SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby easy TIGA » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:07 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
Suri wrote:
carey wrote:
retired60 wrote:Heard from reliable source that Drew Litster is going to Kilburn.

I heard the same thing mate.

Any reasons on why Lister would leave ROCS for Kilburn? Money is obviously one, but I would've thought Lister would stay a ROCS player until he couldn't walk anymore.

I heard that he wasn't in their plans for2014 and wldnt get an A grade game so I guess he's moved on...

Surely a guy of his skill and experience is not getting told he is no longer required. Thats just silly. Ive heard that he didn't want to commit to div 1 footy any more. Money wasnt why he left although im sure he is getting some. As kilburn do pay players unlike any other club in saafl.. handy pick up to cover some losses for the chics.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby LegsAway » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Is todd stanton still running around at modbury this year? Few clubs after his services........ big loss for the hawks if he chooses to move on
LegsAway
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CMS Crows

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:17 pm

This article should clear things up about Drew Lister a little bit. I must say I am surprised he left the ROCS, I thought he was red and black through and through.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6808646006
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:42 am

Heard a rumour that matt whelan has quit brahma lodge? Any one from brahmas shed some light on this?
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby GEESKIP » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am

easy TIGA wrote:Heard a rumour that matt whelan has quit brahma lodge? Any one from brahmas shed some light on this?

Also heard a rumour the B grade coach has quit, due to the fact numbers at training arent what they had hoped and the lack of players committing to the club. Heard the club may be approaching the SAAFL about the possiblity of dropping grades.
This would be very dissappointing as the club has come along way in the past 5 years, going from Div 6 to Div 3.
GEESKIP
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 pm

GEESKIP wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:Heard a rumour that matt whelan has quit brahma lodge? Any one from brahmas shed some light on this?

Also heard a rumour the B grade coach has quit, due to the fact numbers at training arent what they had hoped and the lack of players committing to the club. Heard the club may be approaching the SAAFL about the possiblity of dropping grades.
This would be very dissappointing as the club has come along way in the past 5 years, going from Div 6 to Div 3.

re dropping grades....sounds like they want to enjoy the gain without the pain........
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

nothing of the sort, just for the record.

But not for me to elaborate on...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm

GEESKIP wrote:

Why didn't you put this bit in here?

GEESKIP wrote:Sedan/Cambrai definatly spending big.....a few boys from Brahma I know heading there for good coin include Tim Aloisi, Dan Hickey, Matty Leigh, Dene Steele & Steve Craven. Unfortunatly the majority of SAAFL clubs cant pay the sort of money being thrown around in country leagues and some players will take it wherever they can get it even if the club is a struggling one and uncompetitive. I hope these guys can make a difference and help the club rise up the ladder. All good footballers and top blokes, Good luck to them.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Footy Chick wrote:nothing of the sort, just for the record.

So why comment?
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Groover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

All of the above is true from what I have heard in the past few days.
I for one was very disappointed that the club has requested to drop down, but as the only player from last years regular side that has signed on I can't really hold the club responsible for the action that has been taken.
A collective of players leaving/retiring and lack of players wanting to make the move and commitment to our club has unfortunately put us in this position.
A few tough years ahead for us that is for sure.
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Groover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Cohiba wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:

re dropping grades....sounds like they want to enjoy the gain without the pain........

I would have been more than happy to stay in div3 and endure the pain, but for the competitions sake and for the group of players who would have had to fill the gaping holes in our side, it is in the best interest for us to go down.
We will by no means be strong in any division this year as a result of this and you have my word on that.
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:nothing of the sort, just for the record.

So why comment?

a) because I can

b) to dispel your comment until such time that someone from the club can set the record straight

You clearly knew nothing, so why did you comment, besides to shit-stir?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Masha » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Groover wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:

I would have been more than happy to stay in div3 and endure the pain, but for the competitions sake and for the group of players who would have had to fill the gaping holes in our side, it is in the best interest for us to go down.
We will by no means be strong in any division this year as a result of this and you have my word on that.

I understand what you are saying cohiba, however it would have been a blight on the league to have a side in division 3 lose by 30-40 goals per week. That is not an over exaggeration also. The side would have been made up by majority b/c graders. Wherever placed by the league the a grade will find it very difficult to get the wins on the board.
This is not ideal, however the club has been forced into his situation due to a number of factors , but mainly due to the fact 90 percent of a graders from last year have left. As geeskip mentioned in another topic, the cash thrown at some of them was too good to refuse on their part. Unfortunately that is the way it is these days. And from this, we can confidently dispel the notion that the lodge have had an endless bucket of money is years gone.

The club will survive, it just needs to rebuild and get a culture going like some of the clubs we have played against previously and respected. That's where the club will head from here. It always knew players would leave, just not in one hit!

All the best to Matty whelan on whatever direction he takes from this. It's a shame it has come to this as he looked to have the goods as a senior coach.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:08 pm

So it's confirmed are gone from d3????
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:13 pm

If what has been said is true- then its a shame for all involved at BL.

Trying to make light of the situation- but can you replace EP? ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby BZB27 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 pm

So this would mean either Eastern Park or Mitcham come back up. What happens if both want to stay down and no div 4 team wants to jump up?
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Muffler » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Brayman19 wrote:So this would mean either Eastern Park or Mitcham come back up. What happens if both want to stay down and no div 4 team wants to jump up?

I have heard that EP has declined the offer and Mitcham will be playing in Div 3 again in 2014.
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby the joker » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Brahma close to closing the doors?
That's the rumours floating around
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Muffler wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:So this would mean either Eastern Park or Mitcham come back up. What happens if both want to stay down and no div 4 team wants to jump up?

I have heard that EP has declined the offer and Mitcham will be playing in Div 3 again in 2014.

How would EP get offered the chance when they finished bottom? Wouldn't Mitcham have to decline first?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 pm

so you lose a handful of players and you can choose to go down??? wasn't sure that could be an option...

not having a go, just curious to see how this works.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League