GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:06 am

The Exec at their best - you can definately see that their clubs wern't involved in the early starts.

incorrect Old Fellow- I believe PAOC played a 9am final at Richmond Oval...Peter Carter is associated with PAOC - and I'll also note that their club had to pay to watch a prelim final as well, which I don't believe any other club has ever had to do (oh, and the SHOC folk of course)

It'll be interesting to see just how much extra has been made by having the extra game.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Trader » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 am

They also got the Friday night game which "apparently" no-one wanted, and they've got another 9am game this weekend too.

Serves them right for making 4 GFs.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:50 am

Footy Chick wrote:
The Exec at their best - you can definately see that their clubs wern't involved in the early starts.

incorrect Old Fellow- I believe PAOC played a 9am final at Richmond Oval...Peter Carter is associated with PAOC - and I'll also note that their club had to pay to watch a prelim final as well, which I don't believe any other club has ever had to do (oh, and the SHOC folk of course)

It'll be interesting to see just how much extra has been made by having the extra game.

Ahem
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:51 am

Trader wrote:They also got the Friday night game which "apparently" no-one wanted, and they've got another 9am game this weekend too.

Serves them right for making 4 GFs.

There's only so much dissatisfaction one is entitled to hold on to when they're that successful :lol:
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:06 am

Quote "The Exec at their best - you can definately see that their clubs wern't involved in the early starts."

Quote "incorrect Old Fellow- I believe PAOC played a 9am final at Richmond Oval...Peter Carter is associated with PAOC - and I'll also note that their club had to pay to watch a prelim final as well, which I don't believe any other club has ever had to do (oh, and the SHOC folk of course)

It'll be interesting to see just how much extra has been made by having the extra game.Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better..."

My apologies I missed that Peter Carter is associated with PAOC, but maybe they had to pay a price for having 3 of their matches at the same venue and their 4th at another venue on a different day so all of their club could see their 4 matches with no hassles and travel. If their C3 GF was at a different venue they would have had to pay for that and then travel to their div 2 prelim so it hasn't cost them any extra to see all of their matches, especially as Friday night was free. The SHOC folk were the losers for having to pay for their prelim.

"It'll be interesting to see just how much extra has been made by having the extra game"
No one will ever know how much extra has been made by having the extra game as there is nothing to compare it to. Last season different teams , different days, different venues, different players, different spectators.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League