Ingle Farm
24%
BYE
33%

Total votes : 49

Division C4 2013

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

dribble away..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Re: Division C4 2013

Postby Executive Member » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 am

who keen to play Triple Headers as I know the Lodge are
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby giffo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Lockleys wil be keen to play triple headers. We did it last year with a couple of sides who didn't line up with our A's & B's and everyone seemed ok with it then.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Executive Member wrote:who keen to play Triple Headers as I know the Lodge are

*raises hand* ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby TOSSER » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm pretty sure we'd be up for triple headers. Only Glenunga and Para Hills line up with our A's & B's but happy to work something out with other teams if the interest is there.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 am

TOSSER wrote:I'm pretty sure we'd be up for triple headers. Only Glenunga and Para Hills line up with our A's & B's but happy to work something out with other teams if the interest is there.

Tosser, would your lads be keen to play Anzac Day at Brahma Lodge, it works out on that weekend and we are playing Hope Valley on the Thursday

We can then play Triple Header at your place in the second half of the year
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby S Demon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am

Executive Member wrote:
TOSSER wrote:I'm pretty sure we'd be up for triple headers. Only Glenunga and Para Hills line up with our A's & B's but happy to work something out with other teams if the interest is there.

Tosser, would your lads be keen to play Anzac Day at Brahma Lodge, it works out on that weekend and we are playing Hope Valley on the Thursday

What time would you play?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

S Demon wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

What time would you play?

normal 10:15 start, we did it with Elizabeth a few years ago
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 pm

That's disrespectful :?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:That's disrespectful :?

why
Dawn Service has already happened
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Executive Member wrote:

why

and what about those that march in honour of fallen grandparents etc?

Footy Chick

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

why

I s there a rule that you not to play sport before 12.00 noon?
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

why

what about it, may Great Grandfather went to both WW and never marched himself
Those that want to go to the march then so be it but don't make the march the be all of the day, the dawn service is far more important IMO

If players and teams want to do it then they should be encouraged to do so and not riducled because they never did it in the past, which was based around leagal opening hours of pubs more than anything else - remember pubs couldn't open until 12:00 on ANzac Day when they first started marching, thsi is where the SANFL didnt start games till 12:01

If the pubs were open from 10:00 in the morning when the tradition started you can bet your bottom dollar the march wouldv'e been finished by 9:59
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

why

I s there a rule that you not to play sport before 12.00 noon?

Its a myth
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 pm

I guess it's an unwritten rule - but then why did SANFL and AFL not start their games until 12.01pm then?

Shops can't open till midday.

Footy Chick

Postby Wild Thing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:11 pm

If you contact the RSL they will tell you they do not support any sporting event commencing before 12pm - it is not a rule but then again since when do you follow rules EM - perhaps you could show some respect, the day is about people who made the ultimate sacrifice not when it suits you to play football - perhaps you could make a small sacrifice and delay the start of your game?
Wild Thing
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 am

Wild Thing wrote:If you contact the RSL they will tell you they do not support any sporting event commencing before 12pm - it is not a rule but then again since when do you follow rules EM - perhaps you could show some respect, the day is about people who made the ultimate sacrifice not when it suits you to play football - perhaps you could make a small sacrifice and delay the start of your game?

Do I know you.... :roll: :lol:

I show my respect by looking at my Great Grandfathers photo in my living room each night with his medals and whisper a little thank you; dont just do it once a year

Don't forget it takes more than one club to make it happen and at this stage 4 clubs are doing, one game in C3 & C4
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby old farmer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:42 am

Executive Member wrote:
Wild Thing wrote:If you contact the RSL they will tell you they do not support any sporting event commencing before 12pm - it is not a rule but then again since when do you follow rules EM - perhaps you could show some respect, the day is about people who made the ultimate sacrifice not when it suits you to play football - perhaps you could make a small sacrifice and delay the start of your game?

I show my respect by looking at my Great Grandfathers photo in my living room each night with his medals and whisper a little thank you; dont just do it once a year

Don't forget it takes more than one club to make it happen and at this stage 4 clubs are doing, one game in C3 & C4

The SAAFL should not let this happen...It is all about respect and not just respecting your own Grandfather but every Australian and their family members that sacrificed thier lives so we can live in this great country...For god sake it's C Grade footy, get over it and play your game after 12pm.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 am

old farmer wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

The SAAFL should not let this happen...It is all about respect and not just respecting your own Grandfather but every Australian and their family members that sacrificed thier lives so we can live in this great country...For god sake it's C Grade footy, get over it and play your game after 12pm.

well I guess we agree to disagree and the reality is that is what they fought for

A free society where differing opinions can be portrayed without bloodshed or violence
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 am

Executive Member wrote:
old farmer wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

well I guess we agree to disagree and the reality is that is what they fought for

A free society where differing opinions can be portrayed without bloodshed or violence

Yet another reason to hate triple header footy
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League