Finals Games

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Finals Games

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:32 pm

i ran water for you to half time in that one game then it started to rain and i bolted :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Cohiba wrote:7. PHOS Camden 6 -11 47.72%
8. Flinders Park 6-11 45.47%
9. SMOSH W Lakes 6-11 41.59%
10. Gepps Cross 5-12 48.52%

A lot at stake at the bottom end of the ladder in Divvy 2 in the final round. Big turnout expected at the 'Den' this week as SMOSH WL and Flinders Park play their Grand Final this week. Whomever loses, will get relegated along with either PHOS or Gepps X both of whom are playing at home to PNU (1st) and PAOC (3rd) respectively.....

The other crucial match is Walkerville (6) must defeat SHOC's by a 12+ goals margin to tip Sacred Heart (4) out of the five, and for Broadview (5) to lose to Scotch OC (2) if it is to contest the finals. Some good football all round to close out the home and away rounds of season 2014.

Pfft, PHOS aint worried about relegation, PHOS are going to play finals.
Broadview will get pumped by Scotch, 10 goals +.
PHOS will knock off PNU by 8 goals, given PNU have nothing to play for.
4th placed SHOC will defeat 6th placed Walkerville, putting PHOS into 5th.

You know it makes sense!

PS: If Walkerville beat SHOC by 12 goals plus, the broadies result doesn't matter, they only need one or the other to make the 5.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 pm

BZB27 wrote:
Pag wrote:
Pag wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:i think the brother in law wants you to run water :)

I think I may be indulging in a different liquid. Water is not on my weekend agenda.

I am aware, but I have a choice between water for others or beer for me.

Not a hard decision. :lol:

You can run me some water we havnt had a water boy all year :lol:

You'd have to cover some ground to need some water.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:25 pm

perfect, not much ground to cover at the Valley ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Trader wrote:

A lot at stake at the bottom end of the ladder in Divvy 2 in the final round. Big turnout expected at the 'Den' this week as SMOSH WL and Flinders Park play their Grand Final this week. Whomever loses, will get relegated along with either PHOS or Gepps X both of whom are playing at home to PNU (1st) and PAOC (3rd) respectively.....

The other crucial match is Walkerville (6) must defeat SHOC's by a 12+ goals margin to tip Sacred Heart (4) out of the five, and for Broadview (5) to lose to Scotch OC (2) if it is to contest the finals. Some good football all round to close out the home and away rounds of season 2014.

You know it makes sense!

PS: If Walkerville beat SHOC by 12 goals plus, the broadies result doesn't matter, they only need one or the other to make the 5.

Of course it makes sense Trader...... ;) although the math says it is possible......

Firstly, based on your PHOS scenario.... Broadview should triumph over Scotch,.... because win or lose Scotch have nothing to gain or lose either the same as PNU. Anything PHOS did would be academic after that. Besides PHOS would have to be a 15 goal better side than PNU and Broadview lose by about the same to overcome the % difference. Even on a bad day I doubt if Macca's boys would allow that going into a finals series.

A win for either Flinders, SMOSH WL or PHOS will save them from relegation and for Gepps ...they not only have to win,..... but then rely on the others to save their arse. The slim glimmer of hope and saving grace for the Rams is their healthy % and home ground advantage.

Probably in the wrong thread for this but it will seem like finals for some these side for different reasons...
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Trader wrote:

You know it makes sense!

Of course it makes sense Trader...... ;) although the math says it is possible......

Firstly, based on your PHOS scenario.... Broadview should triumph over Scotch,.... because win or lose Scotch have nothing to gain or lose either the same as PNU. Anything PHOS did would be academic after that. Besides PHOS would have to be a 15 goal better side than PNU and Broadview lose by about the same to overcome the % difference. Even on a bad day I doubt if Macca's boys would allow that going into a finals series.

A win for either Flinders, SMOSH WL or PHOS will save them from relegation and for Gepps ...they not only have to win,..... but then rely on the others to save their arse. The slim glimmer of hope and saving grace for the Rams is their healthy % and home ground advantage.

Probably in the wrong thread for this but it will seem like finals for some these side for different reasons...

Nope, 18 goals combined is all that's needed, not 30.

PHOS to make the 5!!!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:00 pm

I like your optimism .....the best of luck.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 am

Pag wrote:
BZB27 wrote:
Pag wrote:

You can run me some water we havnt had a water boy all year :lol:

You'd have to cover some ground to need some water.

I cover the centre square pretty good :)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Trader » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Cohiba wrote:I like your optimism .....the best of luck.....

The power of positive thinking.

Trader
Assistant Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League