VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2015 - Divisions for all

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:10 pm

FWIW, I agree with X Runna - clearly you have too much time on your hands.

Despite this, his post was deleted but you're just about asking for it.

This thread will be merged with your other thread.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Re: 2015 - Divisions for all

Postby X Runna » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 pm

marbles wrote:Ladies & Gentleman announcing a solution for you all...

This solution is based on 1 club - Kilburn

In observing they are now forfeiting every game, the prospect of them having 2 sides come March 2015 may be very slim. The league wont allow them to stay in Div 4. Theyll have to be removed.

This benefits everyone, 3 sides will have to come up from every division below, and as a result Div 7 will actually list all the clubs who have hit hard times in 2014.

This along with the creation of the C-Grade Super League, every club in the league excluding Kilburn is to benefit from an up-shuffle.

The only dilemma now is that the new Div 7 boys will have to play each other 3 times, and its still not known whether any of them can field 2 teams. Maybe it will have to become a 1 team per club division???....

2015z.jpg

Now how do you's all feel about this one???

Finally - he has proved he has absolutely no credibility. The word is YOU , not you's, use, youse, you'se or whatever other connotation idiots like you might like to come up with, it is YOU. So stick that and your super c grade competition up youse piehole.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:13 am

Now meanwhile in regards to the saviour of Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Kilburn, Angle Vale & Wingfield i believe is the best solution yet

these boys could spend a season with 1 team each and by the following season be demand to have 2 sides each or all be unfortunately moved on

Also for all the clubs with 4 sides c grade super league IMO is whats best for our soldiers

despite the abusive im receiving im strong enough to ignore the haters, these critics are not from our community so they dont know whats best for our men

come preseason i encourage you to nominate for cgrade super league, just take a look.... what a fantastic environment for our cgrade & dgrade men. all of our clubs will grow together, and our agraders will be stronger for it having reserves of reserves of reserves playing each other only & not being demoralized by the other specimens of men

A v A
B v B
C v C
D v D

2015z.jpg
2015z.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 am

finn wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Are you saying that if Henley are put in Div 7 next year they will pull their C and D Grades?

No mate. Henley C & D are next in line to the div 7 virus. if we are there next year we'll be forfeiting too just like the clubs the virus has already eaten into

Im saying if all C grades went to a super c-grade league, excluding Adelaide Uni, div 7 could possibly look like this...

Mitchell Park (1 team)
Angle Vale
North Pines
Flinders Uni (1 team)
Wingfield (1 team)
Adelaide Uni Cs to stay?

i kind of doubt that Adelaide Uni will want to stay here amongst these minions. wouldnt you agree??

Maybe it is time for Uni to split up into two A-grade clubs?
I know it has been considered in the past - they have done it with Monash in VIC

Nope - Monash has two sides as one came from an another institution's team that became part of Monash Uni (in similar manner to Magill CAE becoming part of UniSA) as well as one from Monash itself. These clubs are also based at different campuses.
Uni won't be splitting into two clubs - and it certainly hasn't been considered in the last 15-20 years. Without pre-empting anything i'd say that Uni would be much more likely to try to stick its c grade in a competition that's more consistent than the potential one above though.

What about (Melbourne) Uni Blacks and Uni Blues, their the same uni split into 2 clubs? There was also Uni Reds which became Fitzroy Reds.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 am

marbles, with your latest attempt, why not have a bye in D6, leave North Pines and Adelaide Uni in D7, promote the grand finalists from D8 into D7. Get the next best two from C2 into D8, next best two from C3 into C2, next best two from C4 into C3, fill up C4 with the rest...

...and you have a workable solution with everyone happy! Henley play in their C Comp. Only 3 C Grade sides in D7 - Adelaide Uni included. No undeserving promotion or relegation. No left over clubs with nowhere to play. Minimal byes (one in D6 and D7).
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:53 am

Mr Beefy wrote:What about (Melbourne) Uni Blacks and Uni Blues, their the same uni split into 2 clubs? There was also Uni Reds which became Fitzroy Reds.

Until University in their current form dominate Div 1 like Goodwood did for 5 or so years, the C grade work their way into Div 3 and add another couple of grades to the how ever many they have now there is no reason why they should go down the path of Melbourne University separating into different clubs as a legal entity.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:47 pm

morell wrote:marbles, with your latest attempt, why not have a bye in D6, leave North Pines and Adelaide Uni in D7, promote the grand finalists from D8 into D7. Get the next best two from C2 into D8, next best two from C3 into C2, next best two from C4 into C3, fill up C4 with the rest...

...and you have a workable solution with everyone happy! Henley play in their C Comp. Only 3 C Grade sides in D7 - Adelaide Uni included. No undeserving promotion or relegation. No left over clubs with nowhere to play. Minimal byes (one in D6 and D7).

your right, a bit tough on north pines to go up

but i have no confidence in believing MP, AV, Flinders Uni, Wingfield, or Kilburn will have 2 sides & then North Pines will be stuck in the div 7 ravel having 2 sides. ricky o'loughlin is doing wonders for their development & i think it will further grow into next year

the sides in div 6 wont agree to the bye - there must be 10 sides to keep them all happy

remember also every cgrade club will nominate for div 8 - i could be wrong but i truly believe it will happen (excluding uni), therell be a massive battle getting a cgrader to fill div 7
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 pm

heater31 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:What about (Melbourne) Uni Blacks and Uni Blues, their the same uni split into 2 clubs? There was also Uni Reds which became Fitzroy Reds.

Until University in their current form dominate Div 1 like Goodwood did for 5 or so years, the C grade work their way into Div 3 and add another couple of grades to the how ever many they have now there is no reason why they should go down the path of Melbourne University separating into different clubs as a legal entity.

Under marbles plan, everything revolves around University being the only C-Grade team to play against A-grade teams, is there current size one of the problems he is trying to address.

From my understanding they tend to operate as separate clubs anyway
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 pm

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:remember also every cgrade club will nominate for div 8 - i could be wrong but i truly believe it will happen (excluding uni), therell be a massive battle getting a cgrader to fill div 7

Just because you nominate in Div 8 doesn't mean you'll be put there.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:13 pm

marbles wrote:remember also every cgrade club will nominate for div 8 - i could be wrong but i truly believe it will happen (excluding uni), therell be a massive battle getting a cgrader to fill div 7

Surely any C-Grader worth their salt would be working for a B-Grade and ultimately A-Grade spot and therefore would play wherever they needed to.

If you are wanting to change to cater for people who cannot be bothered training and want to choose where they play then you are better off without them.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 pm

marbles wrote:your right, a bit tough on north pines to go up

but i have no confidence in believing MP, AV, Flinders Uni, Wingfield, or Kilburn will have 2 sides
So you're saying this is all navel gazing at the moment and a bit of a waste of time?

I agree.

marbles wrote:& then North Pines will be stuck in the div 7 ravel having 2 sides.
haha, I have to ask, the what? WTF is a ravel?

marbles wrote:the sides in div 6 wont agree to the bye - there must be 10 sides to keep them all happy
We had a bye in D6 last year. It was fine. Many people (myself included) enjoy a bye.

marbles wrote:remember also every cgrade club will nominate for div 8 - i could be wrong but i truly believe it will happen (excluding uni), therell be a massive battle getting a cgrader to fill div 7
I will let jo172 answer this one:

jo172 wrote:Just because you nominate in Div 8 doesn't mean you'll be put there.

This is the thing marbles, you can elect or nominate where you want to play, ultimately, it is up to the SAAFL. We wuold have liked to have been ni D7 this year for example, but we had to suck it up. Just like a couple of C grade sides will likely have to suck it up next year if they didnt want to play D7.

Keep the promotion/relegation system and even integrate it further down into the C comps and we will get what we all want - a more even competition overall.

Simple, end thread, mods please close.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 pm

morell wrote:Simple, end thread, mods please close.

:D trippa just because your opinion differs to that of the argument - do u yell out "i dont agree! everyone stop talking!!"

do u do this every where u go? :D

-- oh shit morells coming, everyone stop talking.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:35 pm

No, I just do that when I think I have convincingly won the argument.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:38 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:your right, a bit tough on north pines to go up

but i have no confidence in believing MP, AV, Flinders Uni, Wingfield, or Kilburn will have 2 sides
So you're saying this is all navel gazing at the moment and a bit of a waste of time?

I agree.

marbles wrote:& then North Pines will be stuck in the div 7 ravel having 2 sides.
haha, I have to ask, the what? WTF is a ravel?

yes the word is rabble blah blah the spelling police are sure on the ball lately, guess i'll have to hand back my year 12 certificate now.

seems like people only post on here if they disagree. finding time pay compliments or to support an argument is pointless?

im supporting the cgrade comp, no ones going to come on here to support it publicly because people only post to be critical, could a poll could be established on this forum, so readers can vote and not have to advertise what club theyre from? would that cause any harm? could that be possible?

can one of those polls be established?? something like this....

Are you FOR or AGAINST a pure A-Grade & pure C-Grade comp respectively ?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:44 pm

marbles wrote:yes the word is rabble blah blah the spelling police are sure on the ball lately, guess i'll have to hand back my year 12 certificate now.
haha, I read it as ray-vel, rhyming with navel.

marbles wrote:seems like people only post on here if they disagree. finding time pay compliments or to support an argument is pointless?
Or, could it be, that just maybe, just mayyybe...

... the vast majority of people actually disagree with you.

#justsayin

marbles wrote:im supporting the cgrade comp, no ones going to come on here to support it publicly because people only post to be critical, could a poll could be established on this forum, so readers can vote and not have to advertise what club theyre from? would that cause any harm? could that be possible?

can one of those polls be established?? something like this....

Are you FOR or AGAINST a pure A-Grade & pure C-Grade comp respectively ?
Well I would vote "yes" but you can't just skip over the nuances marbles, you can't completely restructure the league, disadvantage a swathe of clubs and put others at peril for the betterment of 3 C Grade sides. If you used the setup I suggested, you will have a grand total of 3 C Grade sides playing A Grade sides. Not the end of the world and in 2016 review it again and see if there is another A Grade you can bring in to reduce it further.

People aren't against the principle of A vs A, B vs B or C vs C.

They're against your specific ideas to implement it.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:53 pm

morell wrote:
People aren't against the principle of A vs A, B vs B or C vs C.

They're against your specific ideas to implement it.

well ive changed that set up, no more byes no more relegations, in fact 3 sides go up

18 clubs with their 4 sides get an equal playing field, the league gets a new surpreme department, enhancing the quality of its top tier clubs, and raking in exponentional revenue

and the 5 clubs on their last legs get a season of survival with the likeliness of only having 1 side. thats far better than closing its doors and becoming a club of the past.

Everybody wins!

2015z.jpg
2015z.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:17 pm

If that D7 went ahead all 5 clubs would fold.

Leave North Pines there. And Adelaide Uni. Have a bye in D6 and force (or promote two willing) the best two sides from D8/C1.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 pm

morell wrote:If that D7 went ahead all 5 clubs would fold.

Why?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Would you want to play in a 5 team comp with no reserves?

We would have 12 of our best players walk out the door the next day. Plus another 5 of our fringe players knowing they wouldn't get a game most weeks in the B's. Angle Vale would be the same. So would the others.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:19 pm

So instead we spread these 1 team clubs over a few divisions and make other sides share the burden of no B's?
Lump all the dying clubs together I say.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League