SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby zedman » Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

thanks to wosfc for 2 good games yesterday..the A grade was a very physical, hard running contest expected from close rivals with recent history..appreciated the beers after the game and we will reciprocate in 10 weeks time..

very strong win by nhfc and good to see an improved blfc..top 5 still wide open imo and we look forward to a big challenge against phfc this week..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby HH3 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Very good game by us yesterday. I had to leave early, but I imagine the song went off after the game. Thats the first time we've done what we know we can do and put a side away.

Also, good to see that Brahma had a somewhat competitive game against Trinity. Looks like Brahmas on the up
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gadj1976 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:13 pm

HH3 wrote:Very good game by us yesterday. I had to leave early, but I imagine the song went off after the game. Thats the first time we've done what we know we can do and put a side away.

Also, good to see that Brahma had a somewhat competitive game against Trinity. Looks like Brahmas on the up

Hmm, wonder why - skiving off again ;-)

Yep, good signs at NH after beating a quality side and almost playing all four quarters.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Jetters » Sun May 11, 2014 6:52 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
turk186 wrote:Good turn around from last week for the Dragons, I dont know what was said or done during the week but credit to the players and coaching staff. Playing at home helps a lot as well but our run and ball use was much better than last week.
Even our "B"s played ok which was pleasing.

I would congratulate our "B"s for getting over to the boundry line and giving the 300 gamer from EFC a round of applause even though we lost...great effort lads.........
Pity the EFC boys didn't show the same respect to our club after the "A" grade game......... not a single player, official came back into the club for a drink or a bite to eat.... grow a spine Gentlemen you lost, have a drink and a chat then move on to next week and respect any club you play not just those you beat.

I would also like to thank the B grade from Greenies in the fact they did form a line for the 300 gamer, also think this only happened as coach Andy Webber is an Elizabeth lad and played alot of footy with this particular player.
As for the A grade Greenies played well after half time and took their chances each time Elizabeth turned the ball over.
On a side note and not blaming these guys at all as yes i know without them we wouldn't have a game, the free kick count was a staggering 40-9 and when the umpires were asked if they could justify it the reply from one off them was "that's cause your Shit and they are good" wtf this guy should not be able umpire at any level an absolute disgrace to the game.

Dumb questions get dumb answers
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby WOS Dragons » Sun May 11, 2014 7:12 pm

zedman wrote:thanks to wosfc for 2 good games yesterday..the A grade was a very physical, hard running contest expected from close rivals with recent history..appreciated the beers after the game and we will reciprocate in 10 weeks time..

very strong win by nhfc and good to see an improved blfc..top 5 still wide open imo and we look forward to a big challenge against phfc this week..

Agreed zed, two very good games. Very pleased with our fight back in the ones after you got away to a big lead half way through the 2nd quarter. You looked to have quite a lot of new players from the GF team last year. I also thought your midfield looked fitter and spread better than last year.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Boosh » Sun May 11, 2014 9:03 pm

HH3 wrote:Very good game by us yesterday. I had to leave early, but I imagine the song went off after the game. Thats the first time we've done what we know we can do and put a side away.

Very happy with the effort by Havens, half our side played B Grade last year so it is pleasing to see the young lads take the step up.

Good to see you are up and about HH3, I thought something had broken as soon as it happened.

The absolute definition of bravery.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby HH3 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 am

Boosh wrote:

Very happy with the effort by Havens, half our side played B Grade last year so it is pleasing to see the young lads take the step up.

Good to see you are up and about HH3, I thought something had broken as soon as it happened.

The absolute definition of bravery.

You should see the other guy....

He's fine...
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 am

Great that Colzy played 300 games. What a champ!
We used to run the club when we were kids ;)
His ol' man Kevvy played 250 games for the EFC, while younger brother Slammer has over 150 on board.
A great example of loyalty from all three.
Thanks to Webby for giving Col a guard of honour. Much respect there.

Disappointing 'no-one went into the rooms afterwards' - doesn't matter where you are, you should do it. Someone should be in there and buy a drink, we expect it of all clubs that visit us.

And...40-9 is a ridiculous count. There is no game that can justify that sort of count.

Jetters, I don't normally blast people on this forum, but how about you piss off and go whinge somewhere else. It was a sh*t incident that happened two years ago and totally unjustifiable, but it was dealt with, the player is no longer with the EFC. Time to move on.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jetters » Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Great that Colzy played 300 games. What a champ!
We used to run the club when we were kids ;)
His ol' man Kevvy played 250 games for the EFC, while younger brother Slammer has over 150 on board.
A great example of loyalty from all three.
Thanks to Webby for giving Col a guard of honour. Much respect there.

Disappointing 'no-one went into the rooms afterwards' - doesn't matter where you are, you should do it. Someone should be in there and buy a drink, we expect it of all clubs that visit us.

And...40-9 is a ridiculous count. There is no game that can justify that sort of count.

Jetters, I don't normally blast people on this forum, but how about you piss off and go whinge somewhere else. It was a sh*t incident that happened two years ago and totally unjustifiable, but it was dealt with, the player is no longer with the EFC. Time to move on.

I don't recall bringing that up.

This was Jetters the umpire thinking it is stupid to ask the umpires to justify all the decisions they made. Fair nerve.
Taking free kick stats IMO is dumb in the first place.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon May 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Our stats man had the disparity of 11 free kicks Greenacres way, but that included 5 25mtr penalties. Agree we prob had the better run with the umps in 50/50 decisions but it's all swings and roundabouts, the week before we were definitely on the other side of the ledger! Didn't determine the result in either week. At the end if the day we have Div 5 players, coaches and umpires, all make their fair share of mistakes on each and every Saturday. It seems thought that the more you keep your mouth shut to the umpires the less they are likely to go against you in the 50/50 calls. Only human I suppose!
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Quiet day for Arren Harvey only kicking 3 goals on the weekend.. cant afford to drop off his needed 4 goal per game average if he is going to register back to back tons..

I'm on the band wagon, count down is on... 57 goals from 13 games.. COME OOOONN!!!!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Quiet day for Arren Harvey only kicking 3 goals on the weekend.. cant afford to drop off his needed 4 goal per game average if he is going to register back to back tons..

I'm on the band wagon, count down is on... 57 goals from 13 games.. COME OOOONN!!!!

He'll do it in about round 15.

CLG to go undefeated as well. There about to get stronger
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Quiet day for Arren Harvey only kicking 3 goals on the weekend.. cant afford to drop off his needed 4 goal per game average if he is going to register back to back tons..

I've been wondering and Zedman may be able to answer, is this the same Arren Harvey who plays cricket at Sheidow Park? Played a bit at Western Youth Centre CC aswell.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 8:30 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

I've been wondering and Zedman may be able to answer, is this the same Arren Harvey who plays cricket at Sheidow Park? Played a bit at Western Youth Centre CC aswell.

Yep that's him I've played Ass. Cricket against him his a fair cricketer too.
carey
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Ahk thanks Carey, I was pretty sure it was the same bloke and yes he is a fair cricketer too, handy bowler but bloody hack with the bat though! Gives the ball a fair whack.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Ahk thanks Carey, I was pretty sure it was the same bloke and yes he is a fair cricketer too, handy bowler but bloody hack with the bat though! Gives the ball a fair whack.

Has a fair slap
carey
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 am

The Dark Knight wrote:

correct TDK..
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue May 13, 2014 8:43 am

carey wrote:

we have played 5 teams who are now in the positions 10th,9th,8th,7th and 5th..there is no way we are contemplating that scenario carey!

who makes CLG stronger?
zedman
Coach

Postby Boosh » Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 pm

carey wrote:

Care to elaborate?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby carey » Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Boosh wrote:
carey wrote:

Care to elaborate?

I wont comment as yet but the great Zed knows what I'm talking about.

June 30 is a long way off!
carey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League