SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

by bubba love » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:48 am

surprised the club puts up with it? yeah the north haven coach is very distressed about these comments regarding matt murnane, thorno is such a big fan of his... get a life
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

by beeched iizzz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 pm

The North Haven lot are a pretty honest bunch of lads....they call it like they see it and altough at times harsh...they're not far off the mark...Maybe some posters are a little precious. I love the way the boys at haven take someones weakness and totally barate them till they get over it and move on. Precious souls don't last long on the Peninsula!

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tell you what no wonder people tee off @ North Haven on these forums. The amount of shots @ rival clubs and individuals that come from certain people (not all) associated with Havens on these forums is a disgrace and I'm amazed the club puts up with it.
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

by The Dark Knight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 pm

bar20 wrote:Just left doing some Christmas shopping at Marion with the one who just destroyed my credit card. Run into some CLG players whom I've played against. They said they have picked up a ruckman called Murnane. Someone would know. Is that the same big bloke who at some stage played at North Haven?

Well after that little episode your sources are wrong bar20, I spoke to Murnane about where he'll play footy next season and he told me he won't be playing for CLG infact he laughed off that rumour. He's considering going back to his old club CMS Crows.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10347 times
Been liked: 1521 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by bar20 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
bar20 wrote:Just left doing some Christmas shopping at Marion with the one who just destroyed my credit card. Run into some CLG players whom I've played against. They said they have picked up a ruckman called Murnane. Someone would know. Is that the same big bloke who at some stage played at North Haven?

Well after that little episode your sources are wrong bar20, I spoke to Murnane about where he'll play footy next season and he told me he won't be playing for CLG infact he laughed off that rumour. He's considering going back to his old club CMS Crows.

Was not even a source DK. The guys from CLG said they picked up a ruckman called Murnane. I just asked if he come from North Haven as I played against a Murnane from down that way before. Might be a Murnane from somewhere else. Does not seem like much of a loss by what I am reading anyway. The CMS Crows side would be a considerably higher standard than North Haven A grade so he would be playing reserves back there if he can't make a run of the mill D5 side that rarely plays finals
bar20
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

by The Dark Knight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:39 pm

bar20 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Was not even a source DK. The guys from CLG said they picked up a ruckman called Murnane. I just asked if he come from North Haven as I played against a Murnane from down that way before. Might be a Murnane from somewhere else. Does not seem like much of a loss by what I am reading anyway. The CMS Crows side would be a considerably higher standard than North Haven A grade so he would be playing reserves back there if he can't make a run of the mill D5 side that rarely plays finals

Fair enough mate just setting the record straight on our end. He did talk to CLG so maybe the fellas you talked to got a little confused and thought they had signed him.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10347 times
Been liked: 1521 times

by bar20 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 pm

That CMS Crows side would be handy in D2. Paskerville would be mid D3. The top few sides on the Yorke Peninsula are useful but it drops away quickly to D4 D5 and D6 level after that. Murnane would be playing in the magoos for sure at the CMS Crows.f
bar20
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

by piglet1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:54 am

bar20 wrote:That CMS Crows side would be handy in D2. Paskerville would be mid D3. The top few sides on the Yorke Peninsula are useful but it drops away quickly to D4 D5 and D6 level after that. Murnane would be playing in the magoos for sure at the CMS Crows.f

Paskervilles side would beat any side in div 3 with the playing list they have. On that though I do here north haven have picked up 2 guys from paskerville. One being ex north haven player Matty eagles. The other being paskervilles leading goal kicker Cohen mattner.
piglet1
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

by zedman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:28 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
bar20 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Fair enough mate just setting the record straight on our end. He did talk to CLG so maybe the fellas you talked to got a little confused and thought they had signed him.

maybe everyone is confused.. :roll:

CLG hierachy have NEVER sat down and talked to Murnane about playing footy in 2014..he is mates with one of our A graders and was at our club on GF night which probably started the rumour..we welcome anyone who wants to come out to us but generally we find that players who live near the club are more likely to join..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

by carey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:34 am

bar20 wrote:That CMS Crows side would be handy in D2. Paskerville would be mid D3. The top few sides on the Yorke Peninsula are useful but it drops away quickly to D4 D5 and D6 level after that. Murnane would be playing in the magoos for sure at the CMS Crows.f

No way is the York peninsula comp D2 or D3 standard for that matter. Some players yes I agree could but no side on the York would even get close to playing finals in D2......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

by HH3 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:58 am

Ive heard on the grapevine from someone I would think had no reason to lie, that Murnane was actively contacting CLG coaching staff trying to get some coin that was a bit pricey. Word is he was the one chasing the club, not the other way around.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

by Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Thickens, the plot does.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by zedman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:55 pm

HH3 wrote:Ive heard on the grapevine from someone I would think had no reason to lie, that Murnane was actively contacting CLG coaching staff trying to get some coin that was a bit pricey. Word is he was the one chasing the club, not the other way around.

like i said:

"CLG hierachy have NEVER sat down and talked to Murnane about playing footy in 2014"

he may have wanted to talk but it hadn't ever gotten to that stage..like most clubs, there are many names that get mentioned in the funny season..

there is no plot DW..its actually fairly boring..lets move on! :)
zedman
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 pm

I didn't say it was a good plot. But it's definitely a plot - a story with many twists and turns.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by watchdog » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

zedman wrote:
HH3 wrote:Ive heard on the grapevine from someone I would think had no reason to lie, that Murnane was actively contacting CLG coaching staff trying to get some coin that was a bit pricey. Word is he was the one chasing the club, not the other way around.

like i said:

"CLG hierachy have NEVER sat down and talked to Murnane about playing footy in 2014"

he may have wanted to talk but it hadn't ever gotten to that stage..like most clubs, there are many names that get mentioned in the funny season..

there is no plot DW..its actually fairly boring..lets move on! :)

How about anyone from Cove football club Zed?? ;)
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

by zedman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:50 pm

dont start watchy or I will post that cute xmas elf video you made! :D
zedman
Coach

by watchdog » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:54 pm

zedman wrote:Image

Ok Ok you win! :lol:
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

by zedman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:18 pm

watchdog wrote:
zedman wrote:Image

Ok Ok you win! :lol:

I thought you would see it my way! :)
zedman
Coach

by Boosh » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 pm

My thoughts, firstly the "club" couldn't care less what people from North Haven or at least claim to be from the NH put on an internet forum.
Secondly I don't think Matt Murnane is a bad guy and if he is trying to get to CLG which sounds like him then good luck to him.
The facts about him at North Haven are undeniable, out late each Friday night pulled out of 2 games due to holidays out of the blue and faked an injury to get out of playing. Combine this to some very ordinary form and an atrocious attitude at training and you end up with a poor recruit.
Many people from Portland warned us about this but he looked great on track when he was just training with us so was worth the gamble.
Being so big I could see him being an Ok back up ruckman hence his worth to CMS.

Anyway thats all history, we have moved on and im sure he will find a new club
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

by Dols » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 am

Murnane for me as supporter= shit. Everytime I saw him play I thought he was a B grader filling in.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

by Hoodlum » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:51 am

That's an insult to our B grade Dols
Hoodlum
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times