Clubs in strife

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Clubs in strife

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:12 pm

easy TIGA wrote:Never spent 70 k plus a year just to clarify.

Well that's not true..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:i found it funny that Kilburn were even being considered for a curtain raiser game before the AFL......what sort of message would that send the club they get rewarded for spending 70k plus a year in player payments to buy up the ranks only to cut payments and lose there team get pumped by 50 plus goals a game and then be rewarded with exposure at a afl match

i wonder since the meeting also will we see a change in the rules/law of the saafl to give them greater power so a repeat of kilburn joke does not happen again in a higher div

Never spent 70 k plus a year just to clarify.

$71k? ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby downspine » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Kilburns football director will openly tell you was it $90k
Interesteing in todays paper was about a certain gentleman who is coming back to be Chairman and save the club
Wasnt he the same individual who was Chairman who appointed previous Coach who then went out and spent this $90k on players
downspine
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:09 pm

downspine wrote:Kilburns football director will openly tell you was it $90k
Interesteing in todays paper was about a certain gentleman who is coming back to be Chairman and save the club
Wasnt he the same individual who was Chairman who appointed previous Coach who then went out and spent this $90k on players

Please dont say it's Phil Martin? :lol:

Also it wasn't the coach who went out and spent up big, it was the footy director..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Also 70k is closer to the mark than 90k
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Also 70k is closer to the mark than 90k

Whatever $$$......too much as it turns out.........
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Cohiba wrote:

Let's get this right b4 bullshit takes over. The core group got looked after while they were. They werent chased or poached kilburn wanted to look after their own. While we did recruit a few, we still had points like the rest of them. Which we went 1 point over but thats a whole other story.these recruits were mates of mates at the club.. it was lower than 60k. Whether this was enough or not, this was affordable by the club at the time. The situation with them now has nothing to do with payments 2 o3 or 6 years ago. The are many underlying issues that have seen the a grade leave.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:29 pm

easy TIGA wrote:The situation with them now has nothing to do with payments 2 o3 or 6 years ago. There are many underlying issues that have seen the a grade leave.

Exactly, unfortunately this just doesn't seem to be sinking in to most people! :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Is that 60k plus on players or total footy budget?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:The situation with them now has nothing to do with payments 2 o3 or 6 years ago. There are many underlying issues that have seen the a grade leave.

Exactly, unfortunately this just doesn't seem to be sinking in to most people! :roll:

With all due respect it's hardly surprising that vague "underlying issues" are not sinking in when no one will particularise what they are.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:47 pm

jo172 wrote:With all due respect it's hardly surprising that vague "underlying issues" are not sinking in when no one will particularise what they are.

I'm sick of trying to explain to people what they are, too many people with nothing to do with the club ALL KNOW BETTER :roll: So i've given up
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Phil Martin knows best :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
jo172 wrote:With all due respect it's hardly surprising that vague "underlying issues" are not sinking in when no one will particularise what they are.

I'm sick of trying to explain to people what they are, too many people with nothing to do with the club ALL KNOW BETTER :roll: So i've given up

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:06 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Let's get this right b4 bullshit takes over. The core group got looked after while they were. They werent chased or poached kilburn wanted to look after their own. While we did recruit a few, we still had points like the rest of them. Which we went 1 point over but thats a whole other story.these recruits were mates of mates at the club.. it was lower than 60k. Whether this was enough or not, this was affordable by the club at the time. The situation with them now has nothing to do with payments 2 o3 or 6 years ago. The are many underlying issues that have seen the a grade leave.

With respect Tiga....my response to PG's post was in context and made in reference to a quote in Monday's Advertiser regarding Kilburn's plight and "unsustainable" payments. I didn't quote any figures........ unlike some others....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Cohiba » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

First post ..."let the mass debate commence".... u set the beast in motion......... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

downspine wrote:Kilburns football director will openly tell you was it $90k

I think Kilburn's plight was summed up in that article. They said "footballers cost more money these days" or something similar. No they don't, if you don't pay them.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby stan » Sun May 11, 2014 8:35 am

jo172 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

With all due respect it's hardly surprising that vague "underlying issues" are not sinking in when no one will particularise what they are.

Playets probably didnt like the coach. If they came th for money then a disliked coach is a disaster in the making.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sun May 11, 2014 8:39 am

Brama Lodge are the same. Lots of players left that were recruited and some for some good coin.

To say footballers cost more and thats the issue shows how bad the problem is. There is at least 50+ clus at the moment that arent on there knees in regards to the increased cost in footballers.

I mean come on you dont need to splash out huge $$$ to field a side. It comes down to having that core playing group that is topped up with recruits that compliment them, not provide the backbone of the side.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby marbles » Sun May 11, 2014 11:17 am

would it benefit all if...

kilburn
brahma lodge
angle vale
mitchell park
angle vale
flinders uni
wingfield

just all bailed and made their own little division for rest of the season and just played each other instead :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:24 am

marbles wrote:would it benefit all if...

kilburn
brahma lodge
angle vale
mitchell park
angle vale
flinders uni
wingfield

just all bailed and made their own little division for rest of the season and just played each other instead :D

Why would we bail? You right some dumb shit sometimes mate.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League