SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby beef » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:07 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:so you lose a handful of players and you can choose to go down??? wasn't sure that could be an option...

not having a go, just curious to see how this works.

They just make it up as they go along, then will say something like "at their discretion". Too bad, get flogged for two/three years, maybe develop juniors.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm

I just read they lost 5 players... is that true?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Groover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 pm

No, we have lost 20 out of the 21 regular a graders from last year, hardly a handful.
And to answer another question no we are not close to closing our doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby S Demon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Groover wrote:No, we have lost 20 out of the 21 regular a graders from last year, hardly a handful.
And to answer another question no we are not close to closing our doors

Well if that's true, would you be any more competitive in Div 4?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 pm

put a 1 in front of that 5 and that'd be more accurate... *edit - close, thanks Groove :)

I think folding is going a bit far Joker. They've lost pretty much a whole A grade side and their coaches. From what I've been told the funds to recruit are still available to a point but it pushes the point home that none of us local clubs can compete with the $$ that country clubs are throwing around

At the end of the day, BL are just as much eligible to take advantage of the no promotion rule as any Div 8 or any div 7 team - and even though we know what they've lost, I'm not sure I agree with a GF runner up side being demoted to div 5 for their efforts.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Groover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

No, we arent looking like we would be competitive in any divison at the moment, hence my disappointment.
But the club has made a decision and weather anyone of us like it, its too bad.
We need to just accept it and move on.

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:put a 1 in front of that 5 and that'd be more accurate... *edit - close, thanks Groove :)

I think folding is going a bit far Joker. They've lost pretty much a whole A grade side and their coaches. From what I've been told the funds to recruit are still available to a point but it pushes the point home that none of us local clubs can compete with the $$ that country clubs are throwing around

At the end of the day, BL are just as much eligible to take advantage of the no promotion rule as any Div 8 or any div 7 team - and even though we know what they've lost, I'm not sure I agree with a GF runner up side being demoted to div 5 for their efforts.

then why are they going down???
can't they battle it out for a year instead of opting out?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Groover wrote:No, we arent looking like we would be competitive in any divison at the moment, hence my disappointment.
But the club has made a decision and weather anyone of us like it, its too bad.
We need to just accept it and move on.

Just to drive Groovers point home....

If anyone remembers playing Lodges B grade last year? That would pretty much be their A grade side for next year.

Pros: At least Bear will get an A grade game ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:put a 1 in front of that 5 and that'd be more accurate... *edit - close, thanks Groove :)

It's not a given yet.

But read my post above and it will put it in perspective.

Footy Chick

Postby Groover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Not many people in this division would remember playong our b grade last year fc ;)

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:37 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Muffler wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:So this would mean either Eastern Park or Mitcham come back up. What happens if both want to stay down and no div 4 team wants to jump up?

I have heard that EP has declined the offer and Mitcham will be playing in Div 3 again in 2014.

How would EP get offered the chance when they finished bottom? Wouldn't Mitcham have to decline first?

Mitcham finished bottom, EP finished 9th

Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

It's not a given yet.

Surely you cop the heat now and then try and rebuild in div 4 next year, rather than potentially rebuilding in div 5 next year...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 pm

That's what I said, I think they should stay in div 4 and not go to div 5 but then you look at their B grade from last year....

Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:That's what I said, I think they should stay in div 4 and not go to div 5 but then you look at their B grade from last year....

I think he was alluding to them staying in d3 and going into D4 next year... if they happen to get relegated
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 pm

:lol: now we're all confused

Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:That's what I said, I think they should stay in div 4 and not go to div 5 but then you look at their B grade from last year....

I think he was alluding to them staying in d3 and going into D4 next year... if they happen to get relegated

Correct
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Muffler wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:So this would mean either Eastern Park or Mitcham come back up. What happens if both want to stay down and no div 4 team wants to jump up?

I have heard that EP has declined the offer and Mitcham will be playing in Div 3 again in 2014.

How would EP get offered the chance when they finished bottom? Wouldn't Mitcham have to decline first?

Mitcham finished bottom, EP finished 9th

Really?

Well my apologies muffler- makes sense now :)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times

Postby Groover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 pm

S Demon wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

It's not a given yet.

Surely you cop the heat now and then try and rebuild in div 4 next year, rather than potentially rebuilding in div 5 next year...

Well that would have been my preferance, but in the interest of the club, the committee have made a unanimous decision to pursue a position in a lower divsion

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby Jetters » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:54 pm

This all sounds a bit bullshit to me. Part of building a club is doing so sustainably.
BL should get the pros and cons of what they (appear to) have built, they have enjoyed a few years of great success, if they haven't developed a loyal playing group in that time then that's unfortunate.
Take the good with the bad.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:50 am

Groover wrote:Well that would have been my preferance, but in the interest of the club, the committee have made a unanimous decision to pursue a position in a lower divsion

SO going by what you wrote, the board took the easy way out! Any reason the board didn't approach the members and got there thoughts??? Like you said you would have prefered to stay up.

Like i said in an earlier post, i am certainly not having a go. Plympton were in the exact same position in 2005. But instead of asking to be relegated we battled it out, 30-40 goal loses to PNU on 2 occasions. winless for the whole year and believe it or not and in a strange way made the core group of players who stuck around tighter and in 2011 that same core group were rewarded with a flag... ALOT of work was done!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League