PHOS v Camden v PHOS Camden

Adelaide Footy League Talk

PHOS v Camden v PHOS Camden

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 am

I noticed something very interesting in the Club History section on the website of the PHOS Camden FC:

"PHOS (Plympton High Old Scholars) was originally based at NS Bull Memorial Oval at the back of the now defunct Plympton HS from 1968 until 1994. At this time they were given an opportunity to relocate to Camden Oval where the changed their name to PHOS Camden."

Have PHOS now written the Camden Football Club out of their club's history and why?
For a long time their website focused more on the Old Scholars club with a "coming soon" about Camden, but with the recent revamp the approach has changed altogether.

I would have thought with the demise of Plympton High, the district club component would have more relevance and if anything they would be emphasising the Camden component more than the PHOS component of the club.
6 A-Grade Premierships in the old Glenelg-South League are nothing to be sneezed at and certainly not discarded.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: PHOS v Camden v PHOS Camden

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 pm

I reckon we only have one PHOS poster here and he only pops in from time to time.

@Bandar
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:02 pm

They also used to be called Greek Camden...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Did Dragan Tankosic play for them back in the 80s/90s?
I always remember his name from the Footy Times.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:50 pm

camden split from greek when greek married henley

camden wasnt keen on threesomes but henley liked it greek style

camden instead hooked up with some high school boys at plympton

the high school boys are now finding camden too old? and are looking for something younger?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:28 pm

marbles wrote:camden split from greek when greek married henley

camden wasnt keen on threesomes but henley liked it greek style

camden instead hooked up with some high school boys at plympton

the high school boys are now finding camden too old? and are looking for something younger?

:YMAPPLAUSE:
Great summary
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Henley have been a bit promiscuous over the years
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:I noticed something very interesting in the Club History section on the website of the PHOS Camden FC:

"PHOS (Plympton High Old Scholars) was originally based at NS Bull Memorial Oval at the back of the now defunct Plympton HS from 1968 until 1994. At this time they were given an opportunity to relocate to Camden Oval where the changed their name to PHOS Camden."

Have PHOS now written the Camden Football Club out of their club's history and why?
For a long time their website focused more on the Old Scholars club with a "coming soon" about Camden, but with the recent revamp the approach has changed altogether.

I would have thought with the demise of Plympton High, the district club component would have more relevance and if anything they would be emphasising the Camden component more than the PHOS component of the club.
6 A-Grade Premierships in the old Glenelg-South League are nothing to be sneezed at and certainly not discarded.

id say the Camden element has dropped of because PHOS is simply easier to say, rolls off the tongue, many wouldnt know what it means but who cares we're playing "PHOS" this week

people just used to to saying phos these days, and saying phos camden takes too long
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Jabber » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:08 pm

I remember when I was a bit younger an old duck at the footy said to me 'gee that Phos must have been a good player to have a footy club named after him...'
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby jo172 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:19 pm

marbles wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:I noticed something very interesting in the Club History section on the website of the PHOS Camden FC:

id say the Camden element has dropped of because PHOS is simply easier to say, rolls off the tongue, many wouldnt know what it means but who cares we're playing "PHOS" this week

people just used to to saying phos these days, and saying phos camden takes too long

Agree, same story for the West Lakes and Norwood Union Footy Clubs. Inevitable consequence of naming a Merged Club that way
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 pm

something to consider for any future clubs merging. instead of giving one club name precedence maybe drop both names to become one identity super club

ie: Tonsley Crabby Lions
marbles
Assistant Coach

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League