Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 am

Have heard some whispers that the SAAFL is looking at taking over Junior Footy in S.A.

Believe it was mentioned at the SAAFL meeting on Monday night and it received an overwhelming response in the positive.

Obviously alot of water to go under the bridge before this concept would come into vogue but wonder what it means for Associations such as the NEMJFA etc

who have worked tirelessly for years to produce a good competition.

Also would it mean some Junior Footy would go back to being played on a Saturday morning as a lead up to Senior games

Interesting times ahead one thinks
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 am

Won't happen
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 am

the joker wrote:Won't happen

Agreed, NEMJFA is very well ran and has good people behind it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 am

locky801 wrote:Have heard some whispers that the SAAFL is looking at taking over Junior Footy in S.A.

Believe it was mentioned at the SAAFL meeting on Monday night and it received an overwhelming response in the positive.

Obviously alot of water to go under the bridge before this concept would come into vogue but wonder what it means for Associations such as the NEMJFA etc

Also would it mean some Junior Footy would go back to being played on a Saturday morning as a lead up to Senior games

I've heard it is a push by the SACFL to make the SAAFL run juniors, not initiated by the SAAFL .... but could be wrong
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Executive Member » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
locky801 wrote:Have heard some whispers that the SAAFL is looking at taking over Junior Footy in S.A.

I've heard it is a push by the SACFL to make the SAAFL run juniors, not initiated by the SAAFL .... but could be wrong

SAAFL Clubs requested the League on Monday night to look at it - no pushing being done from anywhere

If SAAFL do run a junior comp it will be based on the SAAFL Clubs wanting it to happen
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks E.M.

My information from some clubs is that the idea received some substantial support.

If this is the case what is the next moved planned by the SAAFL.

I have a Juniors Board meeting tonight with this on the agenda for discussion so I am just

seeking some clarification on what i have been told from other sources
locky801
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 am

locky801 wrote:Thanks E.M.

My information from some clubs is that the idea received some substantial support.

I have a Juniors Board meeting tonight with this on the agenda for discussion so I am just

I believe a working party will be set up to start to work out how to move it forward and I would imagine a meeting with all relevant Club people would also be on the agenda in the near future
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 am

Executive Member wrote:
locky801 wrote:Thanks E.M.

I believe a working party will be set up to start to work out how to move it forward and I would imagine a meeting with all relevant Club people would also be on the agenda in the near future

Cheers thanks.
locky801
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am

Wont happen. Metro South and Metro West are putting a vote to their clubs for the idea of merging the 2 league together. The grades would be Under 11 to Under 16s.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby zedman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 am

cant see that happening..the world has changed..sundays are for juniors now..imo
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 am

Bluedemon wrote:Wont happen. Metro South and Metro West are putting a vote to their clubs for the idea of merging the 2 league together. The grades would be Under 11 to Under 16s.

From what I hear that's unlikely to happen either, as parents will be unlikely to want to travel the extra distances, ie: Kenilworth to Largs etc...

This is probably where SAAFL run juniors would benefit as zoning would be kept I would imagine.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am

Bluedemon wrote: Metro South and Metro West are putting a vote to their clubs for the idea of merging the 2 league together. The grades would be Under 11 to Under 16s.

Yes heard that recently as well.
locky801
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Wont happen. Metro South and Metro West are putting a vote to their clubs for the idea of merging the 2 league together. The grades would be Under 11 to Under 16s.

From what I hear that's unlikely to happen either, as parents will be unlikely to want to travel the extra distances, ie: Kenilworth to Largs etc...

This is probably where SAAFL run juniors would benefit as zoning would be kept I would imagine.

Angle Vale to Hectorville in the NEMJFA, I like the concept of having a play-off between the winners of each group for a champion metro team but throughout the season no way.
A fair swag of parents wont be willing to make the extra travel and it would defeat the purpose of zoning them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bandar » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:47 am

Footy Chick wrote:

This year the Under 16's (and 15's) from Metro South have joined Metro West because numbers in both comps (more so MSJFL) were down.

It seems strange for this to come up without some prodding from outside it's a lot of work to take on for no reward. Are we sure a seed wasn't in some way plated by the CFL
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Angle Vale to Hectorville in the NEMJFA, I like the concept of having a play-off between the winners of each group for a champion metro team but throughout the season no way.
A fair swag of parents wont be willing to make the extra travel and it would defeat the purpose of zoning them.

LM, I think the NEMJFA have it right in U6 to U10 with the north/south zoning to save clubs travelling so far, not sure if they will look at the concept in the older grades, I like your idea of a playoff at the end of the season, think that has huge merit
locky801
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:11 pm

locky801 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

LM, I think the NEMJFA have it right in U6 to U10 with the north/south zoning to save clubs travelling so far, not sure if they will look at the concept in the older grades, I like your idea of a playoff at the end of the season, think that has huge merit

My word they have, as for the older age groups I don't think there's any scope in zoning, TTG have 3 teams in some age groups so it wont work for that aspect aswell as others.
The promotion/relegation thing works pretty well and the unzoned juniors play late enough to enable parents to get there without too much fuss.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 pm

bandar wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

This year the Under 16's (and 15's) from Metro South have joined Metro West because numbers in both comps (more so MSJFL) were down.

It seems strange for this to come up without some prodding from outside it's a lot of work to take on for no reward. Are we sure a seed wasn't in some way plated by the CFL

Happy to repeat No seed planted, no winks exchanged, no little pushes

This is purely from SAAFL clubs and as I said before if the clubs support it and want it then the League has an obligation to investigate it
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby hotpies » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
the joker wrote:Won't happen

Agreed, NEMJFA is very well ran and has good people behind it.

Exactly!
The SAAFL can't even run their own league properly don't let them stuff up the kids aswell.
I wish I was as good a cricketer as what Phantom tells me he is
hotpies
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

6 out of the 10 clubs need to say Yes for it to go ahead.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Executive Member wrote:
bandar wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Happy to repeat No seed planted, no winks exchanged, no little pushes

This is purely from SAAFL clubs and as I said before if the clubs support it and want it then the League has an obligation to investigate it

Ah, I see, your club raised it
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League