...
kuma_satra
Mini-League

Postby The Riddler » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:14 am

CJ all seriousness the umpires were terrible....they were brought down from Div 4 especially for this game...it just shows the lack of depth in the umpiring department in the SAAFL.

These blokes watch too much AFL!!
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby The Riddler » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:16 am

spillers wrote:
batman wrote:I don't know if you were at the game spillers but I thought the umpires were terrible

and i think you complaining about the umpiring takes an aweful lot away from our win. we kicked 7 goals to St Paul's 1 behind in the final quarter to get over the top of them. sure umpires can affect a game at times, but not by 7 goals in a single quarter. also the fact that there were about 2 points in it all day up until 3/4 time suggests that the umpiring was fairly even.

Not taking anything away from your win Spillers just saying the Umpiring standard in the SAAFL is getting worse and worse!
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby cj_blacks » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm

just a couple of things id like to point out. Im not having a go at you Riddler or you Brod but i was absolutley hammered on here for a couple of things. 1 was complaining about the umpiring early on in the season and i got nailed telling me im in div7 to pretty much shutup and put up with it. I copped it on the chin but there has been abit of complaining about the umpiring this week and nothing really said about it (double standards) and Brod (not saying i dont completley agree with you) but referred to North Pines as tossers and whatever. The Lions den... is that not disrespectful. I dont want an argument to arise from this comment and Im sure Stan will have a word to me about this I chose to post it instead of a PM to show everyone how easy it is to turn a blind eye to things and you either have standards or not. Dont be so selective in who you pick on.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby cj_blacks » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:24 pm

I dont think life as an umpire would be too easy at the moment anyway. It would have to be confusing watching the AFL where in parts it has become non contact and they are so quick on the whistle.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby The Riddler » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:48 pm

cj_blacks wrote:just a couple of things id like to point out. Im not having a go at you Riddler or you Brod but i was absolutley hammered on here for a couple of things. 1 was complaining about the umpiring early on in the season and i got nailed telling me im in div7 to pretty much shutup and put up with it. I copped it on the chin but there has been abit of complaining about the umpiring this week and nothing really said about it (double standards) and Brod (not saying i dont completley agree with you) but referred to North Pines as tossers and whatever. The Lions den... is that not disrespectful. I dont want an argument to arise from this comment and Im sure Stan will have a word to me about this I chose to post it instead of a PM to show everyone how easy it is to turn a blind eye to things and you either have standards or not. Dont be so selective in who you pick on.

CJ I agree with you umpires in Div 7 are crap....my biggest issue with them on Saturday is they were from Div 4 which are supposedly much better Umpires but they were just as bad as Divvie 7 ones.
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League