SAAFL Player records

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Player records

Postby Q. » Tue May 05, 2015 10:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Doesn't everyone keep a notepad in their jock drawer and record each game they play each week?

I also use it to keep track of my stats.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 05, 2015 11:01 am

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Doesn't everyone keep a notepad in their jock drawer and record each game they play each week?

It was easy for me, some games I got a kick.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 05, 2015 11:36 am

Q. wrote:

Nathan Buckley....is that you?? :shock: ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 05, 2015 11:51 am

someguy1 wrote:Time for a bump. It's been 2 years now, any idea on when / if this might happen? If not is there any way to get any of this information even if it means going into HQ and grabbing old team sheets?

Fwiw, it's actually not the leauges responsibility to provide you with player games played. It is the clubs responsibility to maintain their own records. Although you are welcome to pawn through records to fine tune, or in Tex07's case, confirm league games as opposed to club games.

League provides scores, goalkickers, premiers, medal winners etc...

In saying that though, they did used to provide a list of players games played at the end of every season to every club for maintenance, not sure if sporting pulse has that function to provide though.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue May 05, 2015 11:57 am

Footy Chick wrote:
someguy1 wrote:Time for a bump. It's been 2 years now, any idea on when / if this might happen? If not is there any way to get any of this information even if it means going into HQ and grabbing old team sheets?

Fwiw, it's actually not the leauges responsibility to provide you with player games played. It is the clubs responsibility to maintain their own records. Although you are welcome to pawn through records to fine tune, or in Tex07's case, confirm league games as opposed to club games.

In saying that though, they did used to provide a list of players games played at the end of every season to every club for maintenance, not sure if sporting pulse has that function to provide though.

Clubs can do that themselves nowadays through sportingpulse
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 05, 2015 12:03 pm

bingo, no excuses then.

Footy Chick

Postby someguy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I understand that, wasn't expecting them to do this for us. The original point was asking if the old iScore stats were going to be copied to Sporting Pulse at some point and if this is still on the todo list. It seems the previous secretary was relying on this for our records, when that disappeared we lost everything we had. Very slack on the clubs behalf I know, just seeing if there is a way we can fix it.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:

Nathan Buckley....is that you?? :shock: ;)

No, Eddie used to do it for Bucks...................and count his stats.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 05, 2015 12:49 pm

nooooo, Bucks was counting his own stats at Port...did it all his career

Footy Chick

Postby carey » Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:nooooo, Bucks was counting his own stats at Port...did it all his career

Nothing wrong with that. I've done it my whole life. It's a good feeling when you've played well but, When you have a stinker gee it really sticks in your mind and you know all about it.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 05, 2015 8:14 pm

carey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:nooooo, Bucks was counting his own stats at Port...did it all his career

Nothing wrong with that. I've done it my whole life. It's a good feeling when you've played well but, When you have a stinker gee it really sticks in your mind and you know all about it.

You count your possessions during a game?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Or just your hard ball get? ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Tue May 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Yes mate I do. I always have, It's just the way I keep my mind in the game. Like I said done it my whole life. When you play well you feel you really contributed but on the flip side it's easy to get down on yourself. If I was playing a stinker say at half time I sit and ponder how much harder I need to work.
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Tue May 05, 2015 8:40 pm

It's funny now that we're talking about I'm rembering certain games and numbers. Wish I was young again :oops: :(
carey
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 pm

The only time I ever racked up stats was in 20-30 goal losses. Playing mainly at Centre Half Back, that shit happens.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby EldersUniSA » Tue May 05, 2015 10:14 pm

someguy1 wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:SAAFL have hard copies of all games from way back when Jesus played half-back.
Many moons ago I had to go down there and spend a day photocopying and many days transposing onto a spreadsheet so that we could update all of our player records. Not a fun job, but someone had to do it.
I know of some players that have gone down to take a look through the record themselves in the past.
Like most things, if you give the League a call and ask the question, I think you will find that they can be quite accommodating.

Cheers I figured that would be the case. If we can get back to 07 that would be enough to cover all current players I think. Anything past that will need to be done at some point but not as urgent.

Went through the same process with my cricket club about 10 years ago, bit easier as we had the old scorebooks in a shed going back to 1960.

I just finished summarizing our cricket records. Took a long time but hopefully automatic from now on through mycricket (and hopefully lasts forever) . Might be a good investment if the AFL invest in a central website for aussie rules comps.
Elders Cricket Club Est 1931 UniSA/SAIT Cricket Club Est 1974
Elders UniSA Cricket Club 1999
Mawson Lakes Cricket Club 2010
EldersUniSA
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby TEX07 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I agree, it's a clubs job to keep track at GG we do a pretty good job, I'm going to have to go down and count myself soon. I could ask my mum, I reckon she would have been to nearly every game I have ever played right from juniors to last Saturday's game, now that I think about it it is a lot of time watching shit footy !
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 06, 2015 12:18 am

EldersUniSA wrote:
someguy1 wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:SAAFL have hard copies of all games from way back when Jesus played half-back.
Many moons ago I had to go down there and spend a day photocopying and many days transposing onto a spreadsheet so that we could update all of our player records. Not a fun job, but someone had to do it.
I know of some players that have gone down to take a look through the record themselves in the past.
Like most things, if you give the League a call and ask the question, I think you will find that they can be quite accommodating.

Cheers I figured that would be the case. If we can get back to 07 that would be enough to cover all current players I think. Anything past that will need to be done at some point but not as urgent.

Went through the same process with my cricket club about 10 years ago, bit easier as we had the old scorebooks in a shed going back to 1960.

I just finished summarizing our cricket records. Took a long time but hopefully automatic from now on through mycricket (and hopefully lasts forever) . Might be a good investment if the AFL invest in a central website for aussie rules comps.

Nearly all leagues are on SportingPulse now
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 am

What does the (i) represent in the Sunday Mail next to players names?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 06, 2015 9:41 am

ineligible for the medal....probs from last year
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times