SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby Fricky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
the joker wrote:In the last 20 minutes of the game, the way a group of about ten modbury supporters was a disgrace. Throwing full cans of beer over the players race towards unley supporters.
The main culprit was a bloke with a dirty mustache and small dreads.

Was away from this action, but the way I heard it was the opposite. So there you have it, two different stories. No arrests, no one thrown out, lots of security on, perhaps it was all a beat up.

Why would someone throw full cans of beer? What a waste or beer and money.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Suri wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:
the joker wrote:In the last 20 minutes of the game, the way a group of about ten modbury supporters was a disgrace. Throwing full cans of beer over the players race towards unley supporters.
The main culprit was a bloke with a dirty mustache and small dreads.

Was away from this action, but the way I heard it was the opposite. So there you have it, two different stories. No arrests, no one thrown out, lots of security on, perhaps it was all a beat up.

Why would someone throw full cans of beer? What a waste or beer and money.

unless it was VB. ..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby BigB » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 pm

To clear things up - assuming people will believe me who have a vested interest not to...
I was in between the two stands where the video's were set up recording and had a perfect view of what was happening - right in front of me.
The first can definitely went from the Hawks camp into the Jets camp. This followed increasingly hostile and unsportsmanlike taunting of the Unley crowd as Modbury realised they were being gifted a flag and sought to rub it in. Rather than ignore this idiot minority (most there were well behaved) some of the Jets cohort taunted in response and the can incident then occurred. The said can was thrown back to it's owner - again, another lapse in judgement but not without provocation.
Sensing something bad was about to happen, I went into the main group of Hawks supporters who were attempting to incite the Unley people and merely began shaking hands and congratulating them on their win. I was clearly a Jets supporter and the effect was to take the heat out of the situation. I also suggested they return to celebrating their imminent win rather than focus on our crowd.. things then seemed to settle. The whole incident whilst ugly was over quickly, tho some verbal taunting from both sides continued for a little while until the final siren sounded.
Grainger set the best example by acknowledging our team in a positive way and was dignified in victory. Some Hawks supporters were clearly keen to put the boot in despite the game being over - says more about them as people than the club I'd suggest. I would point out the Jets side remained on the ground throughout the pressos in respect of the winning side, despite being shattered at the result knowing they missed a huge opportunity for a flag.
As for suggestions that we throw projectiles at people? - sledging maybe, but anyone who would risk our club reputation by acting violently would be asked to leave and not come back. I have been at every home game in the last 6 years and have never seen or heard of it happening, so that comment is somewhat slanderous I'd suggest. We have too much to lose and have our sights set on bigger goals and will not tolerate that kind of behaviour at the club. Many of us have worked too hard to get the club into Div 2 to see our efforts ruined by idiotic behaviour.
In short, emotions got the better of some from both sides, it's over now - everyone needs to move on.
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:27 pm

BigB wrote:To clear things up - assuming people will believe me who have a vested interest not to...
I was in between the two stands where the video's were set up recording and had a perfect view of what was happening - right in front of me.
The first can definitely went from the Hawks camp into the Jets camp. This followed increasingly hostile and unsportsmanlike taunting of the Unley crowd as Modbury realised they were being gifted a flag and sought to rub it in. Rather than ignore this idiot minority (most there were well behaved) some of the Jets cohort taunted in response and the can incident then occurred. The said can was thrown back to it's owner - again, another lapse in judgement but not without provocation.
Sensing something bad was about to happen, I went into the main group of Hawks supporters who were attempting to incite the Unley people and merely began shaking hands and congratulating them on their win. I was clearly a Jets supporter and the effect was to take the heat out of the situation. I also suggested they return to celebrating their imminent win rather than focus on our crowd.. things then seemed to settle. The whole incident whilst ugly was over quickly, tho some verbal taunting from both sides continued for a little while until the final siren sounded.
Grainger set the best example by acknowledging our team in a positive way and was dignified in victory. Some Hawks supporters were clearly keen to put the boot in despite the game being over - says more about them as people than the club I'd suggest. I would point out the Jets side remained on the ground throughout the pressos in respect of the winning side, despite being shattered at the result knowing they missed a huge opportunity for a flag.
As for suggestions that we throw projectiles at people? - sledging maybe, but anyone who would risk our club reputation by acting violently would be asked to leave and not come back. I have been at every home game in the last 6 years and have never seen or heard of it happening, so that comment is somewhat slanderous I'd suggest. We have too much to lose and have our sights set on bigger goals and will not tolerate that kind of behaviour at the club. Many of us have worked too hard to get the club into Div 2 to see our efforts ruined by idiotic behaviour.
In short, emotions got the better of some from both sides, it's over now - everyone needs to move on.

I think the league needs take some responsibility for any trouble as they made the Modbury supporters wait a for another game to be played in-between there 2 games.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Jetters » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:A serious question to Jetters if I may;

Doods has done a ripping job whilst he's been at the club - is he staying on ?

He absolutely has. Hope so
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:25 pm

BigB wrote:To clear things up - assuming people will believe me who have a vested interest not to...

Again liked your post BB. Now I can't attribute any comments on your mob but I can attest from experience that there is an element amongst Modbury's supporter base who definitely "peak" on game days and then again later on when watching re-runs of Delivereance so I understand............Take heart from the fact If your lucky it's only couple of times a year you have to be witness to it....... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Pag » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 am

Well put, that about summed it up from where I was (behind the Unley supporters).

And well done to Unley on staying out for the presos, really not an easy thing to do but the respect for the opposition should alwasy be there. Not every club does it.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby laser » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:unless it was VB. ..

Pretty sure it was Super Dry and pretty sure it was near full. Could have been a lot worse outcome given there were kids in the UMJ supporters group.

Well done to Modbury. They played a good brand of footy and stayed with it all day. Look forward to coming up against them next year.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:35 pm

heater31 wrote:In my experience some Unley Jets supporters are just as feral as those Northerners they are trying to hang shit on.

Never got projectiles thrown at me walking off a ground anywhere but Kingswood Oval....

Heater, will arrange a special tribute for you at Perti this year. Played your course last week, still suffering from claustrophobia.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League