SAAFL Tribunal 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

SAAFL Tribunal 2014

Postby lutz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Tribunal is cracking down big time this year - they're even giving people weeks for slamming doors!

Ned Heath from Henley got red carded for an incident in round 1 v Salisbury North; an incident that even all Salisbury North people that I have heard from said was not deserving of a red card.
So he went to the tribunal last night and as he gave an (early) guilty plea and had a good record, he was given 3 weeks down from 6. He and those he was with were surprised at the penalty to say the least. (Keep in mind that Grocke just this week got 7 weeks for his hit on Symes in the SANFL).

On his way out of the room, the Tribunal were of the opinion that Heath shut the door a bit too hard, and gave him an extra week, taking his penalty to 4!

Now tell me if I'm wrong if I think that this is a bit over the top. Turn it up Tribunal.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: SAAFL Tribunal 2014

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 pm

lutz wrote:Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Tribunal is cracking down big time this year - they're even giving people weeks for slamming doors!

Ned Heath from Henley got red carded for an incident in round 1 v Salisbury North; an incident that even all Salisbury North people that I have heard from said was not deserving of a red card.
So he went to the tribunal last night and as he gave an (early) guilty plea and had a good record, he was given 3 weeks down from 6. He and those he was with were surprised at the penalty to say the least. (Keep in mind that Grocke just this week got 7 weeks for his hit on Symes in the SANFL).

On his way out of the room, the Tribunal were of the opinion that Heath shut the door a bit too hard, and gave him an extra week, taking his penalty to 4!

Now tell me if I'm wrong if I think that this is a bit over the top. Turn it up Tribunal.

How stupid can you be? Spitting the dummy and slamming the door on the way out he gets everything he deserves.

Sounds a class act
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dols » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:59 pm

That's so ordinary that it's funny
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:40 am

I understand the SAAFL cracking down on acts of stupidity, however this isn't the AFL. Let the game be played the way it should be. Tough, fair contested footy. We don't want to see a player get handed 3 weeks for something that isn't deserving of it. I don't want to watch soft footy because players fear the possibile sanctions.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:43 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
lutz wrote:Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Tribunal is cracking down big time this year - they're even giving people weeks for slamming doors!

How stupid can you be? Spitting the dummy and slamming the door on the way out he gets everything he deserves.

Sounds a class act

This is ridiculous. What is the SAAFL coming to. An extra week for that, you have to be joking me. The people handing down these penalties are blatantly abusing there power and ruining our great sport.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Johno6 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 am

should've got life for that disgusting act.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Sounds a class act

Agreed, I've dealt with the Tribunal and they're not nearly as petty as OP suggests. There's clearly far more too it than a slammed door.

Sounds to me like the equivalent of the bloke who gives away consecutive 25 m penalties for mouthing off at the ump. Needs to grow a brain quickly.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:31 am

a guy pleads guilty for late contact on the bloke in front of him who marks the ball

the ump ridiculously immediately pulls a red card, everyone in the ground including the opposition figure wtf a bit soft ump

but considering last years events its understandable anything rough will not be tolerated

fine.

but to go to tribunal for this in the first place is a joke

the tribunal looking for a big bang to start the season? bit bored are ya's? hate for you's to have an empty week with no action hey

its terrific a standard will be set and look out if your gonna get rough out there

but due to the events of last year our gun recruit has been made a guinea pig to make a statement to all players in the league, and now we're without an important player for next 4 weeks cos he made a late bump

if goodwood's tuck and the league new marque player did the same action, "late contact" would this same penalty have occured?? 6 weeks wtf
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:41 am

lutz wrote:Ned Heath from Henley got red carded for an incident in round 1 v Salisbury North; an incident that even all Salisbury North people that I have heard from said was not deserving of a red card.
So he went to the tribunal last night and as he gave an (early) guilty plea and had a good record, he was given 3 weeks down from 6.

6 weeks?!? Obviously was deserving of a red card if that was the initial punishment!

Shouldn't have slammed the door, although it is a little precious, he just got off with 3 games less than he could've got, should've shown some decorum FFS
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby piccachu » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 am

This all seems very out of character for Ned, knowing him i couldnt see him deliberatly trying to hurt someone, without seeing the incident i would think it may have been a bit clumsy but i just cant see him trying to polax someone late. i know he is going over seas during the season not sure when but this could be season over for him.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League