SAAFL Division 8 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the Division 8 Grand FInal?

Blackwood
26%
Golden Grove
24%
Hope Valley
9%
North Haven
6%
Old Ignatians
No votes
Prince Alfred OC
12%
Payneham-Norwood Union
12%
Salisbury
3%
Tea Tree Gully
6%
Wingfield Royals
3%

Total votes : 34

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Postby Johno6 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:40 pm

don't worry, not happening apparently.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 pm

3/4 time score from Adelaide Airport Stadium in the D8 GF

PAOC 7.6
GG 5.6

I'd heard they were only a goal behind early in the last - so anything could've happened by now!

*edit* News just in:

Congratulations to PAOC D8 premiers

PAOC 8.7 55
GG 6.8 44
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Well done PAOC.

Smart money says that's not the last time that's said in the next 8 days
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Pig Dog » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:This has been really entertaining today but not that conducive to me getting any work done on a Monday.

The funniest part of this entire thread is when someone said that the big danger from PAC in finals is Bilyk. Surely you are not referring to "Hot Dogs" Harry Bilyk. If that's what HV need to look out for I suggest they make room in the cabinet now.

I would have thought the overall pace and run on a hopefully warm day and fast deck at a neutral venue with neutral umpires would make the contest a little closer than the forgone conclusion that I see in Div 8R. Perhaps PAC might need to qualify an enforcer like say.. "Peter Carter" to come out and play a power forward type role to free up the young quick legs of his beloved Reds. :D

estimated time of reply ; 6 minutes :)

Bump
The Pig Dog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Road to Glory » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:27 pm

The Pig Dog wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:This has been really entertaining today but not that conducive to me getting any work done on a Monday.

The funniest part of this entire thread is when someone said that the big danger from PAC in finals is Bilyk. Surely you are not referring to "Hot Dogs" Harry Bilyk. If that's what HV need to look out for I suggest they make room in the cabinet now.

I would have thought the overall pace and run on a hopefully warm day and fast deck at a neutral venue with neutral umpires would make the contest a little closer than the forgone conclusion that I see in Div 8R. Perhaps PAC might need to qualify an enforcer like say.. "Peter Carter" to come out and play a power forward type role to free up the young quick legs of his beloved Reds. :D

estimated time of reply ; 6 minutes :)

Bump

All I can say is well done to PAC and well done to bilyk, he had 4 kicks for
The day and kicked three goals in the last qtr, one from an extremely tight angle In the pocket. It's hard losing a gf but congratulations and see you guys next year it's been a good rivalry all year.
Road to Glory
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lucindale

Postby jo172 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone who had anything to do with D8R is smiling. Karma hits hard and hits late. Well done PAOC and Denty.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Road to Glory » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:38 am

jo172 wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone who had anything to do with D8R is smiling. Karma hits hard and hits late. Well done PAOC and Denty.

Karma? For what reason?
Road to Glory
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lucindale

Postby TEX07 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:45 am

Road to Glory wrote:
jo172 wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone who had anything to do with D8R is smiling. Karma hits hard and hits late. Well done PAOC and Denty.

Karma? For what reason?

Pretty much well talked about how HV D grade was a much better side than their C grade - a good number if their players could have played a lot higher but didnt.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Trader » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:04 am

TEX07 wrote:
Road to Glory wrote:

Karma? For what reason?

Pretty much well talked about how HV D grade was a much better side than their C grade - a good number if their players could have played a lot higher but didnt.

Further to Tex07's post above, let me help by reminding you of some things from the season...

jo172 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Interesting to hear the match report from the Hope Valley D grade v PNU. Now I will prefix it with I was not there but back at the club I did see with my own eyes black eyes, fat lips and a concussion and heard all about the death threats labelled by some classy individuals today.

I have a lot of respect for their club and have friends at the club and a ton of respect for the senior coach but behaviour like that is a disgrace. D grade or not its a shit reflection on a good club.

As i intimated in my post above there are some very unsavoury characters associated with that team who Hope Valley would be better to steer away from. They have a number of great blokes and champion footballers (obviously lead by big Andre) but I can think of at least 6 who did their best to harm the reputation of a proud football club.

TEX07 wrote:with your side we were never going to get anywhere near you, if some of your guys were humble about where you sit in the D grade at the minute I wouldnt care. In footy when you are getting smacked you take little things out of a game - we matched it with you in the thirda quarter of Saturdays game and walked off at 3/4 time happy with one quarter of effort against a great side - all I copped when I walked in from your team was comments about how crap we are blah blah blah. That is the sort of arrogance that makes people jump on here and give it to you for sandbagging - as we did on the field. If you just went about your business and won without the arrogance I personally wouldnt have as much of an issue for thr side you put on the park - why would I really - we are not only miles away from where you are but from the rest of the top 5 also.

Also hearing that two reports were placed AFTER the game today (both against hope valley) for abuse of umpires. Will have to wait and see if there is any truth to that but based on the above, it's a bit of a common pattern.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Latte Lad » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:20 am

Well said Trader, PAOCFC got what we deserved (in my opinion), the court of public opinion can decide if HV got what they deserved......"and justice for all" as they say.
Latte Lad
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:39 pm

All Hail "Hot Dogs" Diego Bilyk. I'm really happy for the lad and the PAOC D Grade. Congrats lads. 8)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Haynzy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Whats with all the rumours I'm hearing about 19 on the field for PAOC at the end of the game in the Div8R on Saturday???

Wasn't there, so not accusing anyone, just interested in hearing what happened...
Haynzy
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Haynzy wrote:Whats with all the rumours I'm hearing about 19 on the field for PAOC at the end of the game in the Div8R on Saturday???

Wasn't there, so not accusing anyone, just interested in hearing what happened...

Quite simply there was not. I am pretty sure that comment was withdrawn. Having watched the video it wasn't as dramatic as it initially sounded. From all reports the better team and better blokes won on the day.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Trader » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Haynzy wrote:Whats with all the rumours I'm hearing about 19 on the field for PAOC at the end of the game in the Div8R on Saturday???

Yeah, heard about this as well.
The explanation I got was one of the PAC players was injured and had taken his jumper off on the bench and iced up, so it looked like they had 6 on the bench not 7. Who knows??

As I understand it, there was about 4 minutes to go when Hope Valley complained to the PAC bench that they had 19 on the field. After a quick check PAC were happy they had it right and returned to concentrating on the game. Clearly with 4 minutes to go there was enough time for Hope Valley to call a count if they wanted to, but for whatever reason chose not to.

The theory floating was they didn't want to call a count while they were in front, perhaps that's right, but then if they were concerned about numbers, I don't know why they wouldn't have called for one after PAC kicked the last goal with 1&1/2 minutes still on the clock. The ball got back to the middle, there was a bounce, then a ball up, a clearance and the ball then went out of play before the siren went - so even after the goal there was enough time. I'd therefore assume Hope Valley realised there wasn't 19 on so didn't call a count.

There was some chatter on facebook about it and footy chick later posted an apology to PAC, further suggesting perhaps there was nothing to the story. I guess we'll never know for sure and this will become folklore like the Wayne Harmes incident in 1979!!! haha
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Trader wrote:[

The theory floating was they didn't want to call a count while they were in front, perhaps that's right, but then if they were concerned about numbers, I don't know why they wouldn't have called for one after PAC kicked the last goal with 1&1/2 minutes still on the clock. The ball got back to the middle, there was a bounce, then a ball up, a clearance and the ball then went out of play before the siren went - so even after the goal there was enough time. I'd therefore assume Hope Valley realised there wasn't 19 on so didn't call a count.

There was some chatter on facebook about it and footy chick later posted an apology to PAC, further suggesting perhaps there was nothing to the story. I guess we'll never know for sure and this will become folklore like the Wayne Harmes incident in 1979!!! haha

No theory there, Everyone was screaming for a count but the only one that can call it is the captain. Word didn't get to him in time. It was a bit of chaos really.

At the end of the day it would've only have been a 25m penalty anyway, they don't wipe scores anymore - not much you can do about it so no point in harping on about the matter. What's done is done. I posted what I did on FB as soon as the siren went so it was still very raw. Why wouldn't I apologise? - no point in carrying on about it if it was never proven.

One thing you are right about is It will just remain one of lifes little mysteries I guess.

This shit person is signing off.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Trader » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Txt'd a bloke I went through uni with who played for PAC, his response:

Nah, they were saying "Get on #19"

Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:29 pm

http://instagram.com/p/s83bxHTQ0e/

This is pretty amusing (and relatable to anyone who has ever celebrated a flag!)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby The Pig Dog » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Does anyone from Golden Grove or Hope Valley know if the Div 8 & 8R Grand Finals were filmed?
The Pig Dog
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League