SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby jo172 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 am

It is about time for our annual discussion of what constitutes a king hit.

In any event he hit a bloke looking the other way off the ball in the head.

Lucky boy to only get 7 weeks (yes have seen the video)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am

Boosh wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It was both.

Incorrect

not incorrect.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby OKC! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:22 am

Off the ball incidents where someone is struck to the head should be life...What defence can you have to hitting someone in the head no where near the ball? Its a thug act and should be life. No place in the game for stuff like that.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby superlative steve » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 am

OKC! wrote:Off the ball incidents where someone is struck to the head should be life...What defence can you have to hitting someone in the head no where near the ball? Its a thug act and should be life. No place in the game for stuff like that.

Just trying to find out what happened without having to watch that horrible grand final...totally agree if the guy wasn't looking but there is a big difference between that and a fight off the ball.
superlative steve
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:35 am

In other news - I'm not sure how valid this one is as it's a bit of a dodgy source but I hear that Paul Marshall will be the new coach of North Haven?

Please dispel or confirm....

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby superlative steve » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:38 am

Footy Chick wrote:In other news - I'm not sure how valid this one is as it's a bit of a dodgy source but I hear that Paul Marshall will be the new coach of North Haven?

Please dispel or confirm....

wrong
superlative steve
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:39 am

I thought so.

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:42 am

OKC! wrote:Off the ball incidents where someone is struck to the head should be life...What defence can you have to hitting someone in the head no where near the ball? Its a thug act and should be life. No place in the game for stuff like that.

It wasn't the hardest hit in the world, not quite as bad as the infamous Hills Video.

Still horribly dirty, I would have given him one less than a life ban so as much as he even looks at an umpire funny again he's finished.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby OKC! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:49 am

jo172 wrote:

It wasn't the hardest hit in the world, not quite as bad as the infamous Hills Video.

Still horribly dirty, I would have given him one less than a life ban so as much as he even looks at an umpire funny again he's finished.

Actually you are right, one short is probably acceptable, everyone does deserve a second chance... and just to be clear, I wasn't talking about the GF incident. I didn't see or hear about that one until today, I am just talking about in general!

@superlative steve... your right, there is a huge difference between a fight and king hit, fight is not as bad as you are expecting it! Well... you should be if your toe to toe.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby WOS Dragons » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:54 am

He ran up behind our player who was watching the play which was about 10m away and swung a fist into his face. Luckily our player who had no time to defend himself or warning it was going to happen had only a mild concussion and sore jaw for a week. It could have been a lot more serious. We wouldn't have sent the video in if it was a minor incident but this sort of thing has no place in footy.

I would call a king hit a hit to the head when the other person isn't looking which is exactly what this was.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby OKC! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 am

WOS Dragons wrote:He ran up behind our player who was watching the play which was about 10m away and swung a fist into his face. Luckily our player who had no time to defend himself or warning it was going to happen had only a mild concussion and sore jaw for a week. It could have been a lot more serious. We wouldn't have sent the video in if it was a minor incident but this sort of thing has no place in footy.

I would call a king hit a hit to the head when the other person isn't looking which is exactly what this was.

That is 100% king hit. Sometimes it can be out of character for the person to do, but in the end, has to be penalised. Mind you the tribunal system is so laughable, surprised they got this one right in relation to penalty.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby Boosh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:19 am

WOS Dragons wrote:He ran up behind our player who was watching the play which was about 10m away and swung a fist into his face. Luckily our player who had no time to defend himself or warning it was going to happen had only a mild concussion and sore jaw for a week. It could have been a lot more serious. We wouldn't have sent the video in if it was a minor incident but this sort of thing has no place in footy.

If he didn't expect it he's a bit foolish because he gave the Haven player one in the guts just prior and the Haven player went to punch him in the guts and he ducked into it, strange for someone who didn't know it was coming.

Regardless I thought about 8 games prior to the hearing so 7 is close to the mark
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Boosh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:24 am

North Havens coach will be announced tonight at Presentations can rule Paul Marshall out though.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:26 am

Should the 2015 threads be opened now so we don't have to talk to peasants in Div 5 anymore? ;) ;) ;) ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:27 am

yeah, I'll get there - will probably do it over the weekend when I have some time.

Footy Chick

Postby bubba love » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:26 am

Wasn't a king hit and was 11 games down to 7, they also threw in another charge whilst there
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby OKC! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Boosh wrote:

If he didn't expect it he's a bit foolish because he gave the Haven player one in the guts just prior and the Haven player went to punch him in the guts and he ducked into it, strange for someone who didn't know it was coming.

Regardless I thought about 8 games prior to the hearing so 7 is close to the mark

He ducked into it? But wasn't looking???
Only way to settle this is to get the footage on here :)
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby Browny25 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Brahma Lodge Football Club is pleased to annouce the appointment of Wayne Knowles as Senior Coach for season 2015.

Wayne brings over 25 years of football experience, and most recently has been involved with Ingle Farm and Mawsons Lakes Football Clubs.

BLFC welcomes Wayne and his family to the football club - Bring on 2015!
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby norm11 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Browny25 wrote:Brahma Lodge Football Club is pleased to annouce the appointment of Wayne Knowles as Senior Coach for season 2015.

Wayne brings over 25 years of football experience, and most recently has been involved with Ingle Farm and Mawsons Lakes Football Clubs.

BLFC welcomes Wayne and his family to the football club - Bring on 2015!

Wrong forum.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Leroy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:48 pm

HH3 wrote:Should the 2015 threads be opened now so we don't have to talk to peasants in Div 5 anymore? ;) ;) ;) ;)

May be peasants but you North Haven blokes are trying to defend someone who dished out a king hit!
Leroy
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League