SAAFL Player records

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Player records

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2015 9:52 am

Mr Beefy wrote:ineligible for the medal....probs from last year

That's what I thought, so if they got found guilty last year, they can't win this years medal.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby carey » Wed May 06, 2015 10:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That's what I thought, so if they got found guilty last year, they can't win this years medal.

I know a couple of players that have had that next to theyre name for the last few years. So I don't think it's anything to do with being eligible for the medal.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 am

Maybe they were ineligible each of the last few years
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2015 10:37 am

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I know a couple of players that have had that next to theyre name for the last few years. So I don't think it's anything to do with being eligible for the medal.

Same. Maybe they're "certified idiots"? I would'v had a capital I in that case.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 am

Yeah, it's from last year and they're supposed to remove the "I's" - contact HQ to have them removed.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2015 11:08 am

Footy Chick wrote:Yeah, it's from last year and they're supposed to remove the "I's" - contact HQ to have them removed.

It doesn't really affect my time in the house.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed May 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Entertaining thread and it puts some fun into our great game. By the way FC it was great to catch up again last Saturday you've been a terrific supporter of our club.

Maybe we could bring in chat on some of all our club greats. Joe Leck has 'officially' played over 200 games at the den according to League records, played over 300 games according to our club records but probably played over 400 in reality when he played A's and B's on the same day in the dark times at MP and only one game counted. I love him to bits and represents our club proudly and at 40 something still lines up each week.
He played a handful of games last year with gout that was so bad he could hardly walk and still bagged a couple of majors.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:54 pm

We'll have a bloke notch up 400 (all going well) before the year is out. Guesses FC?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Gav Dew or Slapey would be my guess without looking , I thnk Tys not long ago played 300

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby TEX07 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

We will get our first to 300 for the club soon - reckon Shaun Duff could go on and play another 100 to knock out 400 easy.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby S Demon » Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 am

Andre Kulpe has played 2 games so far this year taking him to 421. Could have been 422 on Saturday but we made him umpire.. :lol:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Thu May 07, 2015 10:15 am

Yank Man wrote:Entertaining thread and it puts some fun into our great game. By the way FC it was great to catch up again last Saturday you've been a terrific supporter of our club.

Maybe we could bring in chat on some of all our club greats. Joe Leck has 'officially' played over 200 games at the den according to League records, played over 300 games according to our club records but probably played over 400 in reality when he played A's and B's on the same day in the dark times at MP and only one game counted. I love him to bits and represents our club proudly and at 40 something still lines up each week.
He played a handful of games last year with gout that was so bad he could hardly walk and still bagged a couple of majors.

If someone plays two games on the same day they get credited with 2 games at HV.

I would say with the introduction of sporting pulse they would now get credited with two games by the league also
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 07, 2015 10:51 am

S Demon wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Entertaining thread and it puts some fun into our great game. By the way FC it was great to catch up again last Saturday you've been a terrific supporter of our club.

If someone plays two games on the same day they get credited with 2 games at HV.

I would say with the introduction of sporting pulse they would now get credited with two games by the league also

there are games played reports and rounds played reports so not necessarily true
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby S Demon » Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
S Demon wrote:

there are games played reports and rounds played reports so not necessarily true

I was just referring to clicking on a specific player (and used one I know played 2 games on Saturday) and it said his last game was in Div 8 on 2/5/14 and Div 8R on 2/5/14 in his player profile
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 07, 2015 4:47 pm

EldersUniSA wrote:
someguy1 wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:SAAFL have hard copies of all games from way back when Jesus played half-back.
Many moons ago I had to go down there and spend a day photocopying and many days transposing onto a spreadsheet so that we could update all of our player records. Not a fun job, but someone had to do it.
I know of some players that have gone down to take a look through the record themselves in the past.
Like most things, if you give the League a call and ask the question, I think you will find that they can be quite accommodating.

Cheers I figured that would be the case. If we can get back to 07 that would be enough to cover all current players I think. Anything past that will need to be done at some point but not as urgent.

Went through the same process with my cricket club about 10 years ago, bit easier as we had the old scorebooks in a shed going back to 1960.

I just finished summarizing our cricket records. Took a long time but hopefully automatic from now on through mycricket (and hopefully lasts forever) . Might be a good investment if the AFL invest in a central website for aussie rules comps.

Do you mean you put the old records in from before mycricket? Our clubs relatively new and some of our first year stats aren't entered. I tried to do that but got stuck and couldn't figure it out - to me it felt like I could retrospectively add stuff. I also tried to consolidate a few players' names, who had been registered at other clubs (to combine their stats), but couldn't do that, either. Maybe I'm just no good technomologically.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Do you mean you put the old records in from before mycricket? Our clubs relatively new and some of our first year stats aren't entered. I tried to do that but got stuck and couldn't figure it out - to me it felt like I could retrospectively add stuff. I also tried to consolidate a few players' names, who had been registered at other clubs (to combine their stats), but couldn't do that, either. Maybe I'm just no good technomologically.

You can do all of that if you need to - the consolidating records is actually the easiest of the lot:

Teams > People > Person Duplicate Report > Search all mycricket > Submit for Merge.

Going back and entering historic data is time consuming though, and you need to have the association on board to help because you need draws/grades setup for that year.
Last edited by The Bedge on Thu May 07, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 pm

All the draws and grades are there - because it was only eight years ago.
I might need a tutorial!
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:All the draws and grades are there - because it was only eight years ago.
I might need a tutorial!

Teams > Past Season Data Entry > Summary Statistics Import > Import File (upload the excel spreadsheet that you can download)

or

Teams > Past Season Data Entry > Summary Statisics Management - you can add individual player summary records.

I think from memory (since it's now footy season not cricket), you need to send a request to mycricket support requesting access to upload historic data for a particular season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Cricket schmicket

Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Cricket schmicket

:lol: Thought you were going to point out its a footy thread and that discussion doesnt belong here ;)
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League