VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Marbles

Marbles , clearly you feel very strongly about this and believe you have a good outline of how which path the league should go down next year and beyone.

Perhaps give John Kernahan a ring at HQ and put forward your proposal, as he is always looking for feedback at ways of improving the League. He will take your ideas and present them to the Football Operations Committee who will then forward a recommendation to the Board for approval.

Seriously, he'll be happy to hear your thoughts.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Trader wrote:So instead we spread these 1 team clubs over a few divisions and make other sides share the burden of no B's?
Ay? Where on earth did you get that idea from? You've been arguing with Fletty for too long old mate.

Angle Vale, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Kilburn and Wingfield would all still be in the same division under my model. Its just that they'll be joined by North Pines, Adelaide Uni C's and two more C Grade teams.

This is my D7 for 2015:

Angle Vale
Mitchell Park
Flinders Uni
Kilburn*
Wingfield
North Pines
Adelaide Uni C's
Modbury C's
SMOSH C's
Bye

*maybe, if not replace with another C Grade club - Henley would be good. :D Or PHOS! Then I can get Fletty taken out, that'd be so awesome.
Last edited by morell on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Marbles

Marbles , clearly you feel very strongly about this and believe you have a good outline of how which path the league should go down next year and beyone.

Perhaps give John Kernahan a ring at HQ and put forward your proposal, as he is always looking for feedback at ways of improving the League. He will take your ideas and present them to the Football Operations Committee who will then forward a recommendation to the Board for approval.

Seriously, he'll be happy to hear your thoughts.

That's mean.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 pm

morell wrote:
Trader wrote:So instead we spread these 1 team clubs over a few divisions and make other sides share the burden of no B's?
Ay? Where on earth did you get that idea from? You've been arguing with Fletty for too long old mate.

Angle Vale, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Kilburn and Wingfield would all still be in the same division under my model. Its just that they'll be joined by North Pines, Adelaide Uni C's and two more C Grade teams.

This is my D7 for 2015:

Angle Vale
Mitchell Park
Flinders Uni
Kilburn*
Wingfield
North Pines
Adelaide Uni C's
Modbury C's
SMOSH C's
Bye

*maybe, if not replace with another C Grade club - Henley would be good. :D Or PHOS! Then I can get Fletty taken out, that'd be so awesome.

How do suppose Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Wingfield and possibly Angle Vale manage when each of them only have 1 team??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:38 pm

marbles wrote:How do suppose Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Wingfield and possibly Angle Vale manage when each of them only have 1 team??
We've had more than one team for 45 out of 46 years. We would be moderately confident of getting two sides up next year. Angle Vale have had two sides for most of the year. Flinders Uni, this is the first year they've only had one side I believe and they actually have OK-ish numbers and need a rotation policy. Kilburn and Wingfield might struggle...

I tell you what though, the best thing to help these sides get two teams up is to provide them with clarity and a solid division they know they can be competitive in. Do you think these clubs will be more or less likely to field two teams if they're stuck in a 5 team play each other 3 times with a bye comp?

And funnily enough I reckon a C Grade side would be $1.10 to win that comp as well - Adelaide Uni.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Kilburn & Wingfield to merge (meaning div 7 & div 7R)

Adelaide uni would romp the comp! - and likely would beg to take the div 6 bye and be the 10th team in div 6

Smosh arent staying, theyll be forced to be in stay div 7

and wheres the league gonna put edwardstown :8
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm

marbles wrote:Adelaide uni would romp the comp!
Indeed.

Do you know of any other super clubs that have C's about this standard that could fill the void?? Preferably ones located near the beach cos I like ice cream.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:51 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:Adelaide uni would romp the comp!
Indeed.

Do you know of any other super clubs that have C's about this standard that could fill the void?? Preferably ones located near the beach cos I like ice cream.

none that are super no. only one i know may only have 3 sides next year
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Cohiba » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 pm

marbles wrote:Kilburn & Wingfield to merge (meaning div 7 & div 7R)

Adelaide uni would romp the comp! - and likely would beg to take the div 6 bye and be the 10th team in div 6

Smosh arent staying, theyll be forced to be in stay div 7

and wheres the league gonna put edwardstown :8

Marbles I'll give you credit...your a trier....... but this mate.....you crack me up laddie..... =))
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:00 am

marbles wrote:the league is in crisis, its eroding have u noticed

i think as long as your club is going along nicely who gives a toss what is happening elsewhere, your certainly making that obvious. just a hostile little simpleton crying in his own backyard and u obviously dont give a damn if next door is burning down. your theory is probably - burn them all, long live the farmers, am i right??

u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go. for your backyard is 1/60th factor of their considerations.

morell wrote:And why do you continue to ignore Adelaide Uni for your C grade comp. It makes a mockery of everything you're trying to say.

Is it because you know they have Henleys measure and therefore it doesn't fit your true agenda - a comp the sandbags can dominate...

im quite happy for uni to be in. its them who publicly refuse to break ties and having 7 teams they are little bit welcome or qualified to be given that ticket dont you think.

morell wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:Why are C/D grade participation rates low if they keep winning D7 flags?

I like how marbles can tell us with a straight face that C/D grades are getting pumped by supreme athletes and in the same breath say that C/D grades are "stealing" d7 flags.
it's a rare talent to be able argue two completely contradictory points, seamlessly, and not blink an eye.

It's almost as if he has some sort of split personality.

Do you flip a coin to decide which like of argument you're going to use each time you post marby?

maybe, somedays i represent my own interests some days i represent yours.

ALSO NOTE: For every 50 readers on here, there may be 1 or 2 of those who may comment.

C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate

Maybe the participation rate has dropped off at your club cos they're sick of listening to the crap that comes out of your trap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 am

Alan wrote:Maybe the participation rate has dropped off at your club cos they're sick of listening to the crap that comes out of your trap!

Maybe the C graders are sick of watching the D grade win easy flags, and the D graders are bored by not having a challenge :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:56 am

Alan wrote:Maybe the participation rate has dropped off at your club cos they're sick of listening to the crap that comes out of your trap!

Maybe. maybe your big mouth with ya quick to be cynical and shit all over everyone is losing followers too? maybe but i doubt it because we didnt create the following environments for our team mates

Henley...
At the start of the season, in ya big marketing campaign to attract players you say....

"Ok boys this year we'll be heading out to Smithfield, Central United, Wingfield, making a trip to Houghton, even another trip to Modbury, taking it up with North Pines

What an awesome marketing campaign! What a highly appealing environment for our thirds, our dgraders, our new under 18s, and the BGraders who have to come down once in a while

I bet right then an there in the very first sentence of the season, these boys half decided in there heads, "yeah kinda cant be ****** this year"

(Same theory for the SHOC boys) they only now have 1 side

And lets at look at TTG -
Meanwhile at our identical twin club TTG, their first sentence of the year was "boys its div 8 for us this year! no more agraders, just Cs vs Cs, reserves vs
reserves, and we get to have 25 men per side, so everyone can join in!

I bet right then an there in their very first sentence of the season, TTG boys decided in there heads, "aww sick this seasons gonna be awesome, ******* sign me up!"

And lets at look at Flinders Parks -
"Err sorry boys we're staying in div 7 we have to face smithfield and the rest of them once again, please try to put the shit from last year behind you"
player reaction: "yeah nah catch ya later, kinda cant be f##ked" -- as a result FP now only have one side

so which club listed above has the best marketing campaign to increase its participation rate??? which club is currently flourishing now? and which clubs are decreasing participation rates?

Broadview
their boys ran away a long time ago after experiencing div 8 and then going to div 7 - look at them now

participation rate - why is it falling? geeze i dunno #-o
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:59 am

Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Angle Vale, Flinders University, Henley, SHOC, Flinders Park........participation rate falling........but you seem to be blaming it on D7.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Q. wrote:Kilburn (D3), Mitchell Park (D6), Angle Vale (D6), Flinders University (D6R), Henley (D7), SHOC (D7), Flinders Park (D7R)........participation rate falling........but you seem to be blaming it on D7.

Yes, clearly playing in Division 7 is the cause here. :?

And FFS marbles, TTG in D7 thrived! They won a D7R flag and made the D7 GF!

It was going to D6 and that spurned all their players away. Plus it was seen that 2002 against us was a lot of their players last hurrah.

SHOC have thrived, Henley have thrived, Adelaide Uni have thrived.

It's got nothing to do with the division or playing against struggling A Grade sides and everything to do with a whole bunch of other things.
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 pm

I wouldn't discount Kilburn on managing to get two sides back up again next season. Proud club with plenty of history, I know the current board is working very hard on next season already.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:32 pm

I wouldn't discount Kilburn being way, way too good for D7 next season.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:43 pm

C-Graders! Come play divvy 7 footy!!!
heres your chance to play against agrade footballers from the likes of smithfield, central united, north pines, ingle farm, angle vale, wingfield, houghton

tickets selling fast - phht pigs arse
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Are you the last guy who speaks in this video marbles???

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

marbles wrote:C-Graders! Come play divvy 7 footy!!!
heres your chance to play against agrade footballers from the likes of smithfield, central united, north pines, ingle farm, angle vale, wingfield, houghton

tickets selling fast - phht pigs arse

Naw, you love Mitchell Park! :heart: :heart: :X :X :butthead:
morell
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:15 pm

I agree that C v C grade competitions have some merit, however compromising the whole system to suit a minority, especially when other C grades have shown their willingness to compete in the current div 7 is just plain silly. No matter how blue chip you may consider your club to be.

I would realistically like to see the number of players who have left the C grade due to playing in Division 7 against A graders.
Versus
The amount of players from Henley who left that are
- A graders that have been lured elsewhere due to monetary purposes.
- Fringe A graders & B graders (from a previously strong B grade) whom have left the club for greater A grade opportunities elsewhere (partly due to the points system)
- C graders left whom as a result of the loss of strength from above, now aren't winning as much as they used to and have spat the chewy?

Sacred Heart may have experienced similar resulting in the fall off in numbers at C & D (not adding SHOC's name to Marbles completely obscene arguments, just comparing them as a C & D grade whose numbers have fallen off)
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League