SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 am

In a division like Div 5, any recruiting could be the difference between playing finals or not. I reckon has been the tightest division in the SAAFL over the last 3 years at least. Even if players are brought in for depth, it can only be a good thing.

I think the stigma being put on Angle Vale by some is more to do with the migration of some "supporters" of a now non-existent club. I dont think they represent that club, or Angle Vale at all, but the clubs have been associated with the crap, which is bullshit.

For the Tossers to be "thuggish" they would need a pretty big change in attitude. Both times I played them last year, the game was played in good spirits. I played the first in the Bs, and the second in the A's, so I think I got a good look at most players at their club.

(I did end up in a scuffle at the end of the Bs game and ended up with a blood nose, but that would be 50/50 thuggish-ness between me and the Tosser) :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Hoodlum » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:06 pm

I played in the 2's game trinity v haven at haven. Saw our skipper got bopped by a young fella from TOS. It was pretty funny... Our skipper had to cop it as he's only got 1 game left before being kicked outta SAAFL. Lucky young lad in my mind. Did you see it HH3... I was laughing
Hoodlum
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Hoodlum wrote:I played in the 2's game trinity v haven at haven. Saw our skipper got bopped by a young fella from TOS. It was pretty funny... Our skipper had to cop it as he's only got 1 game left before being kicked outta SAAFL. Lucky young lad in my mind. Did you see it HH3... I was laughing

Buzz? :shock:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Hoodlum wrote:I played in the 2's game trinity v haven at haven. Saw our skipper got bopped by a young fella from TOS. It was pretty funny... Our skipper had to cop it as he's only got 1 game left before being kicked outta SAAFL. Lucky young lad in my mind. Did you see it HH3... I was laughing

@hoodlum

Yeah I was running water for the Bs that day. If I recall correctly, the young fellas Dad tried to come on the oval too. It was pretty enjoyable to watch. Hilarious even.

Our skipper does attract a little bit of attention. Bit of a smart arse and shit talker, which I really like about him to be honest. I remember one game where he got in an argument after the siren against West Croydon in the A's a couple of years ago and one of our more heroic players had to step in and take charge for him... :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby scottroo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 am

Anyone brave enough to have a crack at a ladder at this early stage?
Medalist?
Goal kicker?

Any clubs made any signings? Any mass walkouts or losses?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby GEESKIP » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:05 am

Elizabeth FC are holding their meet the coaches day this Sunday (10th) @ 11am. All past, current, New players & Family members are welcome to come along and meet new A grade coach Carey Payne, B grade Danny Walton & C grade Geoff Ryles. BBQ lunch.
Pre season training commencing on Wednesday 4th Dec @ 6.30pm.
GEESKIP
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Dols » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:08 pm

GEESKIP wrote:Elizabeth FC are holding their meet the coaches day this Sunday (10th) @ 11am. All past, current, New players & Family members are welcome to come along and meet new A grade coach Carey Payne, B grade Danny Walton & C grade Geoff Ryles. BBQ lunch.

What's this in the Div 5 section, didn't Elizabeth win the premiership undefeated and go up to Div 4. Sorry haven't read the forum since last pre season[WINKING FACE]
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby GEESKIP » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Dols wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:Elizabeth FC are holding their meet the coaches day this Sunday (10th) @ 11am. All past, current, New players & Family members are welcome to come along and meet new A grade coach Carey Payne, B grade Danny Walton & C grade Geoff Ryles. BBQ lunch.

What's this in the Div 5 section, didn't Elizabeth win the premiership undefeated and go up to Div 4. Sorry haven't read the forum since last pre season[WINKING FACE][/qe]
Haha, how did North Haven go? Thats right they didn't play finals cause they stacked their B grade!! Word is they have put a committee in place to ensure this doesn't happen next season and their better players actually play in the A grade.
GEESKIP
Rookie

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 pm

GEESKIP wrote:
Dols wrote:

What's this in the Div 5 section, didn't Elizabeth win the premiership undefeated and go up to Div 4. Sorry haven't read the forum since last pre season[WINKING FACE][/qe]
Haha, how did North Haven go? Thats right they didn't play finals cause they stacked their B grade!! Word is they have put a committee in place to ensure this doesn't happen next season and their better players actually play in the A grade.

Well that's all false information
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby superboot7 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Don't hang any shit on the B's at haven! All players who played qualified.... Hardly stacked the side. Majority of havens 2's played 2's 90% of year.
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Here we go :roll:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby GEESKIP » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:13 pm

superboot7 wrote:Don't hang any shit on the B's at haven! All players who played qualified.... Hardly stacked the side. Majority of havens 2's played 2's 90% of year.

Never said they stacked their side in the "finals" their side was stacked "all" season with guys that should have been playing A grade but preferred to play Bs ;) as for the committee being set up to make sure the best players play in the appropriate sides, I work with a NH player and that came from his mouth
GEESKIP
Rookie

Postby Dols » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Straight sets [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby superboot7 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:16 am

You used the word 'preferred' to play B's during minor round... That's in correct
Blokes like:
- Batesy ( had ups and down with training )
- dirty (work commitment)
- Ty 'the difference' Deurdan ( another planet)
They are probably 3 consistent A graders that for the above reasons played more in the 2's this year. Throughout the season haves 2's filled holes in the A grade each week and made valid contributions also. The 2's didn't win 19 games this year because of stacked sides. Many of the Haven 2's have all been proven A graders and are now playing 2's. we had a great side this year and the A's dropped a couple of sitters unfortunately otherwise they'd have been in finals also.. .. Losses to WC and Fitzroy bit them in the arse. Lets hope both sides take 2014 by the short and curlies!!
superboot7
Under 16s

Postby superboot7 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 am

As for a committee being set up to ensure best players play A grade..... I can tell ya for fact... Not 1 player who was picked in the A grade this year went to the coach and said.... Ummmm coach... I'd prefer to play 2's. the sides that were picked were the sides that played, so maybe committee needs to focus on whose picked!
superboot7
Under 16s

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 am

GEESKIP, which NH player do you work with?

And just going on with what Superboot has said, each week Thorno picked the best A grade 21 he had at his disposal who were fit and training consistently, it just turned out the B grade had blokes that are capable of playing A grade. Plenty of guys like HH3 for example came up to the A grade after playing some good footy in the 2's and others like myself did drop back down because of fitness and form (copped a heavy head knock against Fitzroy and that effected my form until the last two games) and played in the 2's towards the end of the season. Therefore both of us missed out on playing B grade finals.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Havens folk please refresh my memory...

Who was the trainer we used to talk about ..not lance!

Footy Chick

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Havens folk please refresh my memory...

Lisa! :)
How long ago was it?
Not Windmill(Kev from the magpies cheer squad)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Its funny how most of the B grade players that played in the Grandy have played majority of the B's for the past 2 seasons. Most of the players that played this year also played in the losing GF last year. Cant really stack a side if its the same side from last year.

Also, we had players like Old Man Rowlands playing....explain to me how that is anything but a detriment to our side... ;) :lol:

Plus the Bs gave up one of their best players to the As in Round 9 and he never returned. Poor buggers had to struggle on without him. ;) :lol:

...it was me...im talking about myself....
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Havens folk please refresh my memory...

Lisa! :)
How long ago was it?
Not Windmill(Kev from the magpies cheer squad)

Ha! not me, that was too long ago :lol: and not Bill either...

Nah, he was from about 5-6 years ago and he thought he knew everything. I reckon OB was coach at the time...

I reckon we used to pay him out about his girlfriends hot dogs or something? GAAAAAHHH, I can't remember his name! :(

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League