1%
Salisbury North
14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:21 pm

Yes, SAAFL , how dare you punish blokes who belt other blokes on the field...soften your stance and let everyone go the biff rather than play footy. :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby test » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, SAAFL , how dare you punish blokes who belt other blokes on the field...soften your stance and let everyone go the biff rather than play footy. :roll:

Agree, what's SANFL got to do with it? If your found guilty of an offense in your current league you should be penalized accordingly*.

*i didn't see his offenses or have any comment regarding them*
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby footys the winner » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, SAAFL , how dare you punish blokes who beltother blokes on the field...soften your stance and let everyone go the biff rather than play footy. :roll:

Define please.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Define what, belting someone? Hit, smack, punch, kick, king hit, inflict harm on another person?

Im not talking shitty jumper punching - c'mon I'm a realist, argy bargy like that is harmless but crap like kicking blokes in the head while they're on the ground or repeatedly punching blokes in the head whilst having them in a headlock isn't cool (for example)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:04 pm

If the bloke has a long suspension why would a club at the next level up take him on, he still has to serve out the ban before he can play again...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby baggy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:20 am

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, SAAFL , how dare you punish blokes who belt other blokes on the field...soften your stance and let everyone go the biff rather than play footy. :roll:

I never said don't report players did I. just review the amount of games handed down by tribunal need reviewing it way to high for some incidents.
As most report don't have any video evidence,they go only on the umpires report.
baggy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby swingman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 am

Bumped into Ricky Pearce at late night last night, he sounded pretty confident that he and the club were close to securing ex Sanfl player Shane Harris. He said he had verbally agreed via phone call that he would be at the dome next year if he returns to Adelaide which is highly likely I'm told. I'm sure piccachu could shed some light on this
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby bird of prey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:01 am

baggy wrote:

I never said don't report players did I. just review the amount of games handed down by tribunal need reviewing it way to high for some incidents.
As most report don't have any video evidence,they go only on the umpires report.

Pretty certain with the player you're talking about, it was the video evidence that got him those games :shock:

Further to that, some players should be lucky that it mostly goes on the umpires evidence, as there are a lot of incidents that they miss and go unpunished.
I reckon generally they get it right.

If you're disputing the amount of games the player got from the GF, then I reckon it's already been covered a couple of pages back.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 am

swingman wrote:Bumped into Ricky Pearce at late night last night, he sounded pretty confident that he and the club were close to securing ex Sanfl player Shane Harris. He said he had verbally agreed via phone call that he would be at the dome next year if he returns to Adelaide which is highly likely I'm told. I'm sure piccachu could shed some light on this

Did you bump into him at the Portland footy club where he had several hours of meetings or was it at his house where he went after the meeting?? :shock: I think fantasy and reality have once again crossed paths on the forums, who woulda thunked it :) My mail is Shane Harris will not be at the Dome next year.

Now for big breaking news that i am told is based on facts... Portland have signed Brad "The Nose" Dittmar. With a couple of his mates also on the radar. Will be catching up with the media superstar on the weekend and will hopefully be able to devuldge full contract details early next week ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby bloke » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:13 am

swingman wrote:Bumped into Ricky Pearce at late night last night, he sounded pretty confident that he and the club were close to securing ex Sanfl player Shane Harris. He said he had verbally agreed via phone call that he would be at the dome next year if he returns to Adelaide which is highly likely I'm told. I'm sure piccachu could shed some light on this

Harris would be a zero pointer for Portland too??
BRING BACK THE TAPEROO FOOTY CLUB
bloke
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby lutz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:45 am

wristwatcher wrote:

Did you bump into him at the Portland footy club where he had several hours of meetings or was it at his house where he went after the meeting?? :shock: I think fantasy and reality have once again crossed paths on the forums, who woulda thunked it :) My mail is Shane Harris will not be at the Dome next year.

Now for big breaking news that i am told is based on facts... Portland have signed Brad "The Nose" Dittmar. With a couple of his mates also on the radar. Will be catching up with the media superstar on the weekend and will hopefully be able to devuldge full contract details early next week ;)

I don't think it's fact, but he has been known to lurk around the ThunderDome.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby swingman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:51 am

wristwatcher wrote:

Who are you to say your mail is more correct then mine when you don't know me from a bar of soap ? Has Shane Harris told you he will 100% not be playing at Portland next year ?
swingman
Rookie

Postby Cash 123 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am

wristwatcher wrote:

What mates he doesnt have any
Cash 123
Under 18s

Been liked: 22 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:05 pm

At this time of year nothing regarding next year is 100%. Highly unlikely is what i was told but being a Portland junior its no suprise his name has appeared on this thread. If by chance he does appear in a Thunder jumper next year i will tip my hat to you and apologise but i wouldnt think the notoriously tight Portland purse strings would be loosened enough to get him back.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Cash 123 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

What mates he doesnt have any

Hurtfull but humorous :lol:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:11 pm

bird of prey wrote:
baggy wrote:

Pretty certain with the player you're talking about, it was the video evidence that got him those games :shock:

Further to that, some players should be lucky that it mostly goes on the umpires evidence, as there are a lot of incidents that they miss and go unpunished.
I reckon generally they get it right.

If you're disputing the amount of games the player got from the GF, then I reckon it's already been covered a couple of pages back.

Yeah they all had beers together back at RIck's Place, Rick, Shane and Richard Tambling. :roll: Gotta love pre season rumours.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby footys the winner » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Define what, belting someone? Hit, smack, punch, kick, king hit, inflict harm on another person?

Im not talking shitty jumper punching - c'mon I'm a realist, argy bargy like that is harmless but crap like kicking blokes in the head while they're on the ground or repeatedly punching blokes in the head whilst having them in a headlock isn't cool (for example)

Callum did none of them and still getting 15 games. Joke!
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 pm

footys the winner wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Define what, belting someone? Hit, smack, punch, kick, king hit, inflict harm on another person?

Callum did none of them and still getting 15 games. Joke!

As I said previously I was surprised by 15 games and felt for the guy but to say he did none of them is the joke. He was suspended on video evidence so he had to of done something or the suspension would not be upheld.

Legitimate question ; Is he appealing?
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:43 pm

swingman wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Who are you to say your mail is more correct then mine when you don't know me from a bar of soap ? Has Shane Harris told you he will 100% not be playing at Portland next year ?

I believe I will be proven wrong on this one. I'm hearing the planets will align and he will return from interstate and be at Portland next year. I stand corrected. Your mail is better than mine. :oops:

Facts on a forum, who woulda thunked it :shock:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby swingman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:26 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
swingman wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

I believe I will be proven wrong on this one. I'm hearing the planets will align and he will return from interstate and be at Portland next year. I stand corrected. Your mail is better than mine. :oops:

Facts on a forum, who woulda thunked it :shock:

I take it his meeting go went well then
swingman
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League