SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby the wonder elephant » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm

scottroo wrote:
Doghouse9 wrote:Is Paul Sherwood coaching at WOS again next year? Are they expected to keep majority of A graders from this season?

Sherwood is going on, and i dont think theyd lose to many!! heard they may have a big signing brewing aswell

Rusling ???
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Dols » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Hoodlum » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 am

Any sneaky signings?

Any coaching goss????
Hoodlum
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:29 pm

when are teams starting pre season training?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby TOSSER » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 pm

TOSFC is extremely excited to announce Chris Eaton as our A Grade Assistant, Luke McCracken as B Grade Coach and Jason Scott as C Grade Coach for season 2014. We sincerely thank Kym Hillard and Ben Johnson for their commitment over the last 2 years and look forward to the new coaching group continuing to build this great club.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby BPwizard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Cheers Tosser
Thanks for the welcome looking forward to a gr8 working relationship and some on field success.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Boosh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 am

North Haven will start training in early January.

No signings as yet.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby piccachu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:18 am

No signings as yet.

No new signings ay, some of your players are saying otherwise.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Boosh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:55 pm

piccachu wrote:

No signings as yet.

No new signings ay, some of your players are saying otherwise.

None as yet mate, have held onto most of last seasons A and B Grade but hopefully have some new faces soon.

You just worry about your fitness regime and not what we are up to
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Hoodlum » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:02 pm

I could be off the mark and shouldn't go on hearsay.... But I've heard angle vale FC are pretty thuggish and that trinity may possibly have a few inmports coming from there! Trinity would want to uphold a respectable image as many college sides do.... Could the connection possibly tarnish a reputation. I can't see sides like PAC, saints, ROCS Recruiting from areas that may brand them thuggish. Any feedback to that TOS readers.
Hoodlum
Rookie

Postby BPwizard » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:15 am

Hoodlum wrote:I could be off the mark and shouldn't go on hearsay.... But I've heard angle vale FC are pretty thuggish and that trinity may possibly have a few inmports coming from there! Trinity would want to uphold a respectable image as many college sides do.... Could the connection possibly tarnish a reputation. I can't see sides like PAC, saints, ROCS Recruiting from areas that may brand them thuggish. Any feedback to that TOS readers.

Gee big statement but you tell me one incident that has made Angle Vale thuggish, coached them for two years and as a playing group in the A grade only had one suspension in two years. And people think and gossip and make judgement, if where a thuggish side would they have made a GF this year in div 7.
Just because they come from the northern suburbs does not make them thuggish.
Angle vale has been blessed from when it entered the SAAFl to have alot of higher div players play in div 7, but they did this to play with mates, hence the reason only missed finals once in 6 years.
BPwizard
Rookie

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:36 am

Ridiculous statement.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby TOSSER » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Hoodlum wrote:I could be off the mark and shouldn't go on hearsay.... But I've heard angle vale FC are pretty thuggish and that trinity may possibly have a few inmports coming from there! Trinity would want to uphold a respectable image as many college sides do.... Could the connection possibly tarnish a reputation. I can't see sides like PAC, saints, ROCS Recruiting from areas that may brand them thuggish. Any feedback to that TOS readers.

Could be off the mark! Well off the mark I would say. Yes we do have a very respectable image, but Angle Vale also does. 1 suspension in 2 years would be up there with the best. Chris is a person of great character and there may well be some Angle Vale players that following him across to test themselves at a higher level but it has been made clear if they do come across that it is important that they show high commitment levels and are also of the right character. Without these 2 characteristics they will find themselves in the C grade or looking for somewhere else to play their footy altogether. At the end of the day, big boys can make there own decisions about where they want to play their footy and it's up to both them and our club to make an effort to support each other.
TOSSER
Rookie

Postby Hoodlum » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Meant no offense... As I said its hearsay. But a bit of a can of worms topic.... Could Westminster or CBCOC posters offer any insight as to what they think of players who come from clubs with potentially poor reputations or rough areas? An interesting discussion
Hoodlum
Rookie

Postby Hoodlum » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm

TOSSER wrote:

Could be off the mark! Well off the mark I would say. Yes we do have a very respectable image, but Angle Vale also does. 1 suspension in 2 years would be up there with the best. Chris is a person of great character and there may well be some Angle Vale players that following him across to test themselves at a higher level but it has been made clear if they do come across that it is important that they show high commitment levels and are also of the right character. Without these 2 characteristics they will find themselves in the C grade or looking for somewhere else to play their footy altogether. At the end of the day, big boys can make there own decisions about where they want to play their footy and it's up to both them and our club to make an effort to support each other.

but it has been made clear if they do come across that it is important that they show high commitment levels and are also of the right character. Without these 2 characteristics they will find themselves in the C grade or looking for somewhere else to play their footy altogether.....

The fact that this even needs to be communicated suggests I may not be those may not be that far off the mark!!!
Hoodlum
Rookie

Postby TOSSER » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Hoodlum wrote:
TOSSER wrote:

but it has been made clear if they do come across that it is important that they show high commitment levels and are also of the right character. Without these 2 characteristics they will find themselves in the C grade or looking for somewhere else to play their footy altogether.....

The fact that this even needs to be communicated suggests I may not be those may not be that far off the mark!!!

You called a team thuggish based on hearsay. The stats show they don't have that reputation. So in my book, you are still way off the mark.
As for the 2 characteristics I mentioned above, that is something I communicate to all new people that come to our club and is not something I directed at Chris because of concerns I have about Angle Vale players. All 3 members of my new coaching team received the same message.
TOSSER
Rookie

Postby tomo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:07 pm

BPwizard wrote:

Gee big statement but you tell me one incident that has made Angle Vale thuggish, coached them for two years and as a playing group in the A grade only had one suspension in two years. And people think and gossip and make judgement, if where a thuggish side would they have made a GF this year in div 7.
Just because they come from the northern suburbs does not make them thuggish.
Angle vale has been blessed from when it entered the SAAFl to have alot of higher div players play in div 7, but they did this to play with mates, hence the reason only missed finals once in 6 years.

We played against Angle Vale four times this year, three times in 4 weeks!.
I did not think they were thuggish at all!
They had some very good players that are easily capable of doing well in div 5 and they played a every game against us in great spirits.

Trinity will be rubbing their hands togeather if they can get some of the best Angle Vale players across!
tomo
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby beeched iizzz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:41 pm

I think that's gettin a little ambitious. Weren't they belted in a div 7 GF.!!! If I were trinity I'd be wanting recruits coming north of the divs rather than sth. I'm sorry and don't mean to sound rude but I don't give a shit how handy people think players are or if ya playing with mates and ra ra ra! It ain't hard to look the bees knees in div 7. Most would be lucky to make the starting line up for trinity. But good for depth.
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby TOSSER » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm

beeched iizzz wrote:I think that's gettin a little ambitious. Weren't they belted in a div 7 GF.!!! If I were trinity I'd be wanting recruits coming north of the divs rather than sth. I'm sorry and don't mean to sound rude but I don't give a shit how handy people think players are or if ya playing with mates and ra ra ra! It ain't hard to look the bees knees in div 7. Most would be lucky to make the starting line up for trinity. But good for depth.

Some good points BI. Of course we want recruits from higher Div's to come but when you are a club that doesn't pay a cent to players, are in a location that is a fair way from where most people live and have the BLG league only a drop-kick away from you, recruiting from higher Div's is a big challenge. Unless they have a good mate at the club it generally doesn't happen. We would like to think that the culture we have created at the club is a great draw card but until people actually come and experience it, it's a tough selling point.

We weren't in Div 7 that long ago and I would still say that the best players in Div 7 were of similar calibre to the best in Div 5. The biggest difference is the depth of players in each team. Adding to our depth is an important focus at our club as we feel that could be improved significantly and if that is all that ends up happening with the recruits we get then hopefully that will help improve our squad with better competition for spots in the team. We felt we weren't far off the pace last year despite our final ladder position. I'm expecting next year to be a pretty even comp again.
TOSSER
Rookie

Postby BPwizard » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:14 am

There is alot of good players in Div 7 the three top teams last year Ingle farm , Angle Vale and Houghton if you had six of there best players from each team i think they would slot into Div 5 teams. And just beacuse you lose a GF doesn t make a few players not good enough for a few players to step up, one team has to lose one team has to win.
If players who where playing higher div choose to goto lower Div but then wanna go higher again, that is the case with alot of players they choose to play with mates who can not play higher. But i have noticed in all the years of footy players who come from higher divs to lower alwasy go back to higher div as they like the challenge it presents.
BPwizard
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League