SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:41 pm

You seen it?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby great catch » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Yep it's official webber to head to Elizabeth big blow for us but would like to wish him all the best great pick up
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby OKC! » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:10 am

HH3 wrote:You seen it?

Na mate not at all! Which is why i wanna see it!
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:13 am

OKC "That is 100% king hit. Sometimes it can be out of character for the person to do, but in the end, has to be penalised. Mind you the tribunal system is so laughable, surprised they got this one right in relation to penalty."

The tribunal system needs to be looked at seriously. They are so inconsistant. I wouldn't say they got this one about right as they someone else 6 matches for spitting.

6 for spitting and only one more for a king kit (didn't see it - only going by what I have heard and read). Neither act has any place in any sport.

Other thing I don't understand is how some get a reduced penalty for being a good boy at the tribunal. If two people are found guilty of the same offence in similar situations they should get the same penalty. If one co-operates with the tribunal and one pays up at the tribunal the later should get an extra penalty, not reduce the first's penalty.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:15 am

OKC "That is 100% king hit. Sometimes it can be out of character for the person to do, but in the end, has to be penalised. Mind you the tribunal system is so laughable, surprised they got this one right in relation to penalty."

The tribunal system needs to be looked at seriously. They are so inconsistant. I wouldn't say they got this one about right as they someone else 6 matches for spitting.

6 for spitting and only one more for a king kit (didn't see it - only going by what I have heard and read). Neither act has any place in any sport.

Other thing I don't understand is how some get a reduced penalty for being a good boy at the tribunal. If two people are found guilty of the same offence in similar situations they should get the same penalty. If one co-operates with the tribunal and one pays up at the tribunal the later should get an extra penalty, not reduce the first's penalty.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Boosh » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:51 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:OKC "That is 100% king hit. Sometimes it can be out of character for the person to do, but in the end, has to be penalised. Mind you the tribunal system is so laughable, surprised they got this one right in relation to penalty."

Cool story bro
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Did you read what he said?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Boosh » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:41 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Did you read what he said?

I did, he hasn't seen the incident so it's a story based on nothing. Lovely story though.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 am

Read it again, then, as you clearly didn't get his point.
He wasn't buying into the did-he or didn't-he king hit his opponent argument, or the severity of the incident.
He is saying that the tribunal seems to have its penalties out of balance.
According to him, seven games for a king hit, of which the player was found guilty (with supporting video evidence), seems to be a bit light, considering someone who spat received six games, just one less.
He is saying there's a problem with the tribunal's penalty. He's not commenting on the actual incident itself.
Cool story.

Considering the response of some NH posters on here regarding the offence, are you appealing?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:29 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Read it again, then, as you clearly didn't get his point.
He wasn't buying into the did-he or didn't-he king hit his opponent argument, or the severity of the incident.
He is saying that the tribunal seems to have its penalties out of balance.
According to him, seven games for a king hit, of which the player was found guilty (with supporting video evidence), seems to be a bit light, considering someone who spat received six games, just one less.
He is saying there's a problem with the tribunal's penalty. He's not commenting on the actual incident itself.
Cool story.

Considering the response of some NH posters on here regarding the offence, are you appealing?

The highlighted part is the bit thats redundant.

How would he know the tribunal thought it was a king hit? And if they didn't give him the penalty that a king hit warranted, maybe it wasn't one. They've seen it.

The tribunal could be spot on for all he knows, because he hasn't seen it.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:42 am

Fair point.
But given the fact WOS took the whole thing to the tribunal, as the winning side, it would seem it was a malevolent act and very serious.
It's rare a grand-final winning side makes the effort to take something to a tribunal, which also suggests it was pretty serious.
Given the tribunal deemed a behind the play hit (whether provoked or unprovoked, opponent unaware or not), worth seven games, it would seem a pretty serious offence.
I'm not making a judgement on the incident, nor was Old Fella, more the response to the post by others who felt he was attacking their club/player, rather than expressing concern about the consistency of the tribunal.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:56 am

So you're saying 7 games means it was a serious offense, but 7 games is not enough for an offense that is serious?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:03 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Fair point.
But given the fact WOS took the whole thing to the tribunal, as the winning side, it would seem it was a malevolent act and very serious.
It's rare a grand-final winning side makes the effort to take something to a tribunal, which also suggests it was pretty serious.
Given the tribunal deemed a behind the play hit (whether provoked or unprovoked, opponent unaware or not), worth seven games, it would seem a pretty serious offence.
I'm not making a judgement on the incident, nor was Old Fella, more the response to the post by others who felt he was attacking their club/player, rather than expressing concern about the consistency of the tribunal.

His whole argument is based on an assumption that it was a king hit something I disagree with and at the very least is up for debate.
Therefore his argument is null and void.

No one from our club is disputing the fact it was brought to the tribunal or the severity of the punishment, so no one is getting offended by remarks about that part.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:03 am

No. I'm explaining what OF was trying to get at.
Six games for spitting, which is disgusting but not likely to injure anyone, as compared to seven games for what was regarded as a behind-the-play incident and has much potential for serious injury, seems a little off the mark to him.
He could be wrong - but naysaying his post with "cool story, bro" suggests his post was not understood by the respondent, who merely took a partisan view of what he was trying to say.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:05 am

Boosh wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Fair point.

His whole argument is based on an assumption that it was a king hit something I disagree with and at the very least is up for debate.
Therefore his argument is null and void.

No one from our club is disputing the fact it was brought to the tribunal or the severity of the punishment, so no one is getting offended by remarks about that part.

Fine, you're disputing it was a king hit. A behind the play incident is still pretty serious - and my club is no angel on that front, I am aware of that.
Anyway, I'll stop trying to clarify OF's point, as it's getting none of us anywhere.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:08 am

is a king hit when they sucker punch from behind and he doesnt see it coming

or can it also be face to face and the player knows a fist is coming his way
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Dogwatcher wrote:No. I'm explaining what OF was trying to get at.
Six games for spitting, which is disgusting but not likely to injure anyone, as compared to seven games for what was regarded as a behind-the-play incident and has much potential for serious injury, seems a little off the mark to him.
He could be wrong - but naysaying his post with "cool story, bro" suggests his post was not understood by the respondent, who merely took a partisan view of what he was trying to say.

It was acknowledging that is was a nice story, a story based on half truths and his own imagination so it couldn't be considered as legitimate post relevant to anything.

I thought is was positive feedback as I didn't want to stand in the way of any dreams he has of getting into creative writing.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League